June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Poll: DH and his wedding ring ( Inspired by Prince William)

Inspired by the fact that Prince William's will not wear a wedding ring is front page news.[Poll]

Re: Poll: DH and his wedding ring ( Inspired by Prince William)

•  H doesn't wear a wedding ring on a regular basis.

Since he works with high voltage, its a danger and H isn't good about rememering to take it off or where he put.

He wears it around his neck instead. Every once in a while he will out put it on his finger- usually when he is off or not working for an extended period of time.

It doesn't bother me.  

• DH wears his when we are out of the house.  When we are at home doing nothing, neither of us wear our rings.  I know lots of married men who don't wear their rings, I don't think it's uncommon. 
    Brooke & Codey 06.07.08

Our first little boy due May 14

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;46/st/20120514/k/b79a/preg.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • He wears his most of the time. We both wear them as soon as we leave the house and take them off as soon as we get home. We never wear them to the gym or to do any type of sports. 

I know some couples that haven't taken them off since the wedding. I don't guess we're that dedicated lol 

Happiest place on Earth!
  • I don't think DH has ever taken his off. I only wear mine when I leave the house though, because I kept scratching (or almost scratching) Nolan.
  • DH doesn't wear his when he's golfing (which is quite often when it's nice here) and we both take them off at night.
  • Mine are on 24/7 unless I am cleaning them, pretty much.  I've gained a lot of weight since the wedding so they are unhappily quite snug and I fear never getting them back on.

DH takes his off at night.

My Dad never wore a ring so it doesn't seem odd to me.  In Prince William's case, it's not like anyone will not know he's married since everyone knows who he is, LOL.
  • We both wear ours all the time. I think if I took mine off every night, I would have lost it and had to replace it at least 7 times by now. The only time I take it off is when I'm lifting weights (same with DH) because it gets in the way, and the grippy parts of the weights tear them up. I usually don't remember to put them in my purse before I start working out, though, so depending on which workout pants I'm wearing I'll put them in the zippy pocket or tie them to the drawstring at my waist.
  • He normally wears it. Since he has been on the road he has left it at home because you can't wear rings in plants or you risk losing a finger. I give him a hard time and tell him he can pick up more women if he is "committed" ha-ha! But really I don't mind-fingers are better than none!
  • We both wear them all the time except when working out. Neither of us has a job that would make wearing a ring risky. He is a computer networker, and I'm a teacher. There are things far more dangerous about my job than wearing my rings Stick out tongue
  • DH doesn't wear his much, if at all.  It doesn't bother me.  I know he's faithful, and he doesn't wear any jewelry.  I haven't worn mine since I got pregnant.  I can't wait to wear it again. 
  • Yep, he wears his all the time.  I don't know how I would feel if he didn't want to wear it, but if he had a good reason, I would be ok with it.

Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • image *starcrossd*:

Yep, he wears his all the time.  I don't know how I would feel if he didn't want to wear it, but if he had a good reason, I would be ok with it.

This.

I only recently started taking my rings off from time to time just because of my itchy finger rash thing I got going on. However, I wear them even if they are uncomfortable because like pp, I would have lost them a million times by now.
    [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/trickeytricky/463073_361060323935872_249254421783130_980011_919771394_o-1.jpg[/IMG]Cut the Crap: a weight loss blog
  • He very rarely wears it, basically only when we go out or to events.  It's really not very sanitary to wear it in a hospital or clinic.  I do not care.  To be honest I rarely wear mine either.  I don't know why, I just never really got used to it and it really needs to get resized (they got too small when they were soldered together).  I have no reason not to, my job does not make it dangerous or dirty.
  • He wears it most of the time.  When he is working out, golfing and playing sports he takes it off but other than that it's on his finger.  He actually comments that he feels "nakes" without it.  I also wear mine most of the time.  I don't wear it at night since it seems to be what helps keep the itchy rash away and I only wear my wedding band when I play softball.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • When he worked at a mechanic, he would take his ring off because it was a hazard to him...his hand in small places, hot car parts...we didn't want his finger ripped off, so in that case, I understood.

Now that he's in sales, he wears it all the time.

I didn't read the other posts yet, so if it's been said already, I apologize. I heard that in England, it's common for only the women to wear rings...so maybe that plays into it? Everyone will know he's married, but it would still probably bother me.

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2h4bxj9.jpg[/IMG]
  • My issue with the Prince William ring thing is they aren't even exchanging rings together during their wedding ceremony. It is one thing if your husband doesnt routinely wear a ring after you are married.

It is reported that only one ring will be exchanged during the ceremony, and that is a ring that is being made for Kate. He will give her the ring infront of a billion people
    and there will be no "ring ceremony" from kate to him.

Frankly, I just think that is weird. You don't have to wear the ring, but at least exchange one, for traditions sake.

I guess I like to be old school.
    [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/trickeytricky/463073_361060323935872_249254421783130_980011_919771394_o-1.jpg[/IMG]Cut the Crap: a weight loss blog
  • image MrsG.060708:

I didn't read the other posts yet, so if it's been said already, I apologize. I heard that in England, it's common for only the women to wear rings...so maybe that plays into it? Everyone will know he's married, but it would still probably bother me.

I didn't know this, and now my post sounds a little naive. Oh well, from the US I'd expect a change of rings from both people.
  • DH doesn't wear his to work in the winter. He's a police officer and spends a lot of time outside. It flew off his hand once and ever since then he leaves it at home. I'm okay with that, I'd be more upset if he lost it. When the nice weather rolls around, he wears it 24/7.
    Finally a Mrs as of June 7, 2008
    image Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My boring blog