Decorating & Renovating

Where to find 1920's style furniture?

I've been inspired by Boardwalk Empire, and Chicago... I just love the bedroom furniture from the 1920's, the old vanities, and the dressers... I know i would never be able to afford the real thing...anyone know where i can look for some awesome reproductions?  Or just to get some inspiration?

Thanks!

Re: Where to find 1920's style furniture?

• IDK about 1920s but I found a vanity made in the 30s on CL in a really bad condition for $10! Here's the pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nazv/sets/72157625341641762/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Check antique malls, estate sales and yard sales.  I see a lot of these pieces around my area...and the sad thing is people paint them! eek :(

• Can you share (link, pic) what you mean by '20s?

I think of the waterfall furniture that the first poster linked to and that style is very common and very affordable.

• I would LOVE to do my house in a vintage style. But I agree with a PP try antique stores. When ever I go they have a lot of furniture. Not sure on the decade but it is worth a trip.
    When life hands you lemons, you throw them back in life's face and say "F*ck you, I want some Orange juice, B!tch! Make it happen!"

The Blog
  • Craigslist!!!!  I live in a 1920's home and have a lot of pieces from that era - all bought on CL!!

GL!

One beautiful toddler and one beautiful baby.
  • image Catch23:

Craigslist!!!!  I live in a 1920's home and have a lot of pieces from that era - all bought on CL!!

GL!

Ditto this, depending on your area CL could be a gold mine (my local CL is AWESOME for antiques in the summer, but 100% dead right now)

Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • image WA1215:
    Check antique malls, estate sales and yard sales.  I see a lot of these pieces around my area...and the sad thing is people paint them! eek :(

Ha Ha.. I painted mine. But I wouldn't have if it were in good condition. Then again, if it were in good condition, it wouldn't have been mine and be on sale for $10.

• CL! I have been getting some major deals on there for vintage furniture.

and I'm painting it all :)

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • magnoliahall.com has some vintage reproductions that are gorgeous.  Some of them can be spendy though.
  • I don't know how much you are willing to spend to furnish your house with 1920s furniture but I ran into this website who sells old furnitures. I have no idea about costs. They don't show the price of the furnitures that are labeled sold.