Des Moines Nesties

Has anyone done Kosama?

I'm thinking of signing up - wondered if anyone has done it?  It seems to be the best deal out Farrels, Goals in Motion and them. 
Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!

Re: Has anyone done Kosama?

• A gal I work with just got done with it, she liked it. She felt like she lost body fat, not really a ton weight, but her clothes fit better.
  • I haven't, but a friend of mine raves about it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image Victoria6F:
    A gal I work with just got done with it, she liked it. She felt like she lost body fat, not really a ton weight, but her clothes fit better.

Was she pretty thin/average to begin with?  I have higher hopes for significant weight loss because I'm Team Fat-a$$ Big Smile

• Just be careful with your movements.  I've heard of some people getting hurt b/c they're not using proper form, particularly with the Kettlebells.  And ironically, there's always a chiropractic practice next door (did I mention one of the owners is a chiro?) Wink
  • image EJPint:

image Victoria6F:
    A gal I work with just got done with it, she liked it. She felt like she lost body fat, not really a ton weight, but her clothes fit better.

Was she pretty thin/average to begin with?  I have higher hopes for significant weight loss because I'm Team Fat-a$$ Big Smile

LOL she has a booty but I didn't really notice a change in her booty! LOL also, the kettle bell stuff you HAVE to be careful, my H is an avid kettle bell user.
  • I have done Farrell's and Kosama -  I would vote for Farrell's. Kosama just gives you a website and you basically have to figure out your own nutrition . . .for that much money, I want some more direction! Also, Kosama is a lot of plyometrics (jumping stuff), and after awhile it bothered my knees. (could just be me ? ) Either way, I'm sure you'll feel good about yourself and see some results ! good luck :) 
  • I've heard good things about Kosama & Farrells.  Kosama is nice because you do something different each day versus Farrells where you only do strength and kickboxing.  I have heard more RAVE reviews about Farrells then I have heard about Kosama.  I'm going to do Farrells starting next session.  =)
  • I did Farrell's last summer, and I would definitely recommend it. It takes a lot to get me committed to something and I was able to do pretty well (better body shape and strength, not losing weight though). I didn't follow the nutrition part the best, but I was still happy with my results. Now if I hadn't completely stopped working out since then... Embarrassed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'v heard Kosama is different in that they mix up the types of workouts you do. Farrell's is strictly cardio kickboxing and resistance band training. I can only rave about Farrell's because I'm currently doing it, so I'm biased. However, I feel like the team motivation is excellent at Farrell's and they really hold your hand through the whole process with nutrition tips, recipes, etc. Also, you have the possibility of winning $1,000 for the 10-week challenge!

?image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the feedback, ladies - Kosama has a deal right now so it's significantly cheaper than Farrels, or the other one I'd looked at, Goals in Motion.  I'm not quite as worried about the nutrition aspect - I already do Weight Watchers, so hopefully I'm on the right track there.  And Kosama has a $5000 prize for winning the 10 week challenge!  That would buy a lot of new jeans to replace my fat pants!   

I think I'm going to pull the trigger!  Starts March 14th - if I suddenly disappear in the 10 weeks after that, it means the exercise killed me. 

• Which location will you attend?  I saw that Kosama has the Valentine's special ($90 off, right?)... How much is Farrell's?

I really need/want to do one of these, too.  I just need to decide on a time & location & then commit to it!

Shea, which time/location did you decide to do?

(I commute to Ames, and we're a 1-vehicle family currently, so figuring out our schedule has been a challenge...)

• image skh_emj_2009:

Which location will you attend?  I saw that Kosama has the Valentine's special ($90 off, right?)... How much is Farrell's?

I really need/want to do one of these, too.  I just need to decide on a time & location & then commit to it!

(I commute to Ames, and we're a 1-vehicle family currently, so figuring out our schedule has been a challenge...)

I'm going to Johnston - I'm not sure which time yet, but it will be after work.  No way Jose am I getting up at 4am to work out.  I would probably resort to drinking large quantities of sugary lattes to stay awake, thus rendering all my hard work ineffective.

The Kosama Valentine's deal is $90+ off if you sign up with another person at most locations, but the Johnston one is offering it for everyone, even singles.

I never did get an exact price for Farrel's, I tried to call multiple locations and no one was around.  I feel like last time I priced them, though, they were $400 or more. 

• image EJPint:
    image skh_emj_2009:

Which location will you attend?  I saw that Kosama has the Valentine's special ($90 off, right?)... How much is Farrell's?

I'm going to Johnston - I'm not sure which time yet, but it will be after work.  No way Jose am I getting up at 4am to work out.  I would probably resort to drinking large quantities of sugary lattes to stay awake, thus rendering all my hard work ineffective.

The Kosama Valentine's deal is $90+ off if you sign up with another person at most locations, but the Johnston one is offering it for everyone, even singles.

I never did get an exact price for Farrel's, I tried to call multiple locations and no one was around.  I feel like last time I priced them, though, they were $400 or more. 

Call the Johnston Farrell's. I'm pretty sure they offer a cheaper package at about $200ish? 

?image Lilypie First Birthday tickers