Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The Best of You Poll

I've noticed that some of my awesome female friends are reluctant to brag about themselves enough. So, let's do it here. The rule: no qualifiers (like, "well, I really suck at XYZ, but I suppose I'm ok at ABC...")

1. What's your best quality as a friend?

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner?

3. What's your best quality as an employee?

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt?

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)?

Re: The Best of You Poll

• image amanjay:

1. What's your best quality as a friend? I'm good at seeing things from multiple perspectives, so I can understand her point of view

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I have a good sense of humor. I think a shared sense of humor can get a couple through a lot of challenging times.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I'm REALLY well organized. That means I get everything I need to get done (and more) ahead of schedule. While I think that's a given, it really seems to impress bosses.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I think I have a fun spirit. I sing to the dog while washing him. I joke with my students about challenging subjects. I think this trait would serve me well as a parent/aunt.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? Normally, I'd say my eyes (hence the qualifier) but hands down, my boobs. I have a great rack for my other proportions. I also like my big nose. I used to hate it, but now it's the physical feature that most marks me as a member of my family.

• 1. What's your best quality as a friend? I'm always there to listen

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? Like PP, my humor.  My man loves my sense of humor.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? My ability to do things quickly and correctly.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? This sounds so lame, but I think I will be really good at teaching my kids different things.  Like I could turn anything into a fun, but educational experience.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? I guess my booty.  It's small, but has a nice bump to it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. What's your best quality as a friend? Sense of humor and selflessness.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I respect my husband and try to show him that in the way I act around him... that and I put out.  ;)

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I am super type-A and self-motivated.  My day job is very competitive- I take great pride in the quality of my work and "hitting high numbers." That and I'm very relatable so clients and colleagues find me easy to talk to.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I am extremely affectionate and nurturing... I try to find engaging, stimulating activities for us to do- plus, I give much needed structure.  (Only as an aunt right now...)

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? Um.... DH likes my legs and butt.  Once upon a time, my chesticles were quite the crowd pleaser... ;)  They're pretty much MIA at this point in my life though... Sad face.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no greater commandment than these." - Mark 12:30-31 studiowestway.com facebook.com/studiowestway
  • 1. What's your best quality as a friend?  I am extremely empathetic.  It is almost automatic for me to try imagining myself in someone else's shoes, which I think makes me good at listening to friends' problems because I really try to see where they are coming from and not judge them.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I don't know if I would say this for every romantic relationship I've been in, but in the best ones (including my marriage), I would say my intellect.  I know it is what attracted H to me in the first place, and I think being able to engage and stimulate each other intellectually is an important part of our relationship.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? Attention to detail.  I am good at catching all of the little things and making sure nothing falls through the cracks.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I am very easy-going about letting my kids be who they are and make a lot of decisions about how things go in their world (within reasonable limits, of course).  I hope this will help them to grow up and be very secure and confident in who they are and allow them to follow their own path in life instead of ever feeling like they have to live up to my ideas of what they should do or be.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)?  I really can't  think of a stand-out feature.  I like the shape of my body generally, though - I think I have a fairly small waist but I still have nice hips, which I think gives me a pleasing (to H anyway) shape.

I have to admit that 1 and 3 were easy, but the other ones were really hard for me and I had to enlist help from H and DD on 2 and 4. 

• image critti710:

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)?  I really can't  think of a stand-out feature.  I like the shape of my body generally, though - I think I have a fairly small waist but I still have nice hips, which I think gives me a pleasing (to H anyway) shape.

You also have a GORGEOUS neck! I know that sounds like a weird compliment, but you have such a nice figure and neck that you can pull off any outfit/jewelry/haircut you want. I'm jealous! It's very regal.

• And I LOVE JLimberg's "...and I put out" comment :) That's had me laughing for the last 5 minutes! You would totally win "Mrs. Refreshing Honesty" in my fictional pagent.
  • image amanjay:
    image critti710:

You also have a GORGEOUS neck! I know that sounds like a weird compliment, but you have such a nice figure and neck that you can pull off any outfit/jewelry/haircut you want. I'm jealous! It's very regal.

Aw, thanks! =)  I think I never think of my long neck as being a good feature because the boys on the bus used to tease me about it and call me giraffe when I was in middle school.  Maybe I am still emotionally scarred. ;-)

I know it was specifically excluded from the poll, but I was just thinking when I was watching your interviews that you have really great hair.  I wish I could grow mine past shoulder length without it becoming scraggly and stringy.

• image critti710:
    image amanjay:
    image critti710:

Aw, thanks! =)  I think I never think of my long neck as being a good feature because the boys on the bus used to tease me about it and call me giraffe when I was in middle school.  Maybe I am still emotionally scarred. ;-)

I know it was specifically excluded from the poll, but I was just thinking when I was watching your interviews that you have really great hair.  I wish I could grow mine past shoulder length without it becoming scraggly and stringy.

You're so sweet! But you want to know what's funny? My aunt, who is the only person who has done my hair for YEARS saw the interviews tonight. She hasn't seen me to cut my hair since Oct. '09 and she told me how badly I needed a hair cut/style and that it was starting to look trashy. I totally agree (we have the kind of relationship that we can be honest about stuff like clothes and makeup.) I'm scheduling an appointment tomorrow for a cut and color.

It's amazing how differently other people see us than we see ourselves. It reminds me of that woman who felt totally at ease rocking the zebra print dress on the dance floor last night. We all need to be a whole lot nicer to ourselves sometimes.

• 1. What's your best quality as a friend? I'll have your back in any situation. I can't begin to recount all the times I've bailed friends out of crazy ish. I always take care of my friends, especially when they need me.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? Probably my intellect. H appreciates it [even though my common sense isn't nearly as crisp as my intellect]. My love of sports comes after that.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I'm dedicated. I try very hard not to slack on the job and try to keep up with everything. I never pass the buck to someone else simply because I don't want to do something.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I'm not quite sure about this one...I think it's that I learned from the semi-strick family I grew up in and am being more lax about things [or trying to be]. During JJ's first year or so, I freaked out about everything. Now, I'm more laid back about things. I just want him to grow into the boy/man HE wants to be, not the boy/man I tell him he needs to be.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? My butt. It looks damn good in a pair of jeans.

[url=http://charmedkindoflife.blogspot.com/].:.Charmed Kind of Life [2.17.13].:.[/url]
  • 1. What's your best quality as a friend? I'm good at giving impartial advice, I don't let myself be sucked into drama, and I'm very good at using the resources available to fix problems.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I'm not clingy/needy and am comfortable with allowing my spouse to have plenty of space, since I like my space, too.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I'm diligent and punctual.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? The older I get, the better I am getting at calming myself down before dealing with a problem. I've seen the difference in how I treat my students. I never deal with anything when angry.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? My hands. I would say that first, anyway. They are just like my dad's but at the same time, are very unique. They aren't dainty girl hands.

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/pltollison/raptor.jpg[/IMG]
  • 1. What's your best quality as a friend? I'm honest and straightforward, so I'm good at giving impartial, unbiased advice, but in a gentle manner.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I think this relates back to the above question--I approach situations head-on, ready to communicate and listen.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I don't get dragged down into the negative "group think" of work environments.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I am fiercely protective and nurturing.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? I'm happy with the body I was given. I'm a petite pear shape, and I enjoy having hips and a butt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. What's your best quality as a friend?  Hmm. I'd say I'm pretty rational and am usually able to look at all angles of a situation. But I've found that sometimes this makes people angry, and I'm learning that I need to not have friends who just want me to tell them what they want to hear - I'm not their girl.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? Probably that same thing. I know H very much values that quality. 

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I'm responsible and conscientious. 

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? Honest to pete, I don't have a clue. I don't think I'll be a parent, but if I were to become an aunt, I'd do my very best to be a great addition to the child's life. 

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)?  I've got pretty broad shoulders (especially when I remember to stand up straight - posture, bluekid!) and I've always kind of liked those. They seem strong to me.  

• 1. What's your best quality as a friend? I'm extremely empathetic. And, I give great advice, no matter what the situation. Even when I've never been in 'said' situation before.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I'm thoughtful.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I have fantastic people skills.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I have lots of love to give.*

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? I have cute feet.

*This one was extremely hard for me to answer. I didn't really know what to put, but I know that I'll be really great at it.

"Always have faith in God, yourself, and the Cowboys...'-Eddie Sutton

• 1. What's your best quality as a friend?  I'm a good listener and I'm very loyal.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner?  My communication skills and sense of humor.  And my sex drive, DH enjoys that quality. 

3. What's your best quality as an employee?  Organization skills and that I love what I do and want to do the best job possible.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? Hmmm....sense of humor and I'm very loving/nurturing.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)?  My boobs.  

• 1. What's your best quality as a friend? You can't shock me, and I am supportive/encouraging/there no matter how big or bad the situation may be.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I'm head over heels in love, and I show it.  So does he.  Can my compatibility be my answer?  I kind of sucked hardcore at every other relationship I've ever had.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I'm efficient, can keep up with a fast paced environment, and usually move up quickly.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? My patience.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? My ass.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. What's your best quality as a friend? I'm a good listener...not much of a talker though, which works out well with some of my friends who love to talk!

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? trustworthy, always there for him

3. What's your best quality as an employee? Versatility. I'm willing to take on many types of tasks, not just ones that fall within my main job function/skill set.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? sense of humor, not afraid to embarrass myself by acting like I'm 2.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? my legs

image image
  • 1. What's your best quality as a friend? I always imagine myself in a person's shoes. I also don't assume what I *think* is best, I try to be empathetic.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I always consider his needs. 

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I work hard. I go beyond the call of duty.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I don't try to be their parent, nor their friend. I listen and never judge

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? My smile... I don't know... I also have nice skin.

Vacation
  • 1. What's your best quality as a friend? I am very loyal

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? C gets about everytime he wants it Big Smile

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I get my job done on time and to the best of my abilities

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I am an aunt and I would have to say I have been very involved in my nephews activities rather it be sports, or school stuff I am usually there. When my nephew was in a headstart program I got the volunteering award (which usually goes to a parent) because I helped with everything. I also worked for the Community Action Agency that was over the Head Start so my boss was very flexible and let me go to anything I wanted.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? Probably my bewbs or that is what C says. Wink

Shop my ThirtyOne Site anytime 24/7 www.mythirtyone.com/116821
  • image prettygirl06:

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? My smile... I don't know... I also have nice skin.

I would definitely agree  - you really *DO* have a gorgeous smile and beautiful skin! 

• I've noticed that some of my awesome female friends are reluctant to brag about themselves enough. So, let's do it here. The rule: no qualifiers (like, "well, I really suck at XYZ, but I suppose I'm ok at ABC...")

1. What's your best quality as a friend? I listen plus I don't judge. I know everyone shares different opinions so I respect them if they have an opinion that differs from mine.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I am very affectionate and very open to sharing my opinions. My H knows that I love him so much that I trust him to know exactly what I am thinking.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I keep my personal and professional life seperate. Which is really hard because I do work with my H. But we are able to keep it professional.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? As a parent I am very patient although at times it is very difficult. I am very slow to anger and that helps level at H who can get annoyed pretty quickly.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? Since eyes and hair are my go to I find this question very difficult. I would probably say my skin.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • 1. What's your best quality as a friend? I am honest and loyal

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I'm easy-going about most things.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I'm a quick learner and like to accomplish things on my own.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I think I'm good at showing kids that there's more than one way to do things and that they should think of other options before deciding something can't be done.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? probably my butt

• image critti710:

image prettygirl06:

I would definitely agree  - you really *DO* have a gorgeous smile and beautiful skin! 

Thanks Critti, and I must agree with Amanjay... your neck is absolutely gorgeous! 

Vacation
  • image prettygirl06:
    image critti710:

image prettygirl06:

Thanks Critti, and I must agree with Amanjay... your neck is absolutely gorgeous! 

Thanks!  I also wanted to tell you that I having been loving the Dwight Shrute quotes in your siggy. 

• image critti710:
    image prettygirl06:
    image critti710:

image prettygirl06:

Thanks!  I also wanted to tell you that I having been loving the Dwight Shrute quotes in your siggy. 

I absolutely love Dwight Shrute!  

Vacation
  • 1. What's your best quality as a friend? I'm fiercely loyal to my friends. If you mess with them, you get to mess with me, too.

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? I'm very flirty. Even in long-term relationships, I think it's important to flirt.

3. What's your best quality as an employee? I pretty much constantly think about how we can improve what we are doing. I don't mind change, I actually really embrace it as an opportunity to do better.

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I think I tend to take kids seriously, as in, I listen to what they say, and respond like I would to an adult, but also in kid's terms. I have no idea if that makes any sense. In case it doesn't, I'm also am really good at reading bed time stories.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? I have a nice ass and smile, and oddly, I think I have cute ears.

• image amanjay:

1. What's your best quality as a friend? Non-judgemental

2. What's your best quality as a romantic partner? Honesty

3. What's your best quality as an employee? Loyalty

4. What's your best quality as a (potential) parent/aunt? I guess we if changed our minds and decided to have kids, I'd be best at teaching my kids to be open-minded.

5. What's your best physical feature BESIDES your eyes or hair (many women seem to say those two things.)? Smile

Celebrity Valentine:
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/hrj0qe.jpg[/IMG]