Hawaii Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Popping over from Hawaii Bumpies board with a wedding-related question

Hi Ladies, 

Just popping over from the Hawaii Bump board with a wedding-related question.  What hairstylist/make-up artist did you use for your wedding in Hawaii.  My sister is getting married in September at our family church in Kalihi and I'm hoping to locate a good make-up artist/hairstylist for her.  There would be a total of 6 of us needing to be "made up" that day. 

Do you have any recommendations?  Good/bad experiences with certain vendors?  

Thanks in advance :)

-jen 

Visit The Nest!

a girl from Hawaii, living the expat experience in India.

Re: Popping over from Hawaii Bumpies board with a wedding-related question

• Hi Jen,

Saw your posts over on the knot and the bump but decided to post here just because this board has been kind of slow...

I used Dorys Foltin (Maleana).  I have a sorta review and pictures posted on my blog:

http://mspug.blogspot.com/search/label/Beauty

Overall, I was happy with my hair and makeup, but a little disappointed that I was unable to get the airbrushed makeup I paid for (she didn't have a certain part needed for the machine).  Even so, I thought my makeup looked perfect, and Dorys was able to make day-of changes that I requested after the trial.  I was also happy with my hair, but it started coming out at the end of the night (after about 8 hrs).

• Jamie, 
    Thanks for the reply. Through the ladies on the Bump, I had quite a few "yays" for Dorys and some that were happy, but could've been happier with her service.  So, it's good to hear both sides.  I'm hoping to gather all this info to help my sister make her choice and hopefully, have a great wedding day.  So, thanks for sharing your experience.  :) it really helps to hear from their clients directly. 
    Aloha, jen 
    Visit The Nest!

a girl from Hawaii, living the expat experience in India.
  • Beverly Kanishige is amazing.  I used her and loved her.
  • I also used Dorys Foltin of Meleana and I thought that my friends and I looked pretty darn good.  Wink  But I wish I had spoken up more during my trial I would have had her adjust my make up a bit, I felt a little...not so myself, but then again I didn't wear much make up then.  Smile  Overall I really liked the outcome.  Oh, one more thing I was born with SUPER straight hair so by the end of the night my curls were falling straight.