Decorating & Renovating

White on white/monochromatic/pale bedroom?

Big SmileSo, as with every house we've owned, the master bedroom is a mismatched disaster. Well, not so much mis-matched...there's barely anything left. The dresser bit the dust in the last move, the bedding has taken the brunt of a terminally ill cat who throws up constantly, etc.

We're planning in the next while to redo it from top to bottom and since we're basically starting from scratch, we have few limits. Obviously, we need a dresser soon (because living out of boxes is getting a *tad* old) and if I'm investing any money in that, I want it to work with the future plan.

We're thinking white on white, or just a mix of super washed out whites and ivories and such. Our style is contemporary, but we've added a bunch of classic elements to this house and are open to pretty much anything for the bedroom (since it's so removed from the rest of the house and meant to be our escape anyway). The only caveat is NO COUNTRY. :)

And damnit - I want a pretty bedroom, finally. It always winds up being the afterthought room and I want it to be our retreat in this house.

Any inspiration pictures? Blogs with ideas similar? Any help at all?

Re: White on white/monochromatic/pale bedroom?