Hawaii Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Open Letter Monday

OK ladies, as previously posted, here is today's theme.  Write a letter to someone in your life.  It can be a complaint or a thanks, or whatever you like!  From what I've seen on TN, they tend to be complaints but feel free to write whatever you like.  Smile

Re: Open Letter Monday

• Me first!  Mine is a complaint...

To the ladies at the gym who stand around naked in the changing room:

I don't mind if you stand there naked texting or chatting amongst each other, or even if you chat me up.  It is your prerogative if you prefer to "air dry". 

I do, however, mind very much when you come over to where I am and stand inches from me, while you are completely naked.  As I am 5 ft 1-ish, it is awkward to turn around have have your bare breasts inches from my face.  It is even more disturbing when I am crouching down, getting my stuff out of one of the lower lockers, and you bend over with your bare butt facing me. 

I also understand that the changing room gets very crowded at times, but do you think you could at least wrap a towel around your parts when you squeeze past me?  Does it not bother you to feel my sweaty clothes and sweaty skin against your bare skin?  Because it sure bothers me!! Angry

Sincerely,

Your fellow gym-goer

• This is a bit of a work-type complaint... i work at a large local university as an academic advisor...

Dear Students...

Please stop having your parents call me to figure out what classes you should take, or to see why you failed your Introduction to Psychology course.  You are an adult.  Take some responsibility.  Get an alarm! Go to class! Sit in the front and don't fall asleep!  Look up the answers to some of your ridiculously obvious questions online.  I trust you know how to use the internet since you spend all of class browsing facebook. I will not change my answers to your questions if your parents call me - university policy is university policy.  I don't make it up.  I promise if you put as much energy towards college as you do towards Angry Birds and Beer Pong you will probably do pretty well and get a decent job once you graduate.  Are your parents going to call your employer after you graduate to ask for your raise, or to ask for time off? Sounds absurd, doesn't it!!  Just about as absurd as it is when you have them call me!!

Looking out for your educational best!!

Your academic advisor

(I promise I am not typically that mean - i just get tired of helicopter parents doing all the dirty work!!)

Our Blog
    My Planning Blog updated 8/2009
  • image ldanzr:

Please stop having your parents call me to figure out what classes you should take, or to see why you failed your Introduction to Psychology course. 

OMG, it never ends.  I had a parent contact me to inquire about his/her child's poor job performance review.  Seriously, how can they think that helps the situation?

• image ldanzr:

Please stop having your parents call me to figure out what classes you should take, or to see why you failed your Introduction to Psychology course.  You are an adult.  Take some responsibility.  Get an alarm! Go to class! Sit in the front and don't fall asleep!  Look up the answers to some of your ridiculously obvious questions online.  I trust you know how to use the internet since you spend all of class browsing facebook. I will not change my answers to your questions if your parents call me - university policy is university policy.  I don't make it up.  I promise if you put as much energy towards college as you do towards Angry Birds and Beer Pong you will probably do pretty well and get a decent job once you graduate. 

Oh man! I used to work at a University and got these kinds of calls all the time. There are the students who are independent, can think on their feet, and act like ADULTS, and those who just can't seem to do anything.