Toledo Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Window recommendations

If you have bought windows lately, where did you get them? We just got a price from Lowes for Pella brand windows but want to try a few other places yet.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Window recommendations

• We used Hanson's but I didn't love them.  The windows are fine but I don't love the company.
  • Don't get the Anderson ones from Home Depot.  That's what we have, and some of ours have issues with the parts already, and they are only two years old...
    Our baby girl!!
  • The replacement windows we have put in our home are Pella Windows from Lowe's. I have no complaints. I plan to buy more of the same when we do some more replacements.
  • We used Riverbrook construction to do our basement windows.  I DO NOT recommend.  I'm not sure of the brand of the windows (the quality of those is fine) but the work was awful.  My apologies if anyone on this board knows people in the company....perhaps you can send them out to finish the job.

The rest of our house had Thermo Twin windows put in a few years before we bought it.  I have no complaints about those.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Chiming in pretty late....

We used Window World and I would use them again.  (in fact hopefully this summer/fall to do our upstairs!)  I really liked that the warranty covers everything with the window including the glass.  Other companies did not inc the glass and you had to go through home owners ins to get it fixed.

My dog, loves to be outside.  The first year we had the new patio door he busted right through the screen.  They came out (no hassel just a phone call) and fixed it three times that summer and then ordered a new patio screen door for us.

We'll probably at some point get it again this summer.  We let it go last summer.  Dog kind of makes his own doggie door.

I did NOT like Hanson's because they would not meet with me.  At the time my hubby and I worked opposite shifts and couldn't be at the house at the same time.  They wouldn't meet with me unless my husband (yep they said your husband) was also there.  Then put me on a call list when I did not schedule an appointment and they would start calling at 6:30am on Saturdays and Sundays.  No joke!!

We found Thermo Twin and Champion to be double the price of Window World.  Although Thermo Twin did price match after we told them.

We also had a good experience with Wallside windows.  The prices were similar and our sales guy was super sweet. 

• image Lady*Timot:

I did NOT like Hanson's because they would not meet with me.  At the time my hubby and I worked opposite shifts and couldn't be at the house at the same time.  They wouldn't meet with me unless my husband (yep they said your husband) was also there. 

This happened to me too.  They refused to meet with just me, they insisted DH had to be there.  I then insisted I didn't want to meet with them at all.  I have heard this from MULTIPLE people.  Perhaps they want you both there so you can make a decision on the spot, but they are certainly not very accomodating if only the woman of the house can meet with them.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yea I'm pretty sure it was the make a decision on the spot thing BUT honestly that's not happening.  I told them we were getting quotes and I didn't want the "talk"

(honestly my windows have "please replace me" stickers on them from the Relo company...I KNOW I need new windows...honest...that's why I called you.  The whole hour talk about how bad my current windows are could be better if you just cut to the chase and measured me up)

Anyways...I finally let some poor girl have it after they called me around 8 on a Sunday.