Decorating & Renovating
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Largest selection of spray paint?

I know this is a random question, but I need some spray paint and would like to choose from the largest variety available. Where would I find the best selection? HD/Lowes, HL/Michael's, something else I'm not thinking of?
Thanks!
Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey

Re: Largest selection of spray paint?

• HD had a surprisingly broad selection when I was there last week: peacock blue, magenta, metals...
  • Home Depot and Lowes both have quite a few colors, but they don't necessarily have the same color.   I was looking for a dark plum, and Home Depot didn't have it but Lowes did.  Different brand, but the right color.

Our Michael's doesn't have a very good selection.

• Last time I went to Lowes I was unimpressed with what they had.  Then when we were across the street at HD, I forgot to look!

Also Lowes seems to be all valspar spraypaint which I haven't had the best luck with, a black can pretty much exploded in my hand one time, yuck!

• image SSM&JLM:

Also Lowes seems to be all valspar spraypaint which I haven't had the best luck with, a black can pretty much exploded in my hand one time, yuck!

Valspar is not my favorite, but I've actually had pretty good results so I shouldn't complain.  At least they had the color that I was looking for.

I don't know if they still do, but Walmart used to have a surprisingly good selection of spray paint.

• image TheBridesMom:

Home Depot and Lowes both have quite a few colors, but they don't necessarily have the same color.   I was looking for a dark plum, and Home Depot didn't have it but Lowes did.  Different brand, but the right color.

Quick question: was it actually a "true to color" plum when you used it? I want to do some plum accents in my kitchen and have some things that I think I could spray paint to make work in the decor but I am nervous that it will look BRIGHT purple.

Also, was it Valspar brand that you used in the plum?

• image Carmeltopher:
    image TheBridesMom:

Home Depot and Lowes both have quite a few colors, but they don't necessarily have the same color.   I was looking for a dark plum, and Home Depot didn't have it but Lowes did.  Different brand, but the right color.

Quick question: was it actually a "true to color" plum when you used it? I want to do some plum accents in my kitchen and have some things that I think I could spray paint to make work in the decor but I am nervous that it will look BRIGHT purple.

Also, was it Valspar brand that you used in the plum?

It isn't a true plum...it is 'black plum' (or something similar).  Not bright purple for sure, but not what I usually think of as plum.  It actually worked out even better for my purpose than the purple/plum that I had pictured in my head.  It was hard to find anything in the eggplant/deep plum range.

• I second the suggestion of Wal Mart.  I was there on Monday looking for something else in the hardware area and they had almost an entire row just of spray paint.  I was shocked!
  • http://www.dickblick.com/products/montana-gold-acrylic-professional-spray-paints/

if you're looking for a particular color, look at this! it's amazing how many colors there are!

I haven't used this brand, i just saw it on a blog yesterday. I'm thinking of buying some though. also, you can buy a set of 6 spray caps that spray the paint different ways...