Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Saturday Night Check In!

Who's here and what's going on?

I've been doing a lot of laying around because my stomach has been bothering me for days, so I haven't been eating much and I don't have any energy.  Worse, if I mention it to anyone, they think I'm pregnant.  Where's a ticker that says I'm negative 5 years pregnant Stick out tongue

But anyway, I also have two fosters out on trial adoptions right now (busta and nugget). So I've got my fingers crossed for them.  Also, I'm reading this super depressing facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PicturesandDocumentsfoundafterAprilTornadoes?closeTheater=1#!/PicturesandDocumentsfoundafterAprilTornadoes?closeTheater=1

No amount of education could convince Betty to be nice to possums

Re: Saturday Night Check In!

• I'm here. Laying in bed. I should be sleeping, but it's not happening. 

• do you need me to read you a bedtime story?
  • I'm around :)  Tom's out, so it's just me and the dogs.  I'm going to start drinking some wine and baking because I'm bored. 
    Sneak attack!

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2ypgio2.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'm here! Just got home from a pit bull rescue group fundraiser and I'm a little drunkst.

About to feed the dogs - we can't decide if we're going to feed them dinner and then go to bed, or if we're going to take them to a dog-friendly patio restaurant so that we can grab a bite.

• image Mryan209:
    I'm around :)  Tom's out, so it's just me and the dogs.  I'm going to start drinking some wine and baking because I'm bored. 

DH is baking too.  If you need some inspiration, he's making chocolate chip cookies with a little bit of oatmeal.

• Here. Was having a great day, but not so much anymore. Praying for something/one better to come along.
    My siggy is broken. It has made me grumpy.
  • I hate when people ask if I'm pregnant just because I'm sick. So annoying! At work people are predicting when I will get pregnant which I find offensive.

Anyway I'm around. We dropped off my first foster chick at his/her new home and I am very very thankful because I was concerned about keeping Ducky (the chick's name) alive through the night without a proper heat lamp or chicken food.

[url=http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21923163] Emmett, An Adoptable English Bulldog/Beagle Mix [/url]
  • I'm here. Still playing fetch with the new sherpa pink dino Brinley got today as an early gotcha day present/she was left with mom and destroyed her pink loofah dog.

Last sorority cabin party was last night, no alcohol and I'm still recovering, I'm too old for this! haha

• image karenttrouble:
    do you need me to read you a bedtime story?

Yes. And I would like some hot chocolate. I don't do warm milk. lol

• image wag more. bark less:
    Here. Was having a great day, but not so much anymore. Praying for something/one better to come along.

I'm sorry - hope things start to turn around soon.

• I'm here. D and I are watching "48 Hours Mystery" -- it came on after Criminal Minds, and we didn't change the channel, and now we're intrigued by the story, lol. 

Carl and Reese are playing bitey-face, which I'm actually happy about, because it means Reese is no longer shaking from the fireworks that were going off about twenty minutes ago.

I was at the shelter today, helping out with an orientation to help "entry-level" volunteers become "mid-level" volunteers (teaching them about dog body language, the different kind of mid-level dogs -- anxious, scared, mouthy, strong leash-pullers, etc. -- and while I was there, a friend of mine introduced me to Puma, a black lab/mastiff mix. LOVED HIM! Can't have, though :-(  

• Here for a little bit but my iPad battery is low and I'm annoyed at all the DDs lately. Pups are snoozing and Max just let out a stinky fart next to me. Love my life.
  • image Nik*Nak*89:

I'm here. Still playing fetch with the new sherpa pink dino Brinley got today as an early gotcha day present/she was left with mom and destroyed her pink loofah dog.

Last sorority cabin party was last night, no alcohol and I'm still recovering, I'm too old for this! haha

NikNak- I didn't know you were greek. Mind sharing (Or PMing if you don't want it to be public) what sorority?

I made Greek Chicken for dinner. This is HUGE because I don't touch raw meat... I haven't eaten any meat at home since B left.

Now I'm chillin and watching TV. Tomorrow I plan on breaking out my new PetJet Wash Nozzle I got at Menards ($3.00 after rebate!) and washing all 5 dogs.  

• image Nik*Nak*89:

I'm here. Still playing fetch with the new sherpa pink dino Brinley got today as an early gotcha day present/she was left with mom and destroyed her pink loofah dog.

Please tell me you were not born in 89 Stick out tongue You will make me feel way too old!

[url=http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21923163] Emmett, An Adoptable English Bulldog/Beagle Mix [/url]
  • image LinZem:
    image Nik*Nak*89:

Please tell me you were not born in 89 Stick out tongue You will make me feel way too old!

I'm an '88 baby... and I'm getting too old for that too. I was out with my sisters a few weeks ago, and I bailed early to go to bed.

It was 11PM on a weekend.  

• I am here. I went to a pet fair with my rescue today and walked around for a long time and then came home and gardened. FYI in case anyone was thinking of trying it, lifting and spreading around 15 40 lb bags of mulch and top soil after walking for 6 hours straight the day before = really freaking sore! 

I went to the chiropractor Thursday for the first time ever and it was so awesome, she made my back all better and I made it bad again with all that bending and lifting.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here! Eating a grapefruit and watching Disney's The Jungle Book with Bently. He's paying super close attention, and woofing at every character except Baloo the bear.

It's hilarious.

I need to be studying for a certification exam, but I'm watching old children's movies instead. Go me.

• image stargazertechie:
    image Nik*Nak*89:

NikNak- I didn't know you were greek. Mind sharing (Or PMing if you don't want it to be public) what sorority?

I made Greek Chicken for dinner. This is HUGE because I don't touch raw meat... I haven't eaten any meat at home since B left.

Now I'm chillin and watching TV. Tomorrow I plan on breaking out my new PetJet Wash Nozzle I got at Menards ($3.00 after rebate!) and washing all 5 dogs.  

Chi Lambda Sigma :) But we aren't national it's just at my private little baptist college. I love those girls, but I think I sat on the edge of the hot tub for about 4 hours, my butt is killing me. I think I was one of the last 2 up crashing at about 4 and getting up at like 8. 

I don't mind touching meat. I'll come cook if you will wash my dog :) She's little but gahhh she hates water, she is kind of like bathing a super muscular cat.

• image ARO1018:

image karenttrouble:

Okay, but I may need some help from the other pesties.

Once upon a time, there were two little black doggies named Jack and Jane.  They loved to split their time between rolling in the grass (supervised and with Frontline on) and snoozing on the couch.  One day, they became bored of their life of leisure, and decided to set forth on an adventure.  But, since they were dogs, they were not capable of fulling thinking out their plan.  They needed someone smart to take with them who would be able to figure out things beyond where the good pee spots were.  So they found Mitsy, the neighbor's cat, let her outside (where she had never been, as she was an indoor-only cat), and began planning. 

Jack wanted to go somewhere with higher grass than normal, as it would be excellent for rolling.  Jane wanted a location with a sunny spot and a shaded spot.  Mitsy had bigger plans.  She wanted to hunt for fish and mice.  "I've got it," Mitsy said, "we'll go down to Semisunny Lake!"  Mitsy had read about the lake in the newspaper, while pretending she was cleaning her paws so her owner wouldn't get any ideas about cats reading.

Ready to go with their leashes (they were against unleashed dogs) and lunches (grain free), they set forth for Semisunny Lake. 

And then.....

• image stargazertechie:
    image LinZem:
    image Nik*Nak*89:

I'm an '88 baby... and I'm getting too old for that too. I was out with my sisters a few weeks ago, and I bailed early to go to bed.

It was 11PM on a weekend.  

Guilty :) I'm just not a party-er by any means.

• I'm relaxing after a long day at work and I'm bummed I still have more stuff to do tomorrow.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • I'm here too.

My big ole boy is going to celebrate 7 years here in 3 weeks from now. He's now 9 years of age.:)

• image karenttrouble:

image Mryan209:
    I'm around :)  Tom's out, so it's just me and the dogs.  I'm going to start drinking some wine and baking because I'm bored. 

DH is baking too.  If you need some inspiration, he's making chocolate chip cookies with a little bit of oatmeal.

Oohh that sounds yummy.  I'm trying to make my own version of Nordstrom's fantasy bars so I'm making blondies with chocolate chips, white chocolate chunks, and caramel.  

Sneak attack!

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2ypgio2.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'm here. Watching a UFC fight with DH and Biscuit, Hank and our guest Sparky. Went to Canton (a HUGE flea market type thing) with my sister today and I am exhausted!!
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    imageimage

• here...  long, tiring day...
  • image karenttrouble:

Who's here and what's going on?

I've been doing a lot of laying around because my stomach has been bothering me for days, so I haven't been eating much and I don't have any energy.  Worse, if I mention it to anyone, they think I'm pregnant.  Where's a ticker that says I'm negative 5 years pregnant Stick out tongue

But anyway, I also have two fosters out on trial adoptions right now (busta and nugget). So I've got my fingers crossed for them.  Also, I'm reading this super depressing facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PicturesandDocumentsfoundafterAprilTornadoes?closeTheater=1#!/PicturesandDocumentsfoundafterAprilTornadoes?closeTheater=1

Oh my gosh, that link brought me to tears. :-( 

imageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image karenttrouble:
    image ARO1018:

image karenttrouble:

Once upon a time, there were two little black doggies named Jack and Jane.  They loved to split their time between rolling in the grass (supervised and with Frontline on) and snoozing on the couch.  One day, they became bored of their life of leisure, and decided to set forth on an adventure.  But, since they were dogs, they were not capable of fulling thinking out their plan.  They needed someone smart to take with them who would be able to figure out things beyond where the good pee spots were.  So they found Mitsy, the neighbor's cat, let her outside (where she had never been, as she was an indoor-only cat), and began planning. 

Jack wanted to go somewhere with higher grass than normal, as it would be excellent for rolling.  Jane wanted a location with a sunny spot and a shaded spot.  Mitsy had bigger plans.  She wanted to hunt for fish and mice.  "I've got it," Mitsy said, "we'll go down to Semisunny Lake!"  Mitsy had read about the lake in the newspaper, while pretending she was cleaning her paws so her owner wouldn't get any ideas about cats reading.

Ready to go with their leashes (they were against unleashed dogs) and lunches (grain free), they set forth for Semisunny Lake. 

And then.....

I'm disappointed this story didn't get finished. lol. I did spend way too much time looking at that facebook page you linked. So sad.

• image ARO1018:
    image karenttrouble:
    image ARO1018:

image karenttrouble:

And then.....

I'm disappointed this story didn't get finished. lol. I did spend way too much time looking at that facebook page you linked. So sad.

Maybe you fell asleep because the story was so comforting Stick out tongue