Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

crogers19, don't get all huffy and DD

04-30-2011 at 8:26 PM
crogers19
Not Ranked
Joined on 10-30-2009
804 Points
crogers19 is online. Last active: 04-30-2011, 8:10 PMNewbie
-->

Digging

-->

We have a husky and she will NOT stop digging up the yard. We have tried putting poo in the holes and she just digs somewhere else we tried this no dig nasty spray that makes it stink and she digs somewhere else. We have even stuck her face in the hole after she's been digging and spanked her and she still digs. 

Any tips, we will try almost anything except putting balloons in the yard because then she would probably eat them and get a bowel obstruction. ug. 

image Anniversary Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersimage

04-30-2011 at 8:31 PM
jump*tunne...
Not Ranked
Joined on 06-28-2010
on the agility course
35,905 Points
jump*tunnel*climb*weave is online. Last active: 04-30-2011, 8:11 PMBronze
-->
-->
image crogers19:

We have a husky and she will NOT stop digging up the yard. We have tried putting poo in the holes and she just digs somewhere else we tried this no dig nasty spray that makes it stink and she digs somewhere else. We have even stuck her face in the hole after she's been digging and spanked her and she still digs. 

Any tips, we will try almost anything except putting balloons in the yard because then she would probably eat them and get a bowel obstruction. ug. 

Indifferent  1) don't hit your dog  2) don't leave her out unattended, take her out on a leash/long line and bring her in when she tries.  3) get her more mental and physical exercise

04-30-2011 at 8:36 PM
straymo
Not Ranked
Joined on 05-28-2004
Jacksonville, FL
52,201 Points
straymo is online. Last active: 04-30-2011, 8:09 PMGold
-->
-->
Jump pretty much said everything I was going to say. When you are in the yard with him, when he goes to dig, tell him "no dig" and distract the another activity such as ball or tug. Unattended dogs dig and sometime dig out, bad situation all around.

Our dogs fill our house with love and laughter.
image image
Tillie may be gone, but she will never be forgotten
1994-2010

My Photo Blog - Stray Snaps  
04-30-2011 at 8:59 PM
JoBieger05
Not Ranked
Joined on 07-24-2009
Sumter, SC
17,165 Points
JoBieger05 is online. Last active: 04-30-2011, 8:12 PMBronze
-->
-->

Indifferent why would you hit her?! Huskies dig! It is their nature. They dig to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I had a Husky and a Husky mix. My husky mix, Ember, dug. She had a mind of her own and nothing that we were going to do was going to sway her opinion on anything. She had one hole that was the size of her. Never once did we ever think of hitting her. Should we have done more to train her? Yes. But we never would hit her.

ETA: Ditto Jump. Take her out on a leash. Supervise her. And take her on walks. Huskies have to know that you are in control or they will walk right over you. They are strong minded dogs and very smart. YOU have to be the leader. 

04-30-2011 at 9:00 PM
PibbleLove...
Not Ranked
Joined on 02-21-2011
11,094 Points
PibbleLover is online. Last active: 04-30-2011, 8:07 PMBronze
-->
-->
It astounds me that people think it is okay to hit their animals for doing things that are instinctive (or at all for that matter!). Disgusting.
04-30-2011 at 9:10 PM
crogers19
Not Ranked
Joined on 10-30-2009
804 Points
crogers19 is online. Last active: 04-30-2011, 8:10 PMNewbie
-->
-->
I dont "hit" my dog you judgmental dittys. I spanked her hind quarters like a mother spanks her child. And yes I do believe in spanking shocker!!! :-O

image Anniversary Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersimage

04-30-2011 at 9:12 PM
jump*tunne...
Not Ranked
Joined on 06-28-2010
on the agility course
35,905 Points
jump*tunnel*climb*weave is online. Last active: 04-30-2011, 8:11 PMBronze
-->
-->
Well thats a new one, ditties.  Hitting your dog, which spanking her is, is not an effective way to teach her anything.  It will likely get you bit too.

Re: crogers19, don't get all huffy and DD

• I hope her dog does bite her. Who the he!l hits a dog, especially for BEING A DOG. 

Dear Lord. 

• Great catch Jump!

Crogers- you HIT your dog. I don't care how you justified it, a dog isn't going to respond to being hit as a correction.

Verbal corrections, positive reinforcement, redirecting when digging... THAT is how you train a dog.

Perhaps if you supervised your dog, it wouldn't dig in the yard. But that would take effort, y'know.  

• image ARO1018:

I hope her dog does bite her. Who the he!l hits a dog, especially for BEING A DOG. 

Dear Lord. 

I think I would bite her. 

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ra5maf.jpg[/IMG]
  • Whoops, you beat me to it. Smile
  • image JoBieger05:
    image ARO1018:

I hope her dog does bite her. Who the he!l hits a dog, especially for BEING A DOG. 

Dear Lord. 

No no, you must pee on her to show her you are the dominant one. 

• I know Sable would bite if someone hit her. I have no doubt in my mind.

I doubt Roxie would, and honestly, that makes it worse. It you hit your dog and the dog DOESN'T bite you--well, you have a dog that clearly cares more about you than you care about him. Hitting an animal that won't defend itself is a whole different level of disgusting. 

• image PibbleLover:
    image JoBieger05:
    image ARO1018:

Dear Lord. 

Maybe I would pee and then bite...just for good measure. 

• image JoBieger05:
    image PibbleLover:
    image JoBieger05:
    image ARO1018:

Dear Lord. 

LOL
  • image JoBieger05:
    image PibbleLover:
    image JoBieger05:
    image ARO1018:

Dear Lord. 

While alpha rolling 

• image JoBieger05:
    image PibbleLover:
    image JoBieger05:
    image ARO1018:

Dear Lord. 

Good call! Yes 

• image stargazertechie:
    image JoBieger05:
    image PibbleLover:
    image JoBieger05:
    image ARO1018:

Dear Lord. 

While alpha rolling 

Oh yes, must not forget the alpha roll! 

• I'm distracted by the word "dittys".  lol
    [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/20f3s7k.jpg width="324", height="216"[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2lwrxqo.jpgwidth="324", height="216"[/IMG]
  • image ARO1018:

I know Sable would bite if someone hit her. I have no doubt in my mind.

I doubt Roxie would, and honestly, that makes it worse. It you hit your dog and the dog DOESN'T bite you--well, you have a dog that clearly cares more about you than you care about him. Hitting an animal that won't defend itself is a whole different level of disgusting. 

Perfectly said. 

Sneak attack!

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2ypgio2.jpg[/IMG]
  • Some of her other posts show a diminished level of brain activity as well.. 
  • image PibbleLover:
    image stargazertechie:
    image JoBieger05:
    image PibbleLover:
    image JoBieger05:
    image ARO1018:

Dear Lord. 

While alpha rolling 

Oh yes, must not forget the alpha roll! 

Yes 

• image stargazertechie:
    Some of her other posts show a diminished level of brain activity as well.. 

Oh Jesus, why do I bother reading things on the Bump?

image crogers19:

Got an OPK smiley face and my cm is pumping. I hope my dh is up for a fwp weekend!!!!!

Pumping?!  Ick!  Also, what is fwp?  I've never seen that one before.  Fvcking while pregnant?  I don't understand.

• image crogers19:

We are TTC and Im worried about the fact that I see a lot of his little swimmers on the sheets before I even have a chance to prop my butt up. Is there a way to keep from "spilling" when he pulls himself out???

• image stargazertechie:
    image crogers19:

We are TTC and Im worried about the fact that I see a lot of his little swimmers on the sheets before I even have a chance to prop my butt up. Is there a way to keep from "spilling" when he pulls himself out???

That's disgusting.  Do they talk like that often on the Bump?  Im glad I never go over there!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • image Lanerbell:
    image stargazertechie:
    image crogers19:

That's disgusting.  Do they talk like that often on the Bump?  Im glad I never go over there!!

Yeah, it's on a TTC board. There's a lot of conversation about cervical mucous, aunt flo, babydancing, and cervix positions.

You get used to it, actually.  

• You know, because poop deters Bently from misdeeds. Confused It makes sense to fill a hole with it to keep a dog from digging.

She should have sex standing on her head. That will ensure his "little swimmers" don't spill out.

• I think she needs another ticker.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image JosiePosy:
    I think she needs another ticker.

BWHAHAHA, Just noticed that...  

• image JosiePosy:
    I think she needs another ticker.

YesYes

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/20f3s7k.jpg width="324", height="216"[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2lwrxqo.jpgwidth="324", height="216"[/IMG]
  • KaieneKaiene member
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    image stargazertechie:
    image JoBieger05:
    image PibbleLover:
    image JoBieger05:
    image ARO1018:

Dear Lord. 

While alpha rolling 

Crying 

Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KaieneKaiene member
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper

Crogers19, please please read what the ladies here have advised you to do.  They really do have a lot of good information.

I can understand the frustration part.  When one of our cats was a kitten, she would bite, swat, scratch, etc for attention.  Whenever she did that, we put her down and ignored her, even going so far as to leave the room.  Was it kind of annoying to that every time? A little.  But it worked.  She got the message. 

Consistency is key.

Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker