Decorating & Renovating

Largest selection of spray paint?

I know this is a random question, but I need some spray paint and would like to choose from the largest variety available. Where would I find the best selection? HD/Lowes, HL/Michael's, something else I'm not thinking of?
Thanks!
Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey

Re: Largest selection of spray paint?

• Home Depot and Lowes both have quite a few colors, but they don't necessarily have the same color.   I was looking for a dark plum, and Home Depot didn't have it but Lowes did.  Different brand, but the right color.

Our Michael's doesn't have a very good selection.

• Last time I went to Lowes I was unimpressed with what they had.  Then when we were across the street at HD, I forgot to look!

Also Lowes seems to be all valspar spraypaint which I haven't had the best luck with, a black can pretty much exploded in my hand one time, yuck!

• image SSM&JLM:

Also Lowes seems to be all valspar spraypaint which I haven't had the best luck with, a black can pretty much exploded in my hand one time, yuck!

Valspar is not my favorite, but I've actually had pretty good results so I shouldn't complain.  At least they had the color that I was looking for.

I don't know if they still do, but Walmart used to have a surprisingly good selection of spray paint.

• image TheBridesMom:

Home Depot and Lowes both have quite a few colors, but they don't necessarily have the same color.   I was looking for a dark plum, and Home Depot didn't have it but Lowes did.  Different brand, but the right color.

Quick question: was it actually a "true to color" plum when you used it? I want to do some plum accents in my kitchen and have some things that I think I could spray paint to make work in the decor but I am nervous that it will look BRIGHT purple.

Also, was it Valspar brand that you used in the plum?

• image Carmeltopher:
    image TheBridesMom:

Home Depot and Lowes both have quite a few colors, but they don't necessarily have the same color.   I was looking for a dark plum, and Home Depot didn't have it but Lowes did.  Different brand, but the right color.

Quick question: was it actually a "true to color" plum when you used it? I want to do some plum accents in my kitchen and have some things that I think I could spray paint to make work in the decor but I am nervous that it will look BRIGHT purple.

Also, was it Valspar brand that you used in the plum?

It isn't a true plum...it is 'black plum' (or something similar).  Not bright purple for sure, but not what I usually think of as plum.  It actually worked out even better for my purpose than the purple/plum that I had pictured in my head.  It was hard to find anything in the eggplant/deep plum range.

• I second the suggestion of Wal Mart.  I was there on Monday looking for something else in the hardware area and they had almost an entire row just of spray paint.  I was shocked!
  • http://www.dickblick.com/products/montana-gold-acrylic-professional-spray-paints/

if you're looking for a particular color, look at this! it's amazing how many colors there are!

I haven't used this brand, i just saw it on a blog yesterday. I'm thinking of buying some though. also, you can buy a set of 6 spray caps that spray the paint different ways...