Money Matters

If I cancel comcast...can I keep my email address?

Also.....who's the cheapest internet provider if I only want internet?

We have comcast right now and are very happy with the service but it is crazy expensive and I can't get them to lower my bill.  I've spent hours on the phone with them.  I just want to cancel and use a new provider but don't want to change my email address.  Is that possible?

Thank you!

Re: If I cancel comcast...can I keep my email address?

• If you have comcast email you will have to change your email address. If you have like a gmail or yahoo account you will not have to change your address.?
  • yuck...that's what I thought.  I have a comcast email.  I'm just too lazy to change it and email it to everyone.  I'm sure it will be worth the $ I'm saving though.

Thanks.

• If you call comcast and say you want to cancel your service, they will give you promotional pricing. I just did it this morning and saved us $20 a month. If they call your "bluff" then you really were planning on canceling anyway and it wont be a big deal. Or you can ask them for their "Economy" internet. I just got the pricing list for them and economy internet, while slower, is about $40 a month without other comcast services. Try either one out.
  • We cancelled when we moved (switched to Verizon FIOS).  You can arrange for your mail to be forwarded to your new address (I did a gmail one) while you notify anyone.  They were unclear how long it would forward...they said "at least 15 days" but it's been a month and a half and it's still forwarding...
  • I had comcast and when DH and I moved we had to change provides.  My old email adress with comcast still works and it's been 6 months already.  I changed everything over to gmail but still have access to my comcast mail.