Baton Rouge Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Baum's Buttercream

Just curious if anyone has ever attempted to make it. I need the recipe, and Google is not finding it for me! It is the most amazing buttercream! Every cake I order is white almond with buttercream frosting from there!
Follow Me on Pinterest
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baum's Buttercream

• mzovocemzovoce
    Ancient Membership 10000 Comments Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I believe cocaine or something equally addicting is the secret ingredient. Where's the mascot, he probably knows, if not he knows someone who works there.

• Pretty sure based on how white it is and the fact that the buttercream crusts when it's dry, that it's shortening based. I don't find it to be much different than the Wilton buttercream recipe. Just use a mix of butter and almond extract to flavor it (sold at Michaels) and you will get really close.
  • I just made it and it pretty damn close.
    1/2 cup shortening
    2 teaspoons clear vanilla
    1/4 teaspoon almond extract
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    4 - 6 tablespoons half & half
    5 cups confectioner sugar

Combine shortening vanilla almond ex and salt. Mix with mixer alternate 1c. Sugar 1 tablespoon until all sugar is used. For thinner use all 6 tlb half & half.
  • Alternate sugar and milk. Sry