Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Literature Unit for Thirteen Reasons Why

I mentioned a while back that I was taking a Young Adult Literature in the Classroom course and that our final assignment was to create a literature unit based on a young adult novel. I chose to do my unit on Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why.  Because I know there are many teachers on here, I thought if anyone was interested in seeing my unit I would pass it along for you to look at and use if you'd like.  If you are interested, send me your email and I'll send it your way...

Just a note about what I had to cover in my final assignment:  Choose a novel that you wish to use in your class.  Your final assignment will be to develop a literature unit based on your chosen novel.  Develop the activities listed below:

-Two comprehension activities

-A list of at least ten vocabulary words

-Literary element (which will they study and what will they do)

-Three discussion topics

-Three quotes from the book to use as journal topics

-One writing topic for each of the four domains.

Big Smile 

Books Read in 2016: 4/50

Re: Literature Unit for Thirteen Reasons Why