Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I really need a to find one?

I need a general family practice doctor or an internist.  I've asked around and nobody seems to have a good recommendation.  I have Anthem Insurance.  Is there a good way to find one who has an excellent track record and of course is board certified?  I know I can read reviews on Angie's list and such, but is there a professional site that has more info on docs?

Oh and I know I can ask Anthem for a recommendation but they only seem to find the most local one that is covered by them.

Re: I really need a to find one?

• Have you asked on your local board? That's how I found my obgyn.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't like random doctor choices.  I have a few issues I need a good doctor for. 

Would it be appropriate to ask my boss for a recommendation?  She is one person I'd trust to not just use a random person and she lives in my area.  Could it possibly be awkward to her if I ask? 

• You can ask your boss, unless you don't want that person to know anything about your medical history.

You can start with the insurance company & see who is in the plan. Then check with the licensing board in your state.  They will tell you if the doctor has ever been sued & lost. check the AMA's website; click the box that says Patients/ doctor finder.  Look on sites like Alice's list too.

• I asked my boss for a dentist recommendation, I think you could ask for a doctor rec if you keep it short & sweet. (don't go into details about your issues)

We found our FP by going to the urgent care clinic. We liked one of the doctors & mentioned we didn't have a FP. He only worked in urgent care but he recommended someone that we love.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My insurance co.'s website has doctor listings with all their school info and board certifications.  Then I go read their reviews on Angie's List.
  • Have you asked your local nest board yet? That's how I found mine. He's great.