Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*Faithita*

Hey love! 

How did you like A Game of Thrones? I'm about 80 pages from finishing and I really love it!

Are you going to read the rest of the series? This book took me so long to read that I'm debating jumping right into the next one, but I am so wrapped up in the story and characters right now. 

image image
          Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: *Faithita*

• Hi! I loved it too... I so wish that I had read the book prior to just finishing WMF because I felt like I was making unreasonable comparisons between the writing and that was silly.

That being said, I loved the characters, and totally want to read the rest of the series! I felt like it took me forever to read too, so I am taking a break for a minute. I did download the next one already though, so it is there whenever I get motivated to read another long book. The next book is even longer-- over 1000 pages!

Definitely looking forward to the HBO premier too. 

• image faithita:

Hi! I loved it too... I so wish that I had read the book prior to just finishing WMF because I felt like I was making unreasonable comparisons between the writing and that was silly.

That being said, I loved the characters, and totally want to read the rest of the series! I felt like it took me forever to read too, so I am taking a break for a minute. I did download the next one already though, so it is there whenever I get motivated to read another long book. The next book is even longer-- over 1000 pages!

This exactly. It's just completely different from TKKC - it's much grittier, but still wonderful in its own right. The stories are so interesting - part of why I love fantasy so much is that I'm always amazed at the completely new worlds that authors create in their minds and bring to life in paper - and Martin did a fantastic job with that. I was especially fascinated with the Dothraki - dude, NASTY, but sooo interesting. 

I think I need to take a break, too. Maybe I'll start it after the show starts - I am SO excited for it.

Have you seen the trailers? I think they did such a good job with casting. 

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image EliStar:
    image faithita:

Hi! I loved it too... I so wish that I had read the book prior to just finishing WMF because I felt like I was making unreasonable comparisons between the writing and that was silly.

This exactly. It's just completely different from TKKC - it's much grittier, but still wonderful in its own right. The stories are so interesting - part of why I love fantasy so much is that I'm always amazed at the completely new worlds that authors create in their minds and bring to life in paper - and Martin did a fantastic job with that. I was especially fascinated with the Dothraki - dude, NASTY, but sooo interesting. 

I think I need to take a break, too. Maybe I'll start it after the show starts - I am SO excited for it.

Have you seen the trailers? I think they did such a good job with casting. 

The Dothraki = fascinating. I can't wait for that whole mess in the show. And, yes on the trailers... winter is coming...

:)