Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

More SBC Questions

Is "fire" a weather word? (I know it is here in SoCal, since we don't have hurricane season, we have fire season...). What about "water"?

Is Hogwarts a high school?

Does the 100 pg. minimum guideline still apply for the poetry book?

Do fictious coutries/places count as a place you'd like to visit? (i.e., Panem, Wonderland, Middle Earth, etc.)

Photobucket

Re: More SBC Questions

• Is "fire" a weather word? (I know it is here in SoCal, since we don't have hurricane season, we have fire season...). What about "water"? I'd say no for both fire and water..

Is Hogwarts a high school? I'd say yes.

Does the 100 pg. minimum guideline still apply for the poetry book? Not sure, I'll leave this one up to other people to comment on. :)

Do fictious coutries/places count as a place you'd like to visit? (i.e., Panem, Wonderland, Middle Earth, etc.) I'd say yes.

My Crockpot Blog

DS born 2.28.13 at 31w1d 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image SBS0628:

Is "fire" a weather word? (I know it is here in SoCal, since we don't have hurricane season, we have fire season...). What about "water"? I'd say yes to fire, no to water.

Is Hogwarts a high school? I'd say yes. 

Does the 100 pg. minimum guideline still apply for the poetry book? I'd say yes. 

Do fictious coutries/places count as a place you'd like to visit? (i.e., Panem, Wonderland, Middle Earth, etc.) I'd say yes. 

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• kpowkpow member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    Is "fire" a weather word? (I know it is here in SoCal, since we don't have hurricane season, we have fire season...). What about "water"? I vote no.

Is Hogwarts a high school? Yes.

Does the 100 pg. minimum guideline still apply for the poetry book? I vote no.

Do fictious coutries/places count as a place you'd like to visit? (i.e., Panem, Wonderland, Middle Earth, etc.) I guess so, but I think it's kind of a stretch.

Can I marry them all?

• Is "fire" a weather word? (I know it is here in SoCal, since we don't have hurricane season, we have fire season...). What about "water"? I vote yes for fire (We have fire season here too), but no for water

Is Hogwarts a high school? Sure

Does the 100 pg. minimum guideline still apply for the poetry book? I'd say it should be close to 100, because a book of poetry that only has, say 20 pages is a little short

Do fictious coutries/places count as a place you'd like to visit? (i.e., Panem, Wonderland, Middle Earth, etc.) Agree with pp, it's a stretch, but I'd say sure...

Books Read in 2016: 4/50

• I say no to fire

Yes to Hogwarts

Yes to the 100 pg minimum on poetry - it shouldn't be hard to find a poetry book with 100 pages and it's probably going to read faster than another book would anyway becaue of formatting/fewer words on the page.

I'm ok wtih fictitious places counting

image image image
  • image julie37619:

I say no to fire

Yes to Hogwarts

Yes to the 100 pg minimum on poetry - it shouldn't be hard to find a poetry book with 100 pages and it's probably going to read faster than another book would anyway becaue of formatting/fewer words on the page.

I agree with all of these.

• image Kate&Mark:
    image julie37619:

I say no to fire

Yes to Hogwarts

I agree with all of these.

Ditto these for me.  Although I could probably be persuaded on the fire but definitely not on the water. 

imageimageimage
  • image SBS0628:

Is "fire" a weather word? (I know it is here in SoCal, since we don't have hurricane season, we have fire season...). What about "water"?

eh-for fire i say no. a fire isn't a weather phenomenon-a hurricane is.

i say no to water too.

Is Hogwarts a high school? no since in england they dont have high schools and it's a wizard school-starting at 7? end at 14? nope.

Does the 100 pg. minimum guideline still apply for the poetry book? yes i think so.

Do fictious coutries/places count as a place you'd like to visit? (i.e., Panem, Wonderland, Middle Earth, etc.) eh-i'm kinda iffy on this one as well. since fantasy places can't possibly be visited (as opposed to real earth locations) i'd say no too.

Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • image alithebride:
    image SBS0628:

i say no to water too.

Is Hogwarts a high school? no since in england they dont have high schools and it's a wizard school-starting at 7? end at 14? nope.

Does the 100 pg. minimum guideline still apply for the poetry book? yes i think so.

Do fictious coutries/places count as a place you'd like to visit? (i.e., Panem, Wonderland, Middle Earth, etc.) eh-i'm kinda iffy on this one as well. since fantasy places can't possibly be visited (as opposed to real earth locations) i'd say no too.

That's not true.  Hogwarts is 11 to 17 (I think most probably turn 18 during their final year).  So it is much more closely aligned with high school ages.  I can't argue with the "they don't have high school in england) but I think that is splitting hairs. 

imageimageimage
  • image amyb2332:
    image alithebride:
    image SBS0628:

i say no to water too.

That's not true.  Hogwarts is 11 to 17 (I think most probably turn 18 during their final year).  So it is much more closely aligned with high school ages.  I can't argue with the "they don't have high school in england) but I think that is splitting hairs. 

holy cow!! i had such a mind blink when i wrote 8 years old. LOL what the hell?

still-not a high school.

Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • image alithebride:
    image amyb2332:
    image alithebride:
    image SBS0628:

holy cow!! i had such a mind blink when i wrote 8 years old. LOL what the hell?

still-not a high school.

I would count HP for the high school book as long as it was one of the HP books that takes place mostly at Hogwarts during the characters' high-school age years.