New Jersey Nesties

Anyone convert from Wachovia to Wells Fargo?

Anyone as frustrated as I am? 

I am having a really tough time with the conversion of the web site / bill pay. I find the Wachovia one much easier. Plus, they don't get ebills from my Chase credit card so that is annoying.

UGH. I loved Wachovia's web site :(

Re: Anyone convert from Wachovia to Wells Fargo?

• I did the conversion as well.  I went on the website really quick last night, but haven't really done anything with it yet. It did not look as user friendly and I am confusted by their dates for bill pay!
    Where in world would you like me to ship you? image My boys - I am so screwed in about 7 years. What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull? LIPSTICK !
  • It is not as user-friendly. Way too many screens in my opinion.

I am either going to be double-paying a lot of people, or missing payments. Part of it is my fault since I should have taken some infor from Wachovia before the web site went down, but still.

• i don't like that when i log into my bank account, i have to go through my brokerage account. plus my brokerage account isn't complete...my ira is missing, which, is quite unsettling since its quite a hefty sum of money...
  • hmm..my wachovia website is still up?  Was I suppose to do something on my end to change to wells fargo?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image lgndangel:
    hmm..my wachovia website is still up?  Was I suppose to do something on my end to change to wells fargo?

Did you try to log in? It goes right to Wells Fargo.

• image amarriedbttrfli:

image lgndangel:
    hmm..my wachovia website is still up?  Was I suppose to do something on my end to change to wells fargo?

I was in it earlier paying bills.  Not complaining if the Wells Fargo website sucks.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • THey royally fukked up  our bill pay. MH is very frustrated and I think we double paid some of our bills. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• image Franco*Filly:
    THey royally fukked up  our bill pay. MH is very frustrated and I think we double paid some of our bills. 

WEre these automatic bill pay?

Where in world would you like me to ship you? image My boys - I am so screwed in about 7 years. What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull? LIPSTICK !
  • My mom works for them.  Since the conversion, she is "this close" to retiring...or going postal on someone.  Surprise
  • image lgndangel:
    image amarriedbttrfli:

image lgndangel:

I was in it earlier paying bills.  Not complaining if the Wells Fargo website sucks.

That is really, really odd and I would be worried. The Wachovia web site is supposed to be no longer operational as of Monday.

• image Franco*Filly:
    THey royally fukked up  our bill pay. MH is very frustrated and I think we double paid some of our bills. 

I am SO frustrated! Having a good online banking system is KEY for me since I use it ALL of the time.

I just closed my Chase accounts since they were going to start charging me monthly fees (they were small side accounts). Now I am wondering if I should have kept them open and moved everything there.

• Switch banks. You're going to start being billed $6.95/month for using online services.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • FYI- pnc is the only bank that's not charging monthly account fees (in addition to no online banking fees) I was just in a meeting about it this am. 
  • image debfife:

Switch banks. You're going to start being billed $6.95/month for using online services.  

That's crazy.  Where did you hear this?

They are also going to take money out of the account for a bill that is to be paid anywhere from 1 - 5 days ahead of time.  This is insane.  That's a big gap and what if people are counting on money being direct deposited say 2 days before a bill gets paid, but they pull it before that?  

• image SweetPeonies07:
    image debfife:

Switch banks. You're going to start being billed $6.95/month for using online services.  

I work in banking (not for them). It's been a hot topic & in the news.  

• i'm so out of the loop with this.... crap... i logged into wachovia this morning. I have been with them since 98 and i'm guessing i'm not oging to be happy with the change.
  • image SweetPeonies07:
    image debfife:

They are also going to take money out of the account for a bill that is to be paid anywhere from 1 - 5 days ahead of time.  This is insane.  That's a big gap and what if people are counting on money being direct deposited say 2 days before a bill gets paid, but they pull it before that?  

its a common practice...that doesn't bother me as much...you shouldn't be ordering payment if the money is not there anyway...

i, however, have not heard a darn thing about this fee though...that will cause me to pull my money...

• image debfife:
    image SweetPeonies07:
    image debfife:

I work in banking (not for them). It's been a hot topic & in the news.  

I will switch as soon as that happens.

It is such a pain to switch since you have to change your direct deposit and then time everything just right.

• I just logged into the Wachovia site like I always do. Nothing seemed amiss.

I opened a letter this morning about the conversion. Apparently NJ Wachovia banks are already converted to Wells Fargo but PA banks won't be switching until April. The Wachovias in NJ have all switched their signs but the one by my house in PA is still Wachovia.

I don't know if that would have any impact on the website, but just another reason why we need to get our accounts switched before April.

• I just read this but I am not sure what kind of account I have! I am guessing it is not one of these. Ugh! I like how they left that little tidbit out of the communications!

Personal

Bill Pay is free of monthly service fees if you have one of these eligible checking accounts:
    • Wells Fargo PMA? Prime Checking account
    • Wells Fargo Advantage? Checking and Wells Fargo Advantage Plus? Checking
    • Wells Fargo Custom Management? Package, Wells Fargo Complete Advantage? Package, Wells Fargo PMA? Package, Wells Fargo Opportunity PackageSM, Wells Fargo Gold PackageSM
    • Wells Fargo College Checking?
    Bill Pay is also free with a minimum balance:
    For customers who do not have an eligible account, Bill Pay is free for the first two months for new customers, and remains free of monthly service fees if you maintain a combined minimum balance of at least $5,000 at all times in these qualifying personal accounts:
    • Personal checking
    • Personal savings
    • Money Market Access
    • Remittance

Otherwise, Bill Pay is $6.95 per month (includes up to 25 payments per month; each additional payment costs $0.40). Monthly service fee will be assessed starting in the first month of use after the free trial period.

The terms of the Bill Pay fee waiver refers only to Bill Pay service accessed through the Wells Fargo Online? service.

• image amarriedbttrfli:

I just read this but I am not sure what kind of account I have! I am guessing it is not one of these. Ugh! I like how they left that little tidbit out of the communications!

Personal

Bill Pay is free of monthly service fees if you have one of these eligible checking accounts:
    • Wells Fargo Custom Management? Package, Wells Fargo Complete Advantage? Package, Wells Fargo PMA? Package, Wells Fargo Opportunity PackageSM, Wells Fargo Gold PackageSM
    For customers who do not have an eligible account, Bill Pay is free for the first two months for new customers, and remains free of monthly service fees if you maintain a combined minimum balance of at least $5,000 at all times in these qualifying personal accounts:
    • Personal checking
    • Personal savings
    • Money Market Access
    • Remittance

Otherwise, Bill Pay is $6.95 per month (includes up to 25 payments per month; each additional payment costs $0.40). Monthly service fee will be assessed starting in the first month of use after the free trial period.

The terms of the Bill Pay fee waiver refers only to Bill Pay service accessed through the Wells Fargo Online? service.

i just read that as well and then called my local branch manager. she told me that the wachovia accounts are grandfathered in, and the terms and conditions that you had while a wachovia account will remain in place as a wells fargo account so long as you don't make any changes to your account.  if you open a new account, you will be charged, if you had a wachovia free checking account with free bill pay, you will still have free bill pay, but if you change that account to something else, well then you could lose the free bill pay...

i trust that she told me what she knows to be the truth today...who knows what memo she will get tomorrow...i will keep a very close eye on my account, and i will make sure that i read everything i receive very closely, but for now, it seems that nothing will change...

• image hookersbabe:

i just read that as well and then called my local branch manager. she told me that the wachovia accounts are grandfathered in, and the terms and conditions that you had while a wachovia account will remain in place as a wells fargo account so long as you don't make any changes to your account.  if you open a new account, you will be charged, if you had a wachovia free checking account with free bill pay, you will still have free bill pay, but if you change that account to something else, well then you could lose the free bill pay...

i trust that she told me what she knows to be the truth today...who knows what memo she will get tomorrow...i will keep a very close eye on my account, and i will make sure that i read everything i receive very closely, but for now, it seems that nothing will change...

Thank you for posting this! Please let me know if you hear anything different.

I am sure it will only last so long though.

• image hookersbabe:
    image amarriedbttrfli:

I just read this but I am not sure what kind of account I have! I am guessing it is not one of these. Ugh! I like how they left that little tidbit out of the communications!

Personal

• Personal checking
    • Personal savings
    • Money Market Access
    • Remittance

Yes TY

• LOL. I opened this post right as MH who is working on this now screamed "good god! you don't even get ebills from Chase!"
  • We have a car loan through Wachovia that switched to Wells Fargo a long while back, several months. The new web site completely sucked and wouldn't accept payments from me for 2-3 months. It was resolved eventually and I now use it with no issue. Hope it gets resolved a little quicker for you ladies.
  • image Liz051405:
    LOL. I opened this post right as MH who is working on this now screamed "good god! you don't even get ebills from Chase!"

Ha!! This is STILL driving me nuts! We don't use the credit card that often, so when we do I like to be reminded of the payment through my bank. Sucks!