August 2009 Weddings

Married/Divorced/Separated/Babified/Working non stop - it ain't no thang

Earlier this week, when Sikes posted the question about how much longer we'd have the board, I got to thinking about it a lot this week (while I was at work, not posting).

We're not in the same places anymore. And, I actually think that makes us a stronger, wiser group than when we were all working towards a common goal (the wedding month of the century). I think it's the differences that make things really interesting.

We're not like other boards, waiting to pounce on the unhappiness of others. I don't want to speak for everyone, but I don't think any of us get a kick out of anyone else's pain, nor do we walk away in smug satisfaction, thinking that'll never be me, as I've seen done on many another board here.

Whether you're going through a rough patch or a great patch, we're here to support each other, you know? I don't want to lose anyone because they feel like they don't fit the mould anymore. We define the shape of this place, and I'd like to think it includes all of us regardless of the state of our marriages, whether we have babies or our job situations.

Re: Married/Divorced/Separated/Babified/Working non stop - it ain't no thang

• Well said! Ditto all this!
    Baby Officer

infertility and life blog

IVF June 2010 ER- 7/4/10 ET- 7/9/10 - 2 pretty embies u/s 8/10- TRIPLETS! 2 girls and a boy 11.7.2010 Born too soon at 20 weeks 5.23.11 Hysteroscopy revealed rigt side of uterus destroyed by adhesions. 6.3.11 Moving on to Domestic Adoption 6.10.11 0fficially waiting 6.18.11 matched 6.24.11 Myles born

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I can't tell you how great it was that even though I've been MIA posting for months, when I was stressed, I got so many words of encouragement.  I think that's the bonds of true friendship, internet or not.  We wouldn't tear our friends in real life apart, and we wouldn't do it to each other, either. 

Cheers, August Naughties! :) 

[IMG]

[IMG]
  • Hear hear!

Also, the board has been slower lately...but I think that is also natural.  Just like with friendships IRL, sometimes they are more active because schedules allow it--at least for me, I'll go through patches with friends where we talk almost daily, get together a lot, etc...then we get busy and will go a few weeks without much contact.  It doesn't have anything to do with the friendship itself, or mean the friendship is less valuable in any way, just that life gets busy...but we also know the friendship is still there when we need it and when we get the chance to come up for air...

image image
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Very well said Kaesha! I couldn't agree more!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • What a beautiful way you have with words Kaesha, I totally agree. As do I agree with blender. I am so happy I have been able to have a place where I can vent and people genuinely care about me. Thank you.

My Blog

My Ovulation Chart

Former TTA Buddies with MrsH&2010, EmiBird, and sammichele.
    Best of Luck TTC TheLuckyMrs

Started TTC 1/1/2012

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree completely, Kaesha.  It made me very sad to think the board would fade away just because we're not newlyweds anymore.  We're friends, and I like knowing you're all here.  Especially given recent events - there's a lot going on (good and bad) and I want to believe we can help each other through all of it.
    image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I couldn't agree more. I love that we genuinely support and are happy for each other and can also emphathise when things are less than ideal. Like blenderdance said, IRL friendships go through these patterns too but we always come around when life and time allows for it. I can't tell you how much I'm glad we all chose to get married in August 09.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I agree that I love the way you express your thoughts Kaesha. I couldn't have said it any better. I love this board and couldn't imagine not having the support of all of you over the past couple years. It still amazes me that internet friends are some of the most supportive. Hopefully we're still here for many more anniversaries, babies, ups downs and whatever else life may bring.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm glad it was said. I know I don't post much anymore, actually I don't think I was an overly big poster to begin with but I love seeing how much support every one has given one another over the past few years and would hate to see that fade away.
  • Very well said Kaesha. I think you hit the nail on the head. Back on the knot we were giddy and posting every 10 seconds about something we all had in common and of course the board was going to be more busy because we needed the opinions and advice of girls going through the same thing we were. But it was also easier because we were usually discussing happy things and we felt eager to share. Now with people being busy and also going through harder times it's to be expected that things will slow down a little as people are more cautious to admit problems. I know we always said August '09 was superior to other boards because we're full of rainbows and unicorns but just because some of our lives might not be so cheery doesn't mean the people on this board aren't! My life got busy after the wedding and then when things slowed down and I wanted to get back on here DH and I were having problems and I was afraid to. Noone shunned me for my hiatus and it's nice to know now that I would've been safe to confide in you girls and that you would've been supportive. This board isn't going anywhere!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

mom and me
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Extremely well said. I know there have been times when I've considered leaving--not because of external factors, really, but because I wasn't here during the wedding planning and I felt like I didn't fit the mold. I stayed on because I began to see how dynamic the board was, and I truly wanted to offer support for the good and not so good things that people are going through. I know I don't post a lot or put myself out there much (it's crazy, but I'm now more internet-shy than IRL-shy), but it's been helpful knowing that some people are going through similar things and seeing how they move forward. While there's honesty here, people also consider others' feelings.

Thanks for being a place where we can be ourselves and share our lives, 08/09. :)

• It's true. We are all so different right now, but we've always had each other in common since we were engaged.

Thanks for posting this Kaesha.. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agreed. I know I have been a bad Aug 09-er and barely get a chance to come on but you ladies still mean a bunch to me.

• Ditto everyone...couldn't have said it better myself.
    image image

BabyFruit Ticker

• Very well said Kaesha. I don't think this board will go away since we always have things to share with each other and we know we are always supportive to each other. I'm glad I chose to get married in 08/09. You ladies are just amazing women.

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone

• ditto what everyone else has said yes i am a horrible lurker and i don't post as much as I should but I love the friendship and love that you girls give.
  • I love this and this is exactly why I love you girls!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Couldn't have said it better.  I mentioned I feel a bit on the outskirts because of the time difference, but I keep coming back - there's no better group of ladies on the nest.

Now jumping domestically.

Well that was a crazy couple of years.

image image image

• You have a great way with words. I agree that our differences and changes are what make  us great.