Pittsburgh Nesties

Healthy goal for the upcoming week?

1. What is/are your overall goal(s) in getting healthy?

2. What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week to help get you to your bigger goal(s)?

3. What do you plan to do to meet your mini goal(s)?

4. Any healthy recipes to share?

5. Any health tips to share?

6. Anything else you care to add here?

My three sons.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Healthy goal for the upcoming week?

• 1. What is/are your overall goal(s) in getting healthy?

I need to lose a lot of weight (prefer not to share how much!), exercise more and overall lead a healthier lifestyle that does not revolve around food!

2. What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week to help get you to your bigger goal(s)?

• Drink 64 oz of water or Crystal Light
      • Eat 60g of protein
      • Get out for a walk 4x this week

• Keep a water bottle in front of me at all times
      • Keep track of calories either in my phone app or Sparkpeople
      • Get out at lunch time

No-carb mashed potatoes:

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
    1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (discard core and large stems)
    1 (14 ounces) can chicken or vegetable broth (or homemade - about 1-3/4 cups)
    2 Tbsp light butter or use FF Spray
    2 ounces FF cream cheese
    2 Tbsp FF sour cream
    1/2 cup FF shredded cheddar cheese
    1/4 cup sliced green onions, white and green parts
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preparation:
    Place cauliflower florets in a large saucepan. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until very tender, about 12 minutes. Drain thoroughly through a fine sieve and return to the pot over low heat. Cook about 2 more minutes to dry out excess moisture, stirring constantly. (It's okay that they break apart.)

Pour cauliflower into food processor fitted with the metal blade. Add butter, cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onion, salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine. Reheat before serving, if necessary.

I'm hardly one to be giving tips. LOL

You can do it! (I feel like a Nike commerical.)

My three sons.

• 1. What is/are your overall goal(s) in getting healthy?  I want to lose 30-40lbs.

2. What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week to help get you to your bigger goal(s)?  zumba class twice and I'm trying to really cut back on Diet Coke this week. 

3. What do you plan to do to meet your mini goal(s)? drink less coke

6. Anything else you care to add here?  Thanks for starting this Clare, I hope we can all add something to this!

Commiting myself to include more activity and exercise into my daily routine in order to regain muscle mass I lost over the winter!  Also, I would like to run the 10k in the Great Race this fall!

This week I would like to  use my 30 Day shred dvd alternating days with running as cross training to help with my 5k time on May 14th.

see above

I find a lot of motivation in Eleni, and wanting to give her a positive role model as far as health is concerned. Plus I love having energy to race with her in the yard.  

Clare- once I bring in tennis shoes to the office, I would love to join you in some lunch time walks!! 

Regain strengh in my core to help my back problems after back to back pregnancies and overall toning.

Core pilates/yoga dvd and get on the elliptical

I would like to join a zumba class once my core is a little stronger

No recipes off the top of my head.  I just try to eat whole grains, chicken breasts, fish...no red meat. 

No, but I will be looking for tips.  This is the first time in my life I HAVE to work out. 

*I feel better when I exercise plus I got a bit soft over the winter and it isn't the look i am going for.

*exercise every day, even if it is just taken the dog for a walk. and drink water instead of pop.

*see above

*I love this recipe, it is so good and fast. I do double the sauce & spinach though.

Balsamic Chicken with Baby Spinach

Recipe courtesy Ellie Krieger

Prep Time: 5 min Inactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time: 13 min Level: Easy Serves: 4 servings

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
    • 2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
    • 8 ounces baby spinach
    • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    • 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
    • 1 cup low-sodium canned chopped tomatoes with juice
    • 2 cups whole wheat couscous, cooked

Directions

Click here to see how she does it.

Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove the chicken and set aside. To the same pan, add the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Lower the heat to medium and add the balsamic vinegar and chicken broth to the pan and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook 3 to 5 minutes.

Place the couscous in a serving bowl. Top with the spinach, chicken and balsamic-tomato sauce

*I find that our American Bulldog is very motivating. He gets so excited when it is nice out that he drives me nuts until I walk him.

• Kris - that does sound delicious. I've added it to my recipe list - thank you!

My three sons.

• image northhillsbride:

lose 10 lbs, and finish a 5k with a satisfactory time. 

restart c25k around week 5 or so. 

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks for starting, I really need this!

1. What is/are your overall goal(s) in getting healthy? Lose weight (a lot) through portion control, exercise and keep active

2. What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week to help get you to your bigger goal(s)? Walk or some type of activity/exercise for 30 minutes, 5 times this week, snack healthier.

3. What do you plan to do to meet your mini goal(s)? Walk after the kids go to bed, get rid of the Easter candy

4. Any healthy recipes to share? N/A (I don't even have any unhealthy recipes to share!)

5. Any health tips to share? Don't listen to any health tips from me.

6. Anything else you care to add here? I really hope this helps because I need it!

I would love to lose 15 -20  lbs.  I have been under so much strees lately, I think that is why I can't lose any

Besides avoiding the Easter candy in the house, just trying to eat more fruits and veggies

No - I need to find healthy recipes!

I can't wait till the nice weather.  A co-worker and I are going to start walking around our bruilding during our lunch break.  And hopefully I can go to my Jazzercise class more often after Gregory is finished with soccer (but that is not till the end of June)

• 1. What is/are your overall goal(s) in getting healthy?  Lose at least 10-20 pounds (pre-wedding weight), bikini for the beach

2. What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week to help get you to your bigger goal(s)? Not eating Easter candy

3. What do you plan to do to meet your mini goal(s)?  Attempt to go for a walk everyday

4. Any healthy recipes to share?  Will look some up

5. Any health tips to share?  Water, water, water

ourblackandgoldworld.blogspot.com
  • 1. What is/are your overall goal(s) in getting healthy?At least 30lbs to lose.  If i am blessed enough to get PG again soon - eat healthy throughout.   2. What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week to help get you to your bigger goal(s)?More water!More veggies!Less snackingExercise videos when DH is away Log food! 3. What do you plan to do to meet your mini goal(s)?Start the day with a glass of water.Have a salad for either lunch or dinner every day Try to log food on my phone 4. Any healthy recipes to share?A great site for WW friendly recipeshttp://www.skinnytaste.com/ ;5. Any health tips to share?Eat protien with every breakfast. 6. Anything else you care to add here?Dont' beat ourselves up ladies!  It's important to be healthy but we all at times beat ourselves up about how we look etc.
  • -->

---- being healthy and inshape. Lose weight so i can get a  bfp. training for a 5k on june 25th.

------ stick to my work out plan. Avoid bread and pasta which are my downfalls.

meal plan and put me first.

----- if i had a healthy reciepe i dont think Id be in this mess in the first place. haha. But:

skinny

• -->

---- being healthy and inshape. Lose weight so i can get a  bfp. training for a 5k on june 25th.

------ stick to my work out plan. Avoid bread and pasta which are my downfalls.

meal plan and put me first.

----- if i had a healthy reciepe i dont think Id be in this mess in the first place. haha. But:

skinny

girl