Decorating & Renovating

Adding fabric to lengthen curtains.

Ok, I recently got Ikea super long curtains and I hung the rods up nice and high.  I completely love the look and now am a woman obsessed. 

I want this look for my DR, but problem is I really like the curtains I already have in there.  I just want them to be longer. 

So I'm thinking of adding a complementary cool fabric to either the top or to be bottom the lengthen them.

WIll this look stupid?  ANyone alredy done this?  Tips?

(I'm not particularly handy with a sewing machine Crying )

One beautiful toddler and one beautiful baby.

Re: Adding fabric to lengthen curtains.

• No, it won't look stupid. And you don't have to use a sewing machine, use steam-a-seam.

• I really like the look.  Adding the fabric to the bottom will be considerably easier than adding it to the top. 
    Jack

Blog!
  • image lasharp:
    I really like the look.  Adding the fabric to the bottom will be considerably easier than adding it to the top. 

Definitely add to the bottom.  Post pictures when you're finished!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,

I'll like you for always.

As long as I'm living,

my baby you'll be."
  • I'm going to be doing this too. Except... my sailcloth curtains shrunk when I steam washed them to reduce the wrinkles. That's why I have to add more fabric.  lol!

Just try to add a fabric that is similar weight to the original or it might look funny. I'm also using hem tape to do it. Easy peasy.  :) 

Nobody said life would be easy. Just that it would be worth it.

image image
    My cooking blog: Pickle Mom's Kitchen
  • Thank you ladies...you have boosted my confidence!  I'm going to give this a try!
    One beautiful toddler and one beautiful baby.
  • If you can sew a straight line, you can sew fabric onto the curtain.  Otherwise, hemtape will work fine.  I think it would be really pretty.