Gardening & Landscaping
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

midwesterners...are you getting anxious to get in the garden?

I am SO ready for all this snow to leave so I can get in there!! Last year we tore out a ton of day lilies, and planted a bunch of perineals. I'm excited to see what survived my mediocre gardening skills. Really crossing my fingers that the forsythia bush I put in in late summer lived and blooms this spring!

Re: midwesterners...are you getting anxious to get in the garden?

• Can I have the day lilies?

I'm anxious for sure.

Everything melted here, and all my flowers were coming up. The crocuses and the daffodils were blooming, but it's supposed to snow again this weekend. I'm horrified by that.

• I'm dying to--and it's supposed to snow here today!

My favorite cheap nursery opens next Friday, and I'm going to be there, even if I have to keep moving my plants in and out for a couple of weeks after.

• we STILL have a ton of snow on the ground, and it's 35 degrees out :( starting to think that spring may never come!
  • I really want to get outside and do some yard clean up.  I have it scheduled for tomorrow, but I think I will put it off for a week.  It will be in the low 30s tomorrow and is supposed to be more like mid-40s next weekend.  I bought some perennial bulbs this week that can go in the ground in  April, so I'm chomping at the bit to get those in the ground.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I've been ready for a month. Our weather has been alternating between highs in the 70-80 degree range and highs of less than 30 degrees. The nice warm days really mess with my mind!
    image image