Married Life

Can't stop thinking about ex-boyfriend!?!

I have been thinking about my old high school boyfriend a lot! We dated for 4 years and broke up when I started college. I was never really sure why we broke up. The issue is that I am thinking about him all the time now. I have crazy dreams about leaving my husband for him(which is just crazy), the mention of his name gets me thinking about him, and I constantly wonder what I did for him to break up with me. I don't understand why this is coming up all of a sudden.

I don't know what to do. I feel so guilty about it and don't want my husband to get the wrong impression and don't know who to talk to. Any advice on what to do? Talk to the exboyfriend?

Any help would be great!

Re: Can't stop thinking about ex-boyfriend!?!

• image good4life:

I have been thinking about my old high school boyfriend a lot! We dated for 4 years and broke up when I started college. I was never really sure why we broke up. The issue is that I am thinking about him all the time now. I have crazy dreams about leaving my husband for him(which is just crazy), the mention of his name gets me thinking about him, and I constantly wonder what I did for him to break up with me.

I don't know what to do. I feel so guilty about it and don't want my husband to get the wrong impression. Any advice on what to do? Talk to the exboyfriend?

Any help would be great!

oh yes - talk to the ex - tell him EVERYTHING. then suck his diick and caress his sack. That'll fix it.

"Maybe I'd have been better off if I had gone to ivilliage"

• I.... I just really don't know what to say.

• I totally get the impression that after we run you off, you are totally going to call his mom and get his new number!

• image good4life:

...I constantly wonder what I did for him to break up with me.

Who the fuuck cares?

He dumped you.

He just wasn't that into you.

Get over it and move on.

• I guess the first thing we need to know is whether or not you have any desire to remain married.  Because really, I can't see how you'd think pursuing this would be a good idea if the answer to that question even remotely resembles "yes."
  • Let's get to the real point.

He has a much larger penis than your H, and you miss the ride.

I'm right, aren't I?

• I would invest in a ball gag so to not give yourself away in your sleep.
  • First off, DO NOT call him, unless you are ready to deal with the consequences, i.e. the possible disintegration of your marriage.

Exes are exes for a reason. You need to move on. If you can't do that on your own, then seek professional help. I'm not saying that to be snarky; I mean it sincerely.

Whenever I hear Chesh's IRL name I think "Scissor" --MontereyBride
  • You should definitely talk to the ex.  Tell the man who dumped you that you can't stop thinking about him and keep thinking about leaving your husband for him.

Only good will come from this.  If you come back and tell us the results.

I like salad bar, I like Despicable Me, tosh 2.0, I like Connect 4, Freedom of Speech, David Fincher, sidewalk, I like 1-800-SLIM, yo mama jokes, strawberry, Wilmer Valmavelma, Leon J. Panetta, ice skating for fun, not to save life. Cheese. Is for mouse. Are you Mick Mouse? WHY DON'T YOU GET IN YOUR SPACESHIP LIKE MICK MOUSE?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He's your ex for a reason.  Don't call him.
    DSC_0182
    71 workouts completed in 2012
  • Well now I can't stop thinking about MY ex. So thanks for that. Now my kids will be from a broken home. YOUR FAULT YOUR FAULT~!

• Ditto Clarissa. Friend him on Facebook. Hit him up for some friendly chats. Nothing will come of it.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • I have never met any of you and yet most of you have nothing to say but negative things. I appreciate all the friendly advice.

Thanks

• You're welcome
    I like salad bar, I like Despicable Me, tosh 2.0, I like Connect 4, Freedom of Speech, David Fincher, sidewalk, I like 1-800-SLIM, yo mama jokes, strawberry, Wilmer Valmavelma, Leon J. Panetta, ice skating for fun, not to save life. Cheese. Is for mouse. Are you Mick Mouse? WHY DON'T YOU GET IN YOUR SPACESHIP LIKE MICK MOUSE?
  • image good4life:

I have never met any of you and yet most of you have nothing to say but negative things. I appreciate all the friendly advice.

Thanks

what were you fuucking expecting you stupid fuuck?!

"Maybe I'd have been better off if I had gone to ivilliage"

• ok.  so you can't stop thinking about him, right?  So call him.  Tell him how you have pined for him all these years.  Explain that you want to leave your H to run off with him.  Tell him that you plan to live on love and let the good Lord provide for you while you bathe in the glow of perfect love.  When he stops laughing at you- calls you a loser and tells you he is gay with a husband and a puggle.  Then you can crawl back to your H and simmer in your disappointment.

Was this too harsh? The reason you get snarky answers is because this is a really stupid question.  Of course you should not abandon your marriage to go back to someone who was not good enough to continue dating....sounds like the right path to me.  Oy vey!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image rottimom:

Tell him that you plan to live on love and let the good Lord provide for you while you bathe in the glow of perfect love.

Dun.  Ded.

• image _Fenton:
    Ditto Clarissa. Friend him on Facebook. Hit him up for some friendly chats. Nothing will come of it.

gchat is an option too.  Just make sure he doesn't have any psychos that might break into the attached gmail account and email your current husband the chat logs.

That really messes stuff up.

• It is what it is, jeana.
  • so i guess you're not good 4 life?
  • Well I guess you're not good4life then, huh?

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • image *Ombligo*:
    It is what it is, jeana.

Yup...that phrase still makes me want to Hulk Smash sh!t.

• image saraandmichael:
    so i guess you're not good 4 life?

DUDE. YOU + ME GOOD4LIFE 4EVA.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Not once did i ever say I was going to leave my husband or that I would ever consider it. I would also like to mention that I never slept with this guy.

I find this whole thinking about my ex very annoying and would really like for it to go away but don't know how. I have had no contact what so ever with this guy and didn't plan on having any contact unless someone thought that it may help. Obviously no one does.

• image salimoo:

image saraandmichael:
    so i guess you're not good 4 life?

DUDE. YOU + ME GOOD4LIFE 4EVA.

omg!  we need a broken heart necklace or something.

• image good4life:

Not once did i ever say I was going to leave my husband or that I would ever consider it. I would also like to mention that I never slept with this guy.

I find this whole thinking about my ex very annoying and would really like for it to go away but don't know how. I have had no contact what so ever with this guy and didn't plan on having any contact unless someone thought that it may help. Obviously no one does.

He broke up with you because you wouldn't sleep with him. Seriously, why wouldn't you just look him up on facebook?
  • You're thinking about him because you miss being young and life was probably easier then... it's easy to look back on the past with rose colored glasses.  but really, what does it matter now?  unless you have a divorce wish, none of this will make any difference in your current life.

You just need to get over it, honestly.  if it's disrupting your life and you think it would help, go talk to a therapist. but don't talk to your husband, or even think about contacting your ex-boyfriend.  you will look like a loon, and I promise you won't like the results.

• image good4life:

Not once did i ever say I was going to leave my husband or that I would ever consider it. I would also like to mention that I never slept with this guy.

A lobotomy would help.

Forget-Me-Nots: Alaska State Flower