Decorating & Renovating

SW Misty or SW North Star?

I've narrowed my paint swatches for my bedroom down to two colors...SW Misty & SW North Star.  I want a very light blue with a hint of gray.  I keep going back and forth between the two.  Decisions, decisions!

Has anyone used either of these colors and if you are familiar with them both which one do you prefer?  Thanks!

Re: SW Misty or SW North Star?

• I have only seen Misty online, but I have seen it look more blue than gray in a few instances.  I'm not familiar with North Star.  I would recommend buying sample cans of both and trying them out in your bedroom, because every color really can look so different depending on the space/lighting/etc.
  • BG09BG09
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments Name Dropper

image LauraMo:
    I have only seen Misty online, but I have seen it look more blue than gray in a few instances.  I'm not familiar with North Star.  I would recommend buying sample cans of both and trying them out in your bedroom, because every color really can look so different depending on the space/lighting/etc.

Thanks LauraMo :)  That would be perfect if it looks more blue than gray (that is how I was seeing it too, but wanted to get some opinions).  I don't want something that is too gray.  North Star definitely has more blue in it than Misty, but I worry that North Star might just be a little too blue for what I'm looking for.

• I have north star in our master bedroom. Not familiar with Misty so cant compare. I wanted more gray and actually was a bit disappointed when the blue started coming out in it. However, I have come to love it. I have it in the master bed and the master bath. The natural light in our master bedroom is one window and with its location not alot of peak sun hours. So that rooms shows more blue more often. The master bath has copious amounts of sun and looks more grey more often. 
  • We have misty in all our bedrooms. I have pictures back a year in my blog. Main address is www.guidicevt.blogspot.com. I'll go try to bring a more specific link for you...
  • http://guidicevt.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-house.html Here is the post with a montage when we first moved in...the pictures look dark to me but I'm on my phone so... Sorry I don't know how to make the link clickable...
  • We too are between those colors! We have both as samples on the wall and north star is a little more blue. Dh cant tell the difference if that says anything. Personally I think Im leaning towards northstar cause I want to get a spring bedspread with more blue to replace out winter grey bedspread. Both are great colors though!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • BG09BG09

image vtb2b806:
    http://guidicevt.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-house.html Here is the post with a montage when we first moved in...the pictures look dark to me but I'm on my phone so... Sorry I don't know how to make the link clickable...

Thanks so much for posting the link to this!  Your home is beautiful!!  I think you have helped me sway even further into the direction of choosing Misty.  From the looks of your rooms, it is exactly what I'm looking for!  Thanks again! :)

• BG09BG09

image viewfromheaven05:
    We too are between those colors! We have both as samples on the wall and north star is a little more blue. Dh cant tell the difference if that says anything. Personally I think Im leaning towards northstar cause I want to get a spring bedspread with more blue to replace out winter grey bedspread. Both are great colors though!

Yes, they are both awesome colors :)  I keep going back and forth, but I think I am probably going to go with Misty, but I do love both!  They are so similar that either way it probably wouldn't make much of a difference on which one that you end up using.  The North Star color would look really nice with springy type bedding!  Anyway, good luck with your choice!!  You will have to post when you decide which one you are going to use - oh and post pics!!  I'll post some pics in a few days hopefully :) 

• BG09BG09

image CladdaghGirl:
    I have north star in our master bedroom. Not familiar with Misty so cant compare. I wanted more gray and actually was a bit disappointed when the blue started coming out in it. However, I have come to love it. I have it in the master bed and the master bath. The natural light in our master bedroom is one window and with its location not alot of peak sun hours. So that rooms shows more blue more often. The master bath has copious amounts of sun and looks more grey more often. 

Thanks so much for your input!  Misty looks very close to North Star - although it's a little more muted (slightly more gray to it).  It's so hard to choose a color!  Sometimes I just wish someone would just choose one for me :)

• You are welcome.  And thanks for the compliments. I'll be posting some "one year anniversary" pictures hopefully this week so you can check out the look with furniture and stuff.  We still have a LONG way to do in decorating but we'll get there.
  • BG09BG09

I will be on the look out for your post!  I am always in search of some inspiration! ;)  Thanks