Money Matters

Not only did my hairdresser cancel last weekend...

and a couple other times this past year, but the salon just called asking if I could come in at 3pm instead of 5:30pm tomorrow for my RESCHEDULED appointment.

I asked if she could still do my hair at 5:30 as we had scheduled and then they proceeded to place me on hold for over 5 minutes before coming back to say, "well I guess that will work out..."

URGH Tongue Tied

Re: Not only did my hairdresser cancel last weekend...

• I can't believe you're still giving them your business.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • I'd find a new hairdresser. And call this hair dresser at 5:20pm tomorrow to cancel on her. Ok, I would not really do that, but it's mighty tempting.

Most great white bearopus attacks occur in only 4 inches of water.
  • Oh I am getting a new hairdresser (I posted about it last weekend). I REALLY need my haircut, so I'm going tomorrow and then never going back...I am considering talking to the salon manager too, but I'm much too passive aggressive for that.
  • I'd be so pissed that I wouldn't show up.
  • do we have the same hairdresser?  mine constantly moves appointment times and occasionally cancels.  if she wasn't so awesome at cutting my hair, i would totally find someone else, but it's really hard to find someone that can cut curly hair so well.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image *wicket*:
    I'd be so pissed that I wouldn't show up.

Yep.  And if she called I would tell her I didn't think she gave a damn.

From the great mind of Violet_McPurpleson:
  • My salon no longer does Saturday hours so they have extended hours during the week.  I work an hour from home so the earliest I can be at the salon is 5:45.  Two times now they have called to see if I can come in earliar. I don't think they are doing it so they can leave earliar, I really think it's because she had a cancellation. I can't seem to get it through to them I really can't ever get there any ealiar.  Oh, and my girl doesn't work on Monday or Friday. 

• image grounhogswifey:

My salon no longer does Saturday hours so they have extended hours during the week.  I work an hour from home so the earliest I can be at the salon is 5:45.  Two times now they have called to see if I can come in earliar. I don't think they are doing it so they can leave earliar, I really think it's because she had a cancellation. I can't seem to get it through to them I really can't ever get there any ealiar.  Oh, and my girl doesn't work on Monday or Friday. 

Time to break up. Seriously.
  • I wouldn't feel the least bit bad saying "nope, I can't" to a 3 pm move from a 5:30 pm appointment. At my office, that's the difference between leaving early verses after quitting time. Some people don't punch a clock, so it's not a big deal to ASK but it's hardly some kind of imposition to get my business.

I would also NOT hesitate to complain to the owner that I was kept on hold for 5 minutes to confirm my appointment and then got a lackluster "I guess" as an answer. I would definately say that was rude, a waste of my time and poor customer service. Since its not a reflection on my hairdresser, who is awesome, I wouldn't mind criticizing the idiot making the call.

And as a side note - my dad uses a hairdresser at a nice salon for his haircuts. He is VERY loyal and very consistent with his appointments. He considers them etched in stone. She's the owner and I've used her occassionally when I am in town. She's told me that she has to call him personally whenever a change needs to be made because my dad takes it so badly.

My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.