Colorado Nesties

Is there a high fever virus going around?

And if so can you give me details on your experiences?

We're on day 4 with Jace and so far none of the rest of us seem to have it.

Poor kid's up to 103/104 the second he's off motrin.

Can someone tell me there's a light at the end of the tunel?

More specifically... how much longer the tunnel's likely to be? 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: Is there a high fever virus going around?

• There is definitely a nasty virus or two going around, but as my daycare provider's doc told her the same virus can cause different symptoms in every one.

Lucy had it and her "tummy hurt" for like a week, but she was acting fine.  She skipped dinner one night at the end of the week and went to bed early and then she was fine the next day.

Lexi had the big D, low grade fever, off and on for a week and general crankiness and not eating much and then she was fine. 

DH felt really really really cold (probably had a fever, but he wouldn't check), really really tired, lethargic.  It lasted for 4 days.

I had a weird headache behind my eyes for a week.

Daycare provider had a terrible cough, lethargy, fever.  Lasted for about 5 days.

Co-worked ended up with bronchial pnuemonia. 

I kind of think it was all the same virus manifesting itself in different ways.  I would say it will likely last another 1-3 days. 

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
  • DS had something like this.  Took about 3-4 days and then his fever broke.  Any signs of some potential infection other than viral?  If it continues, might be worth checking out.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• image Pesky:
    Any signs of some potential infection other than viral?  If it continues, might be worth checking out.

Jace actually came down with the fever on Thursday evening.

I already had an appointment for D on Friday for his chronic cough (asthma, not contagious) so I went ahead and booked one for J too so they could check his ears and throat.

No symptoms other than fever.

I guess I should call again at this point!

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • image Mrs.Greeko:

I kind of think it was all the same virus manifesting itself in different ways.  I would say it will likely last another 1-3 days. 

DH and I have both been a bit lethargic but chalked it up to getting no sleep due to being up with Jace for so many nights now.

I REALLY hope we don't end up as sick as he is.  Poor thing is miserable!

And as for 1-3 more days?  Dear Lord I hope we fall on the "1" side of things.  My boss is in from out of town to work with me on Wednesday and DH has a job interview Wednesday.  We normally have tons of flexibility with our schedules but this is one week that we don't have much wiggle room and no back up plan.

Ugh....  off to administer an asthma inhaler, cough medicine, motrin and nap time cuddles.

Thanks ladies! 

• image howleyshell:

image Pesky:
    Any signs of some potential infection other than viral?  If it continues, might be worth checking out.

Jace actually came down with the fever on Thursday evening.

I already had an appointment for D on Friday for his chronic cough (asthma, not contagious) so I went ahead and booked one for J too so they could check his ears and throat.

No symptoms other than fever.

I guess I should call again at this point!

DS was almost exactly the same way.  And got checked out and chalked up to a virus.  He eventually shook it but took a while.  DD started with her cough around then (cold induced) and DH was struck by his man cold.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Little G has had this.  I took him in on Friday because he was almost 104 without Tylenol/Ibuprofen and 101/102 with it.

His fever lasted 3 days, and I had him checked because I was concerned about his ears.  They did it looked like some kind of virus, and to expect a rash with little spots as it left his system, which is what he has had Sunday & today.

BTW - I know he's younger than Jace, but LG's ped said to call them if he had a 103/104 fever for more than 3 days regardless of other symptoms.

PHOTOS REMOVED

• I had it and it SUCKS!  It started the night of January 24, with general aches and pains and sore throat. By the morning of the 25th, I had a 103 fever and could barely sit upright.  I developed a really bad, barking cough by the end of day two.  Also woke up one morning so drenched with sweat I actually thought one of the dogs had peed on me during the night at first.  I was in that condition and in bed for four days, before it started to let up.  It was another 3-4 days before my energy and appetite came back fully. Tamiflu did help get the symptoms to die down.

It's just nasty.  I know so many people that have had it. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

ETA:  DS didn't get it from me but my mom came over to help me and she came down with it about the time I started to feel better.