Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

If you are/did run through your pregnancy..

When did you start to feel lots of pressure and is it ok to feel this pressure and continue the run? I am about 25 weeks and still going about 5 miles 6 days a week at a lot slower pace. I am starting to feel lots of pressure but not so much that I cant continue to run. I am just wondering if this is normal and if its ok to run through it. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you are/did run through your pregnancy..

• Curious to the answer to this question too. 

I have been running throughout my pregnancy, but yesterday had some pressure about 2 miles in for the 1st time ever. I did 1 more mile and stopped.  It wasn't painful, but definitely uncomfortable.

Wondering if that was a fluke or something that is going to continue to happen. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I ran off and on until 30ish weeks.  I ran much less than normal and much less than you.  I think you just need to listen to your body.  If it doesn't feel right, then stop.  If it feels good - keep it up!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • i ran until almost 30 weeks and I never had any pressure.  Are you wearing a support belt?  I wore this and loved it: http://www.fitmaternity.com/maternity-clothes/ga003.html

I had twins so I was pretty careful with running...pressure would have made me stop and hit the pool.

Training blogTwins and Triathlons

Post Partum PRs:
    5k: 18:32; 5k with stroller: 20:32; Half Mary: 1:32:40; Oly tri: 2:28:52; sprint tri (750meter swim): 1:11:49

Up Next:
    Breaking all my PRs[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tools/tickers/tt3205c.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I stopped around 16 weeks. I just was uncomfortable. I know lots of people say it's fine and run no problem but I wasn't one of them. I also train based off of my heartrate for my regular training and good Lord I could not control my heartrate while running pg. I totally agree with the poster who said if it doesn't feel right stop. I started cycling a lot more and elliptical (did I mention I hate the elliptical), but I keep almost the same pace on the elliptical as I did running and can manage my heartrate.
  • I didn't feel any pressure. However, my doctor told me to stop running at about 24/25 weeks. I was bummed because I had just run an awesome 5k the day before.  I was about to power walk in race until the month before I delivered. 
  • I was running every single day of my previous pregnancy. I ran 6 miles the day before I delivered (at exactly 40 weeks). I ran a full marathon at 25 weeks with no problem. I never felt any pressure but I started wearing a belly belt when my belly got heavy around 30 weeks. I am also running daily with this pregnancy but obviously I am not very far along.
    36 marathons since 2002, 6 Boston marathons, PR 3:17 Silicon Valley 2010

Boston Marathon 2009 at 25 weeks pregnant in 4:29

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/zyaasl.jpg[/IMG]

Wedding Bio Wedding Video TTD Book Baby Blog Maternity Pics
  • I started feeling pressure around 20w when running & exercising, and also was having BH contractions. When they checked me out I was already effacing and dilating, so that was the end of exercising during p/g. I don't think I'm the norm though.
    Caroline (5), Kyle (3), Lucy (01/04/12)

2012 Goal: working towards pre-pregnancy speed!
    04/15 KI Metric Marathon/16.3 m (2:05:55, 7:43 pace)
    05/06 Frederick 13.1 (1:41:09)
    11/04 NYCM
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers