Fashion & Beauty

What to do with extra make up bags?

I have quite the collection of makeup bags from working at a cosmetic counter for so long. I've given a lot of them away and use the ones I need for my makeup etc...

Can anyone think of a creative use for them?

Re: What to do with extra make up bags?

• Contact your local women's shelter. They might take the unused ones.
  • I give a lot of them away, but I do keep a few.

I use one as a sewing kit.  I keep all of my thread, buttons, needles and pins in there.

Another one I use for carrying tampons when I travel.

Another one I use for a mini first-aid type kit when I travel - thermometer, bandages, neosporin, medication.

Or really anything that I want to keep organized when I travel - earplugs, eyemask, face wipes, lotion, etc; passport, travel documents, etc.

• My girlfriend uses them to organize things in her big purse that is like a bottomless pit.  So, instead of edlessly rooting around a pile of junk in her purse, she has 3-4 cases and pulls them out based on what she needs.

Do you have kids?  Can you use them to keep track of little stuff, like Barbie shoes or Lego men or something?

• I know, I've got lots too from friends working in cosmetics.  I use them for:

- organizing some of my less-used makeup in my bathroom

- traveling; one for makeup, one for skincare, one for hair accessories, etc.

- carrying my sunglasses

- carrying 'feminine hygiene products' in my purse (good hiding place, there's nothing worse than opening your purse to pay for something and that wonderful plastic package peeks up for all to see, lol).

Just celebrated 6 blessed wedded years! 9.24.06
    image image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Keep one in the car for essentials--snacks, feminine products, band aids, extra cash, etc.
  • I donate them to shelters or give gifts in them to friends for birthdays, etc instead of bags.
  • Those are great ideas. I'll def start using one to organize things in the car. I love the idea of donating to shelters. I'm going to call around today.

Thank you all!