Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good Karma is coming my way

I went to the mall today to replenish some of the cosmetics I was out of and I went to Sephora and got three items (NARS Laguna Bronzer, Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Pads and Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder.)  So I pay and I leave and go to some other stores...and then I look at my bill and realize it was only like $60...and I see the girl forgot to ring up my $33 bronzer.

When I came back to pay for it, she was stunned. Like stunned that I had come back and thanked me profusely.

I would think that most people would go back, right?  I mean that's a lot of money, even if it was her fault.

would you have gone back? she seemed surprised.

My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com

Re: Good Karma is coming my way

• I would have gone back. Many many people would not. 

I walked out of Nordstrom with a $300 pair of shoes in my baby stroller and never paid for them (and did not see them in the basket when I folded it up when we got to the car).  I called the store when I got home to give them my credit card number.  The manger I spoke with was flabbergasted that I called to pay for them.  I guess retailers are used to stealing and less than honest behavior.

How often do you buy makeup?  Do you bored with colors or just use it up?

ETA:  this came off as sort of braggy- that was not my intention I would just be fraught with guilt if I did not take them back or pay for them....its not like it was gum!  Or a banana!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image rottimom:

How often do you buy makeup?  Do you bored with colors or just use it up?

I was just replacing makeup and products I had used up. I don't buy new products that often (though the LM powder is a new one for me).  I only buy makeup when i'm out of something or after researching and reading reviews about a product that i don't have.  

• I love that feeling of "i've done good, something good is coming my way..."

I was at the Banana Republic outlet last weekend and my coupon was for 20% off if you spend $75. We didn't spend enough, so the couple in front of us in line rang up to over $200 so I gave them the coupon....they were shocked and SO appreciative...

I felt good:) 

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Stellasmom:

You're an angel!

halo

Snatch!

• Maybe you'll get a free pita!

I got a free falafel the other day and thought of you. True story.

• Let me know how you like the LM brightening powder.  I'm in the market for something new... I had an illuminating lotion I got at Sephora a couple years ago (don't remember the brand, and the writing has worn off the bottle) and I liked it okay, but didn't love it enough to spend $30 on it again. I just want something to help brighten my skin and give me a nice glow.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image jenbabe3:
    Let me know how you like the LM brightening powder.  I'm in the market for something new... I had an illuminating lotion I got at Sephora a couple years ago (don't remember the brand, and the writing has worn off the bottle) and I liked it okay, but didn't love it enough to spend $30 on it again. I just want something to help brighten my skin and give me a nice glow.

giuliana rancic recommended it on her blog and her skin always looks really good so I got it :) will let ya know!

• I probably wouldn't have.