Decorating & Renovating

Expedit vs Target's "Closetmaid Cubeicles"

I am just wondering if anyone here has compared the Closetmaid Cubeicles line vs the Expedit (other than price) my nearest Ikea is far enough away that I don't like to go down unless I have to, and of course Target doesn't have their Cubeicles set up to see.

Any opinions? I would love to save the $20 each or so, but not if there is a huge difference in them.

Re: Expedit vs Target's "Closetmaid Cubeicles"

• DH and I were just discussing it the other day.   We came to the conclusion that the Expedit is furniture, and the Closetmaid is a closet organizer and looks like one.

The Expedit has thickness to it, and we really like the door/drawer options.  I also like that there are more size options with the Expedit.

• image TheBridesMom:

DH and I were just discussing it the other day.   We came to the conclusion that the Expedit is furniture, and the Closetmaid is a closet organizer and looks like one.

The Expedit has thickness to it, and we really like the door/drawer options.  I also like that there are more size options with the Expedit.

I agree with this. 

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I bought the closetmaid crap trying to emprovise. They look so cheap! There is a big difference! I will be making the three hour trip to our nearest ikea, buying the expedit shelves, and then I have to figure out what to do witb the closetmaid.
  • image TheBridesMom:

DH and I were just discussing it the other day.   We came to the conclusion that the Expedit is furniture, and the Closetmaid is a closet organizer and looks like one.

I agree as well. 

• I was going to buy the closetmaid cubeicles to put in our nursery to save money but I knew I wouldn't like it as much as the expedit.  The expedit just seems so much more substantial and in the end we went with it.  We just bought it on Saturday and my dh set it up yesterday. I'm really happy with it so far.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the closetmaid cubeicles in our MBR closet and as far as looks, they definitely look like they belong in a closet, not as "furniture" in another room.  

I did purchase 2 of the Target circo brand cubbies for DS's room and stacked them.  They work great in his room.  I was trying to save some $ and liked that they came in blue...they are sturdy and helped us get his room more organized.  They are good for a kids room, not so much for an adult space.

http://www.target.com/Circo-Cube-Organizer-Marine-Blue/dp/B00362TUT6

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• image TheBridesMom:

This

• Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked!! Are the squares the same size? Like would the box things for the Cubeicle's fit? I know you guys may not know and that is fine of course just wondering, because I have seen some cute ones around...:)
  • image Happy2BeMe:
    Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked!! Are the squares the same size? Like would the box things for the Cubeicle's fit? I know you guys may not know and that is fine of course just wondering, because I have seen some cute ones around...:)

I heard that the itso storage cubes fit perfectly. I plan to get some this weekend hopefully.

http://www.target.com/itso-Storage-Bins-Organization-Home/b/203098011/ref=sc_fe_l_1_618273011_5?node=203098011

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree totally, and I have the closetmaid cubbies. But we have 3 of them side by side, and they fit like built in shelves in our DS's playroom (there is literally less than 1/8 of an inch left in the space they're in. It's awesome!) For an adult space, I would get the expedit. Actually we almost did for our LR, but went with something else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac