Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Not only did my hairdresser cancel last weekend...

and a couple other times this past year, but the salon just called asking if I could come in at 3pm instead of 5:30pm tomorrow for my RESCHEDULED appointment.

I asked if she could still do my hair at 5:30 as we had scheduled and then they proceeded to place me on hold for over 5 minutes before coming back to say, "well I guess that will work out..."

URGH Tongue Tied

Re: Not only did my hairdresser cancel last weekend...

• I can't believe you're still giving them your business.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • I'd find a new hairdresser. And call this hair dresser at 5:20pm tomorrow to cancel on her. Ok, I would not really do that, but it's mighty tempting.

Most great white bearopus attacks occur in only 4 inches of water.
  • Oh I am getting a new hairdresser (I posted about it last weekend). I REALLY need my haircut, so I'm going tomorrow and then never going back...I am considering talking to the salon manager too, but I'm much too passive aggressive for that.
  • I'd be so pissed that I wouldn't show up.
  • do we have the same hairdresser?  mine constantly moves appointment times and occasionally cancels.  if she wasn't so awesome at cutting my hair, i would totally find someone else, but it's really hard to find someone that can cut curly hair so well.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image *wicket*:
    I'd be so pissed that I wouldn't show up.

Yep.  And if she called I would tell her I didn't think she gave a damn.

From the great mind of Violet_McPurpleson:
  • My salon no longer does Saturday hours so they have extended hours during the week.  I work an hour from home so the earliest I can be at the salon is 5:45.  Two times now they have called to see if I can come in earliar. I don't think they are doing it so they can leave earliar, I really think it's because she had a cancellation. I can't seem to get it through to them I really can't ever get there any ealiar.  Oh, and my girl doesn't work on Monday or Friday. 

• image grounhogswifey:

My salon no longer does Saturday hours so they have extended hours during the week.  I work an hour from home so the earliest I can be at the salon is 5:45.  Two times now they have called to see if I can come in earliar. I don't think they are doing it so they can leave earliar, I really think it's because she had a cancellation. I can't seem to get it through to them I really can't ever get there any ealiar.  Oh, and my girl doesn't work on Monday or Friday. 

Time to break up. Seriously.
  • I wouldn't feel the least bit bad saying "nope, I can't" to a 3 pm move from a 5:30 pm appointment. At my office, that's the difference between leaving early verses after quitting time. Some people don't punch a clock, so it's not a big deal to ASK but it's hardly some kind of imposition to get my business.

I would also NOT hesitate to complain to the owner that I was kept on hold for 5 minutes to confirm my appointment and then got a lackluster "I guess" as an answer. I would definately say that was rude, a waste of my time and poor customer service. Since its not a reflection on my hairdresser, who is awesome, I wouldn't mind criticizing the idiot making the call.

And as a side note - my dad uses a hairdresser at a nice salon for his haircuts. He is VERY loyal and very consistent with his appointments. He considers them etched in stone. She's the owner and I've used her occassionally when I am in town. She's told me that she has to call him personally whenever a change needs to be made because my dad takes it so badly.

My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.