Fashion & Beauty

*The_Jen626*

Okay, I am finally getting around to making a trip to a store that will carry rose hip seed oil. I am dying to try it after your glowing recommendation for what it did to your skin! It occurred to me I don't really know what to do with it once I get it... ha. How do you use it/what's your routine? When did you notice an improvement?

After 12 cycles TTC and two losses, our baby boy is here!

Born in the water, 04.12.12 at 1:04am. 7 lbs 11 oz and 19.5 in.

Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mama

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *The_Jen626*

• Oh yay, you will LOVE it!

I had really bad acne as a teen, I did multiple treatments of Accutane, etc.

One of my close friends was in esthetician school and had to do a certain amount of hours in order to get licensed, so I got facials like once a month from her, it was awesome.  Anyway, she was the one that suggested I try it.  It was like $28 and I was hesitant, but bought it and it was a miracle!  I rubbed it on at night, I had really bad red scars on my chin and cheeks.  Then would go to bed and wash my face in the morning.  I never wore it during the day, only because I assumed it would look kind of oily in the daylight...?  Within a few weeks, I noticed a difference.  I only used it for maybe 6 weeks total?  Now I have flawless skin, you can't even tell I ever had acne at all.

Oh and also, they said it could stain your pillowcase or towels, but I never noticed any staining.

Please keep me posted, I'd love to hear how you like it or don't like it, as I reccomend it all the time, lol.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do you guys mind telling me where I can buy this?  I've seen it mentioned on here a few times and I've really been wanting to try it.  Also, do you know if it's okay to use on the nights I don't apply Retin-A?

Sorry to jump on your post!

• I'm getting it a "natural living" store in my town (they sell vegan and organic foods and products, supplements, etc). Places like Whole Foods would carry it also but my nearest one is 45 min away. I just looked it up online to price compare and there are several places to buy it over the internet, too.

• Thanks!!  I'll check Whole Foods next time I go.  :)
  • Jen, sorry another question- What other products did you use with the oil? I am currently use the Proactiv 3-step system because I was desperate for something to calm my breakouts after my miscarriage. It worked really well for me so I'm afraid to stop using it. My main concern is the awful red scaring I have left behind. Do you think I could apply the oil at night over the 3-step system? Say, apply the repairing lotion, wait a few minutes for it to fully dry and then apply the oil?

• image funkymonkeyohyeahhh:
    Jen, sorry another question- What other products did you use with the oil? I am currently use the Proactiv 3-step system because I was desperate for something to calm my breakouts after my miscarriage. It worked really well for me so I'm afraid to stop using it. My main concern is the awful red scaring I have left behind. Do you think I could apply the oil at night over the 3-step system? Say, apply the repairing lotion, wait a few minutes for it to fully dry and then apply the oil?
    I'm sorry that you are having IF issues, I did too, and it totally messed up my skin! IF sucks. Anyway, I would probably wash and toner, and then apply the rose hip seed oil instead of the zit lotion. I used AcneFree until my esthetician made me stop cause it dried up my skin so bad. However, I really felt like the Acne Free cleared up my acne from fertility drugs! Good luck with everything : )
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image The_Jen626:
    image funkymonkeyohyeahhh:
    Jen, sorry another question- What other products did you use with the oil? I am currently use the Proactiv 3-step system because I was desperate for something to calm my breakouts after my miscarriage. It worked really well for me so I'm afraid to stop using it. My main concern is the awful red scaring I have left behind. Do you think I could apply the oil at night over the 3-step system? Say, apply the repairing lotion, wait a few minutes for it to fully dry and then apply the oil?
    I'm sorry that you are having IF issues, I did too, and it totally messed up my skin! IF sucks. Anyway, I would probably wash and toner, and then apply the rose hip seed oil instead of the zit lotion. I used AcneFree until my esthetician made me stop cause it dried up my skin so bad. However, I really felt like the Acne Free cleared up my acne from fertility drugs! Good luck with everything : )

Thank you for your help (and encouragement)! I'll be trying it tomorrow. I read a couple reviews on MUA that said they use it during the day. I currently SAH and I don't necessarily have to be anywhere tomorrow, so I may try that initially because I'm so used to piling on the zit cream at night, lol. I'll let you know how it works!