Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I am being SUCH a baby so...flame away!!

When it comes to my group of friends, I love being the hostess. I have pool parties during the summer and I love to have baby/bridal showers. The showers, especially, are a lot of work (not to mention are on the pricey side) but I love hostessing them.

One of our friends is giving birth in August.  It was determined to NOT have the shower at my house because it is "so far away" - I was a little hurt but I decided that it would be nice to not spend the money and to not have to deal with the stress.  What is really annoying me, though, is that no one is making any sort of effort to get anything planned - a date hasn't even been set yet.  IMO, half of the importance of the preparation of the shower is all of the goo-goo gaga stuff that makes the honoree feel special.  None of this is being done.

Now, if the shower were at my house, the shower would already be planned. While I understand we are ALL busy, no one is too busy to make a friend feel special or to respond to an email to pick a fvcking date.

That's all.

Re: I am being SUCH a baby so...flame away!!

• I don't see this as you being a baby, I see this as you being a caring friend that wants to make sure things are done right.  Maybe a "shape up" e-mail to the group of hostesses would be appropriate--along with your suggestions to make the mom-to-be feel special.  It sounds like you've thought this out and would be a great help.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't think you're being a baby, I think you're being a good friend who wants someone to have the kind of shower they deserve and that will make them feel special.
  • Your not being a baby. You are just the type who like to plan ahead and thats not happening in this case so your upset. I agree with sending a get on the ball e-mail to planning can start ASAP.
    Shop my ThirtyOne Site anytime 24/7 www.mythirtyone.com/116821
  • Oh, I have sent emails. Sometimes no one responds. If they do respond it is "I am so busy" wah wah wah wah wah.

And the confession part here is: what do these people think *I* do all day? I just feel like its a constant jab at how un-busy I am.  And I have a horrible, horrible naughty response for this but it is so horrible I won't even say it to DH.  But...it is kind of true...anyway.

• image stripesandspots:

Oh, I have sent emails. Sometimes no one responds. If they do respond it is "I am so busy" wah wah wah wah wah.

And the confession part here is: what do these people think *I* do all day? I just feel like its a constant jab at how un-busy I am.  And I have a horrible, horrible naughty response for this but it is so horrible I won't even say it to DH.  But...it is kind of true...anyway.

Let's hear it!

Devil <----- me egging you on

I totally understand. I'm a big planner when it comes to events. I want friends to feel special, but, truthfully, it's also something I think is really fun. I'd be annoyed,  too. If it sucks, maybe you can plan a special "last hurrah!" evening for the mom and dad to be.

• As a person who has planned things, and had others give me the "I'm too busy" response, I feel ya. I don't think you're being a baby or deserve any flames. A baby shower (especially if this is a first child for her) is a special thing and should be treated as such.

I also would like to hear this horrible response. I live for things like that. It's probably awesome. 

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/pltollison/raptor.jpg[/IMG]
  • Since no one will respond I would talk talk to the girl your hosting the shower for and pick out some dates for the shower. Then call each one of the other hostesses and see what day works best and go from there.
    Shop my ThirtyOne Site anytime 24/7 www.mythirtyone.com/116821
  • image tbvenable:
    Since no one will respond I would talk talk to the girl your hosting the shower for and pick out some dates for the shower. Then call each one of the other hostesses and see what day works best and go from there.

I have done that - this is what prompted my whiny post!

I did send a "time is ticking away" email yesterday and I appear to be getting some responses today. We'll see!!!