Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Odd request/Poll

I'm going to Pittsburgh, PA at the end of next month to watch my cousin play some baseball - he's the 1st baseman at Pitt. Some of the girls in my family went last year - I did not. Anyhow, apparently when the players get up to bat, they play a song over the PA that is 'their' song until their first pitch is thrown (each player has his own). I got an email this morning from the trip planner that said each of us girls are to come up with a song that is our own (it's supposed to reflect our taste, personality, or desires) so she can put it on her iPod and play at random times (in the rooms, at the game, at dinner, whatever). I think it's hilarious and will be even more hilarious when you throw the small group of girls I'm going with into the mix. My problem is that my music taste is pretty limited... at it's mostly country. It's not because I don't like other types of music, but just because country is my go-to. I would realllly like to find a fun, kickass song to be mine. I could really use some help/suggestions!

So far, the only possibilities I've come up with are: Miranda Lambert's 'That's The Way The World Goes 'Round', Saving Jane's 'Imperfection', and Uncle Cracker's 'Damn, It Feels Good To Be Me'. And, I'm not even sure how those rate on my 'Lame Meter'.

SOOO, (here's the poll part) if you had to pick a song that reflected your personality, taste, or your desires what would it be? And, of course, I wouldn't mind some suggestions to go along with it!

"Always have faith in God, yourself, and the Cowboys...'-Eddie Sutton

Re: Odd request/Poll

• I had a "walk-out song" when I played softball in college... Mine was Maroon 5 "Not Coming Home" because they only ended up playing the first 15-30 seconds of the song and it began with people cheering and a good beat.  haha  My sister is a senior at Missouri State.. she's done rock in the past, but I think she went with country this year... PS. She's pretty much a BA.  :)

I think the songs you have so far are good choices though... Sounds like a lot of fun, you'll have to let us know what you decide on!  :) 

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no greater commandment than these." - Mark 12:30-31 studiowestway.com facebook.com/studiowestway
  • The first artists that come to my mind are Miranda Lambert and Brooks & Dunn. I think you have some good ideas so far :)
  • I wouldn't say these would necessarily reflect me, but they're songs with a good beat and I think would be crowd pleasers.

Sin Wagon - Dixie Chicks

All The Single Ladies - Beyonce

Highway to Hell - AC/DC

California Love - Tupac (old school, everyone would know it)

Gin and Juice - The Gourds (country version, it's hilarious)

Cheater, Cheater - Joey & Rory

Rasberry Beret - Prince

Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus

Ok, I think I've proved my strange taste in music, I'm done now!