Married Life

Good Karma is coming my way

I went to the mall today to replenish some of the cosmetics I was out of and I went to Sephora and got three items (NARS Laguna Bronzer, Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Pads and Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder.)  So I pay and I leave and go to some other stores...and then I look at my bill and realize it was only like $60...and I see the girl forgot to ring up my $33 bronzer.

When I came back to pay for it, she was stunned. Like stunned that I had come back and thanked me profusely.

I would think that most people would go back, right?  I mean that's a lot of money, even if it was her fault.

would you have gone back? she seemed surprised.

My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com

Re: Good Karma is coming my way

• I would have gone back. Many many people would not. 

I walked out of Nordstrom with a $300 pair of shoes in my baby stroller and never paid for them (and did not see them in the basket when I folded it up when we got to the car).  I called the store when I got home to give them my credit card number.  The manger I spoke with was flabbergasted that I called to pay for them.  I guess retailers are used to stealing and less than honest behavior.

How often do you buy makeup?  Do you bored with colors or just use it up?

ETA:  this came off as sort of braggy- that was not my intention I would just be fraught with guilt if I did not take them back or pay for them....its not like it was gum!  Or a banana!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image rottimom:

How often do you buy makeup?  Do you bored with colors or just use it up?

I was just replacing makeup and products I had used up. I don't buy new products that often (though the LM powder is a new one for me).  I only buy makeup when i'm out of something or after researching and reading reviews about a product that i don't have.  

• I love that feeling of "i've done good, something good is coming my way..."

I was at the Banana Republic outlet last weekend and my coupon was for 20% off if you spend $75. We didn't spend enough, so the couple in front of us in line rang up to over $200 so I gave them the coupon....they were shocked and SO appreciative...

I felt good:) 

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe you'll get a free pita!

I got a free falafel the other day and thought of you. True story.

• Let me know how you like the LM brightening powder.  I'm in the market for something new... I had an illuminating lotion I got at Sephora a couple years ago (don't remember the brand, and the writing has worn off the bottle) and I liked it okay, but didn't love it enough to spend $30 on it again. I just want something to help brighten my skin and give me a nice glow.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image jenbabe3:
    Let me know how you like the LM brightening powder.  I'm in the market for something new... I had an illuminating lotion I got at Sephora a couple years ago (don't remember the brand, and the writing has worn off the bottle) and I liked it okay, but didn't love it enough to spend $30 on it again. I just want something to help brighten my skin and give me a nice glow.

giuliana rancic recommended it on her blog and her skin always looks really good so I got it :) will let ya know!

• I probably wouldn't have.