Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Babysitter cost? AND realtor rec?

1ht 

I am having my brother's gf become our babysitter, or at least while they are together (haha)! She hasn't asked for money or rate yet. I figured she'd do it for free, but I rather pay her. But I have no clue what to pay! She works at a daycare and gets $8/hr. I have a 14 wk old who goes to bed around 9-10 right now, although we are trying to make it 8pm. If we have her stay past, say, 11pm, should I increase the rate?

We are thinking about buying a home in Moore/Norman area in 5 months possibly, so need a rec for a Realtor please! 

Re: Babysitter cost? AND realtor rec?

• Realtor--Lisa Mollman, hands down.  She sold our house in Moore and I LOVED her.  She also helped us buy our lot two summers ago.

As far as rates, I would probably pay $8/hr since that's what she gets at her job.  If you stay out particularly late, I would tip her as you see fit.   We currently pay all CPR certified babysitters with experience $10/hr, and I think that is more than fair.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm no help in the realtor department, but for babysitting I would say $10/hour would be fine.
  • I was thinking $10 an hour too
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • If you are going to buy a house in Norman I would recommend someone from the Dillard Group.
  • The babysitter cost sounds about right...especially if you're staying out late and they have CPR.  We haven't had a sitter in a long time, but we usually order them pizza or some dinner too. 

Realtor -- my MIL works at Prudential Alliance Real Estate at (405) 733-2871.  Her name is Nancy. 

Good Luck!

Brooke

5/30/07 -- c/s for malpresentation

April 2011 -- planning a VBAC! 

• I agree with $10 an hour.  Seems to be about the going rate.  :)