Decorating & Renovating

Curtains over blinds?

We have vertical blinds on all of our windows in our home, but want to add some curtains for decoration. I don't often see curtains over windows that already have blinds...is this not common? Should it be one or the other?

Any advice on making them both work together?

Re: Curtains over blinds?

• i've seen valances over blinds?

im not sure i've ever seen curtains

*hatred is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies* Vacation
  • imageimage

i found these options?

*hatred is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies* Vacation
  • For some reason I am fine with curtains over horizontal blinds but think curtains over vertical blinds is totally weird.

IDK why.

• We have valances over our vertical blinds in the dining room.  I don't think curtains would look right though. 
  • Not sure. I always have curtains over blinds, but my blinds are all horizontal. Could you replace the blinds and add curtains?
  • Decorative curtains over shading blinds makes sense to frame the window, but shading curtains over shading blinds doesn't seem right.

If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Experience is not what happens to a man, it is what a man does with what happens to him. -Aldous Huxley

We own our first home as of March 8, 2011!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have curtains and blinds on all my windows in my house!
  • Our house came with nice thick white blinds which was nice for awhile but now we are adding sheer curtians over the windows in the bedroom, over the blinds. You can do both!

form2form.wordpress.com