Hawaii Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WTF Wednesday

Ah, it's the middle of the day (for me), in the middle of the week.  Feel free to post your WTF's here!! Smile

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF is up with dog owners who can't pick up after their dogs?  I live in a building that allows pets (I have no problem with that), and it seems like everyone takes their dog out front, and just leaves their "business" right there on the ground for people to step in.  There is a dog litter bag dispenser right outside the building, and a place for people to toss those bags.  There are also small piles of bags in the lobby area for people to take.  Seriously, is it that hard to pick up after your dog, and dispose of it?  You literally have to keep your eyes on the ground when you walk through that area.  If it you're not trying to avoid a pile, it's a streak of it that someone who already stepped in some, tried to scrape off their shoe.  Management has tried posting signs but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  WTFFFFF?!?!
  • image chikarakobu:
    WTF is up with dog owners who can't pick up after their dogs?  I live in a building that allows pets (I have no problem with that), and it seems like everyone takes their dog out front, and just leaves their "business" right there on the ground for people to step in.  There is a dog litter bag dispenser right outside the building, and a place for people to toss those bags.  There are also small piles of bags in the lobby area for people to take.  Seriously, is it that hard to pick up after your dog, and dispose of it?  You literally have to keep your eyes on the ground when you walk through that area.  If it you're not trying to avoid a pile, it's a streak of it that someone who already stepped in some, tried to scrape off their shoe.  Management has tried posting signs but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  WTFFFFF?!?!

Haha. I totally agree. People do that in NYC allllllllllll the time.

My WTF: Why do people INSIST on getting on the elevator/coming in the door/getting on the bus/getting the subway before others have stepped off? Idiot, it makes it easier if you let everyone OFF first and THEN step in/on. No one wants to go around you, so just slow your roll for a few seconds. It won't kill you. I promise.

cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image chikarakobu:
    WTF is up with dog owners who can't pick up after their dogs?  I live in a building that allows pets (I have no problem with that), and it seems like everyone takes their dog out front, and just leaves their "business" right there on the ground for people to step in.  There is a dog litter bag dispenser right outside the building, and a place for people to toss those bags.  There are also small piles of bags in the lobby area for people to take.  Seriously, is it that hard to pick up after your dog, and dispose of it?  You literally have to keep your eyes on the ground when you walk through that area.  If it you're not trying to avoid a pile, it's a streak of it that someone who already stepped in some, tried to scrape off their shoe.  Management has tried posting signs but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  WTFFFFF?!?!

Ugh.  It's like that in our neighborhood, too, and it drives.me.crazy!

• Hahaha...I can't think of my own WTF right now, but I totally agree with the two above.  My parents have a neighbor who constantly walks his large dog late at night and leaves huge poops in the middle of their yard.  There will be a new one there every day.  They tried not picking it up, but then it stays there.  Then they tried picking it up and tying it to a fence as a hint.  Then I went out and got them a bright orange sign to put in their yard that says to pick up your dog's mess.  Nothing works!  It's hard for them to catch them in the act because it is always late at night.  Now my mom throws cayenne pepper and moth balls and whatever else she's read about to keep the dog out of the yard!  Why can't dog owners just be responsible!  WTF!

As far as the elevator, that drives me crazy.  I swear sometimes I'll stand in the elevator for a few seconds (which feels much longer when you are staring at a stranger waiting for them to get out of the way).  I mean, seriously, how are they going to get in if you can't get out?!  WTF!