Decorating & Renovating

Peacock-inspired bathroom? Help me with ideas?

So I'm straightening my hair the other day and I look over at this little peacock feather hair piece thing and think -- that would be such great inspiration for a whole bathroom.

Often on Saturday nights I get ready for going out while listening to Broadway tunes on public radio. It has a very 20s, retro vibe that for some reason fits with peacock in my head.

I'm thinking a light blue or aqua paint on the walls, maybe with vertical stencils in a peacock blue? Not sure what type of image. Silver accents/fixtures.

How can I run with this? Ideas? I'm not big on physical feathers, but something about them is inspiring me. My bathroom is totally white at the moment, but it has light green grout. I should add that I love color and am not afraid to go bold.

Here's a pic.

My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.

Re: Peacock-inspired bathroom? Help me with ideas?

• Hi there! I was just passing by this board when I saw your post :) Here are my ideas... (sorry, lots of PIPs)

You could use the colors of a peacock as the inspiration for your bathroom:

For ex, with the blue and yellow, you could have:

You could also play with the room's accessories: window or shower curtains with peacock feathers, prints, or colors such as

image image

image  image

or light fixtures like:

or wall patterns like in this peacock bathroom:

Here's a blue, white, silver bathroom with a peacock mirror (I love it!):

(more pics of this bathroom here)

• I like the ideas from above.  I probably wouldn't do any stenciling of peacock feathers, but use the colors from the feather and possibly a peacock shower curtain.  I feel like if you stencil it's sort of overkill.
  • image ClaudiaKishi:
    I like the ideas from above.  I probably wouldn't do any stenciling of peacock feathers, but use the colors from the feather and possibly a peacock shower curtain.  I feel like if you stencil it's sort of overkill.

ditto.

I'd go with a teal or green on the walls. I really like that light fixture. 

• Cute idea! I'm not wild about peacock motifs but love the colors. I also love that light fixture! I was thinking how neat that up close picture is that was posted, of the center of a peacock feather. It might be neat to have a couple of similar photos, not of the whole feather but the up close details with the colors, really zoomed in, for the walls. It would pull together the colors and idea without getting into a big motif thing.
    PersonalMilestone
  • I ran across that light fixture too and thought the same thing that you guys did: gorgeous! Thanks ladies.
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • Love this idea!  I love those colors!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers