Married Life

Does sitting in a hot car harm vodka?

I know it's not good for wine, does it matter with spirits? I need to pick some up for me and for a friend's bday gift and I would rather not walk into the office with a few bottles of vodka under my arm. 

Re: Does sitting in a hot car harm vodka?

• Maybe if it were dark liquor but I wouldn't think so for white stuff. Actually, they set shots on fire so I'm pretty sure heat is fine. I really have no expertise to back any of this up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TambcatTambcat
    Fifth Anniversary 5 Love Its

image stpetegirl:
    I know it's not good for wine, does it matter with spirits? I need to pick some up for me and for a friend's bday gift and I would rather not walk into the office with a few bottles of vodka under my arm. 

lol. I think that it is fine. My answer is based on yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. It's hot in the islands, right?

• Was it you who I was discussing infused vodka last year?

In any case, TRY SAGE infused vodka (throw a bunch of sage in absolut, no need to make it grey goose or anything).

Then muddle bing/rainier cherries in fresh lime juice and a bit of more sage, and add the sage vodka.

You WILL thank me.

• That sounds fantastic! I had a yummy cucumber martini last night night, Effin Cucumber Vodka with just a few olives thrown in, no olive juice. It was so nice and refreshing.
  • lol. i just clicked "watch this thread" so I can remember to play w/ this recipe later.

:) 

I'll try to scrounge up an herb lemonade i had at a food show this year.  I don't know if was just the pg talking but it was f*ing fantastic. 

Oh, and it's not my favorite to leave booze in the car, but I think vodka would be decently stable.   If you've got any bags or fabric shopping bags in the car, perhaps you could bring them in those.  Diaper bag?  does vodka fit in a diaper bag?  this seems like an important question. 

oh so helpful