Decorating & Renovating

Need help-hanging wall letters (nursery)

I posted last week asking if anyone had seen the cut out paper from this picture because I wanted to do letters like this.

And a big thanks to whoever said they had it at Joann's because they did!

Well now I'm trying to figure out what the best way to hang these would be.  I'm afraid if they aren't totally tacked to the wall, they will move when we have the celing fan on.  My only idea was spray adhesive on the back of the paper.

Any suggestions? (for the letters too)  Thanks!

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Need help-hanging wall letters (nursery)

• I would guess the paper is glued on somehow (spray adhesive, like you said?)  And then the letters you could either hang on a nail, or there are sticky strips you can buy that are usually used for picture frames.  I might put a nail in the top and then use the sticky strip on the bottom of the letter to make sure it stays on the wall and won't move.

• How thick is the paper? I would glue them to the actual letters and then hang the letters on the wall using holes in the letters rather than brackets so they hang flush agains the wall. A couple pieces of double-sided tape would hold the paper corners in place without being permanent.

ETA: It also looks like they've used white tacks in the corners of the paper and you don't notice them because of the die cuts. HTH!

• image BecNC:

How thick is the paper? I would glue them to the actual letters and then hang the letters on the wall using holes in the letters rather than brackets so they hang flush agains the wall. A couple pieces of double-sided tape would hold the paper corners in place without being permanent.

ETA: It also looks like they've used white tacks in the corners of the paper and you don't notice them because of the die cuts. HTH!

I definitely didn't see those tacks but I think you are right!  That would be much easier than the spray adhesive.  Thanks for being so observant! 

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers