New Jersey Nesties

NE1 Try Plum Organics or Ella's Kitchen?

I was just doing an order on diapers.com for baby formula and I noticed both of these products for the first time.  I don't usually see either brand in the stores.  Some of the puree mixtures look interesting.  Any experiences with either brand and does your baby enjoy it?

Re: NE1 Try Plum Organics or Ella's Kitchen?

• we started with plum baby purees but she prefers earths best. however we do use the plum baby oatmeal. i actually have a few purees left that she won't eat if you wanted me to send them to you to try!
    Jess and James 10.18.08
    Zoey Emma 08.18.10
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used the plum purees and my son loved them.  He really liked the banana one. 
  • image crows1920:
    we started with plum baby purees but she prefers earths best. however we do use the plum baby oatmeal. i actually have a few purees left that she won't eat if you wanted me to send them to you to try!
      Awww, you are very sweet, thanks.  I decided first to order a pack of the Ella's kitchen and see what its about.
  • We use ella organics and while some of the mixtures may sound odd.My DD will eat the purple pouch and the orange one.She also likes the brown one with the prunes and will sometimes eat the green one with the broccoli.

We also buy Happy Tots which you can get in Target.Ella's kitchen can be found in Target and shoprite as well.

anyway we are happy with them, they are a bit pricey for the size but it is a way for your kid to get some different veggies and fruit. 

• They are expensive but worth it IMO.. she loves them and they are healthier.  I keep some in the diaper bag, if we are out shopping she just 'drinks' them straight.  At home I mix them into vanilla yo-baby yogurt.
    Kristy

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • PLUM!!!!!  They are the absolute best - my daughters have all loved them, and - to tell the truth - so do I!  I actually still pack them in my 4 year olds pre school lunches - she loves them, and I love how healthy they are.  Tried Ella's, but my kids clearly prefer Plum.
  • TSDTSD member
    I've been using the pur?e pouches of both since E was able to eat them on his own. One? There are also Revolution Foods, Earth's Best now makes pouches, and Happy Baby. He eats at least one a day, sometimes up to three. I only buy the fruit/veggie mix vs just fruit so I know he's getting both. He's a ridiculously picky eater, but if I even say the word "pouch" that's like another kid hearing "ice cream". They're great on the go for a snack or as an addition to a meal. I think I have about 40 in my pantry right now. You can get them also at babies r us and buy buy baby. Target and whole foods have some. Revolution foods also makes Jammy Sammies which are organic pb&j, blueberry & oatmeal, yogurt & fruit little bars.
  • TSDTSD member
    Plum and happy baby also have more in them per pouch & higher calories. So if you're looking for a higher calorie content, try those. I give the Ella's more as a snack if it's close to lunch or dinner because they average about 35 calories. They have the most interesting fruit/veggie combos of things I'd never think to give. Like rutabaga/apple/spinach. Plum and HB are more 60-100 calories. I might give one of those and yogurt more as a meal. Like if he wouldn't eat lunch or dinner.
  • Hi!

I am a mom who happens to work for Plum Organics.  If you send your mailing address to info@plumorganics.com, I'd be more than happy to send you some coupons so that you can give our products a try :-)

Look forward to hearing from you!

Shannon

• Plum is hands down- the BEST! I feel like I should be the spokesperson for this product- seriously. My 11 month old LOVES them!!