Decorating & Renovating

Update on old house

Not sure if many people remember me, but I posted several weeks ago w/ questions about renovating an old historic home.  Everything pretty much stalled when the listing agent's office was taking forever to get us answers to questions we asked (another whole issue there)  and then the contractor we wanted to work w/ wasn't getting back to us...Well, we finally have a date confirmed to bring in a team of 4 contractors to go through the house with us and see what work needs to be done and get estimates on what the costs would look like.  I can't wait to finally get in there and get the information we need to make a decision. After next week, you might see a whole lot of me on here! haha Just had to share b/c I'm excited :)

Re: Update on old house

• I remember!

Keep us posted, and Good Luck!

ps

would love to see more pics

• Ooh good luck!  That sounds so exciting =)
  • YEA!  Hopefully all goes well and welcome to the board!  These ladies are AMAZING!!

• image dec13th:

I remember!

Keep us posted, and Good Luck!

ps

would love to see more pics

Happy to oblige...what's the fun of obsessing over it if I can't share it? haha. The interior pics are a little blah b/c they've got such an old style and tons of oriental rugs, but here are a couple. I think I already posted the kitchen and the outside.

East side: 1705 SOUTH Rd, BALTIMORE, MD 21209 

Sorry if these are huge. I can never seem to figure out how to make them smaller.

1705 SOUTH Rd, BALTIMORE, MD 21209 

West side:

Living room: 

Dining room:

Library:

Den:

Sunroom:

Upstairs:

ETA: Had the wrong picture in and fixed it. I'm really curious about how to update that den. I imagine it would be a huge pain to paint. 

• image mlhubbard:

YEA!  Hopefully all goes well and welcome to the board!  These ladies are AMAZING!!

Thanks! I can already tell from the wealth of information I got from 2 or 3 posts. You ladies know your stuff!

Even if this doesn't end up being THE house, I'm sure I'll end up a regular obsessing over whatever new house we do end up getting :)

• That house is gorgeous!

Good luck! I can't wait to see updates.  

• Hey Shadowboxer!

Yes, keep us posted on what you find you need to do and what you decide.  

• I can't wait to hear how it goes with the contractors! Do you think yhey will leave any of those rugs behind? If so I know a certain Baltimore nestie who would be interested in them ;) her name may or may not be Mary! Eeeekkkkk! I am so excited for you. What an amazing house!