June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Joys of potty-training...

Just had to share this funny story... So this morning DH brought Abby downstairs and she went on the potty.  He had taken all her clothes off cause she was wearing the footed jammies.  Well Abby pees on the potty and then gets off.  She decides to run around the house naked.  Well she stops in the kitchen, squats and looks under at herself and goes "drip water!"  I was like Abby get up! Well she moves closer to the door, squats and I was like "Abby are you peeing?!"  She was like, "I pee mommy! Look water on the floor!" I couldn't believe it!  She had just peed on the potty... I laughed at it and so did DH.  I go to dh "omg our kid is like the dog peeing on the floor!"  lol....  No more running around naked for her!

Re: Joys of potty-training...

• Fun! LOL

A couple of weeks ago, I was trying to get Taryn to sit on her potty without her diaper (she's iffy about it most days). I manage to get it off, but then she refuses to sit on her potty...and proceeds to pee all over the bathroom floor!

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2h4bxj9.jpg[/IMG]
  • image MrsG.060708:

Fun! LOL

A couple of weeks ago, I was trying to get Taryn to sit on her potty without her diaper (she's iffy about it most days). I manage to get it off, but then she refuses to sit on her potty...and proceeds to pee all over the bathroom floor!

Alex will sit on her potty for a long time, read a book, look at herself in the mirror, and do nothing potty-wise. Then she'll say "all done" run into the living room bare and pee almost as soon as she gets out there. Fun times

• Well, looking at the bright side, at least she is interested in what's going on! That has to be a good sign for potty training right?!?

I have a friend who's daughter is a climber and also has learned to take her own diaper off. Not a good combo. Most recently she climbed on top of their television with no diaper on and peed. At that moment I thought to myself- I will have to remind myself when Collin gets to that age and pees on the floor that it could always be worse! Big Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We were attempting potty training, but decided Kellen definitely isn't ready yet. We would sit him on the potty and he would just sit there, and sit there, and sit there some more without going to the bathroom. He would wait until he laid down or put a pull up on to go to the bathroom instead. He also would pee on the floor or whatever he was near once we took his underwear or pull up off, so for now we are back in diapers. We are going to attempt potty training again after he turns 2. But, he will instantly pee on anything if he is naked and running around. We don't let him run around naked very often either Stick out tongue