Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

If I cancel comcast...can I keep my email address?

Also.....who's the cheapest internet provider if I only want internet?

We have comcast right now and are very happy with the service but it is crazy expensive and I can't get them to lower my bill.  I've spent hours on the phone with them.  I just want to cancel and use a new provider but don't want to change my email address.  Is that possible?

Thank you!

Re: If I cancel comcast...can I keep my email address?

• If you have comcast email you will have to change your email address. If you have like a gmail or yahoo account you will not have to change your address.?
  • yuck...that's what I thought.  I have a comcast email.  I'm just too lazy to change it and email it to everyone.  I'm sure it will be worth the $ I'm saving though.

• If you call comcast and say you want to cancel your service, they will give you promotional pricing. I just did it this morning and saved us $20 a month. If they call your "bluff" then you really were planning on canceling anyway and it wont be a big deal. Or you can ask them for their "Economy" internet. I just got the pricing list for them and economy internet, while slower, is about $40 a month without other comcast services. Try either one out.
  • We cancelled when we moved (switched to Verizon FIOS).  You can arrange for your mail to be forwarded to your new address (I did a gmail one) while you notify anyone.  They were unclear how long it would forward...they said "at least 15 days" but it's been a month and a half and it's still forwarding...
  • I had comcast and when DH and I moved we had to change provides.  My old email adress with comcast still works and it's been 6 months already.  I changed everything over to gmail but still have access to my comcast mail.