September 2010 Weddings

Random Complaints

Anybody?  I keep grumbling to myself about these, and since I'm a time-wasting thread-killer today, I figured I'd share. 

I love that tights are 'in' now, but can't seem to find any that fit properly.  I'm super short (4'11"), and there's extra fabric pilling at the ankles on most of them, and on all of them, they're too long so that they don't properly stretch to show the cute patterns.  I may be looking for kids' tights soon.  (Which is ironic, considering my 2nd complaint.)

I ordered heels from this U.K. company that specializes in small size shoes, as I wear a 4-4.5 and it's really hard to find good work heels.  They're expensive, but the point is that they are truly ADULT shoes, but in small sizes.  The customs form attached to the box listed the contents as "children's shoes."  Grr. 

Re: Random Complaints

• Awww @ 'children's shoes'  I'm sorry.

Did you try looking at American Apparel for tights?  I think they sell them in short sizes but I could be totally making this up.

My complaint:

My cat licked my empty chili bowl from lunch before I had time to take it to the sink.  She then threw up five times in fifteen minutes.  I think she's fine now - if it had continued I would have taken her to the vet.  But for crying out loud, if she's going to throw up, can't she do it on the tile instead of the carpet??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Laura - I hadn't thought of AA, but I'll check!  I have just been getting them at Target (where I seem to go at least weekly) or Banana Repubic (where I get 90% of my clothes). 

Oh, crap, on your cat.  Poor thing! 

Kinda similar story - we put our puppy in the kennel for a long weekend last month, and she was so tired (from doggy play) when we picked her up, that she was sacked out on the couch for hours.  H and I started to get ready for bed, and she ambled in to our room and jumped up on the bed, then apparently decided she had to pee.  So she just copped a squat.  Indifferent  We were like, seriously?  You had enough energy to jump up on the bed, but not enough to at least pee by the back door? 

• Yeah, my cat was sick, but not too sick to run around the whole house puking in every single carpeted room.  Her and your dog could be friends.

I can never find tights at Target, ours sucks.  AE has had some cute ones online semi-recently, but they never have them in store.  Last time I checked (a few weeks ago) they had some on sale for really cheap, and they had cute colors.  I usually get mine at Express - with a coupon, of course - but they would probably still be too long for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mush- I totally understand about the tights, I am 4'11''and 3/4 last time I was measured at the doctors office (about 8 months ago) and I could never find tights that fit in length. UNTIL...I bought some Vera Wang ones at Kohls and they were perfect. I bought the tights that go just below the knee and legging tights that go to ankle and they are perfect. You should ckeck that out if you have a Kohls near by.

Puppy complaint- My mini wiener dogs (Star) threw up twice last night. I have been dealthy sick with a cold for two days now and I was knocked out on meds so husband had to clean it up in the middle of the night. As I was coming in and out of sleep, I could hear him slamming stuff around  mad because he actually had to get up and take care of it.

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Je - your poor puppy!  Hope she's feeling better. 

I have never been to a Kohls.  Sheesh, that sounds weird.  Anyway, we do have one, so I'll have to go check it out, thanks!

And AE online.  I'm not sure where there's even an AE store near me, so online would work better anyway.

Edited to correct AA to AE.  Oops.

• This must be throw up week, because the other day both of our dogs threw up on the carpet. Dixie threw up part of a blanket. I don't understand why she decided to eat her blanket, but she doesn't get blankets anymore.
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • image DatsyuksMommy:
    This must be throw up week, because the other day both of our dogs threw up on the carpet. Dixie threw up part of a blanket. I don't understand why she decided to eat her blanket, but she doesn't get blankets anymore.

Blurg.  We stopped giving Ginger rope toys after she became a 'powerful chewer' in Nylabone parlance, and just started tearing them apart.  The vet and the dog trainer both warned that the rope toys are bad if they chew like that because they can cause huge intestinal problems.  My mom kept buying them, and gave her one while we were on our honeymoon. 

• image mushE:

Blurg.  We stopped giving Ginger rope toys after she became a 'powerful chewer' in Nylabone parlance, and just started tearing them apart.  The vet and the dog trainer both warned that the rope toys are bad if they chew like that because they can cause huge intestinal problems.  My mom kept buying them, and gave her one while we were on our honeymoon. 

Dixie rips everything apart too, she just usually doesn't ever actually eat it. She just likes to destroy things. That's why her full name is Dixie, Destroyer of Worlds.

Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • image DatsyuksMommy:
    This must be throw up week, because the other day both of our dogs threw up on the carpet. Dixie threw up part of a blanket. I don't understand why she decided to eat her blanket, but she doesn't get blankets anymore.
    Our Piper ate her blanket for quite a while, but luckily never threw it up, she just had pink or blue fleece in her poo for a while. When I was cleaning it up, I knew which poos were here's b/c of that. /random fact I've never understood how animals generally find the worst place to make a mess. We get pretty lucky that our Jetta usually runs to the door whenever she is working on throwing up.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageVisit The Nest!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image DatsyuksMommy:
    image mushE:

Dixie rips everything apart too, she just usually doesn't ever actually eat it. She just likes to destroy things. That's why her full name is Dixie, Destroyer of Worlds.

Ha!  That's cute.  We just give Ginger lots of nicknames, like "Miss Daintypaws" when she goes to pee and alternates keeping one foot in the air, because she doesn't like the feel of wet grass. 

• Crazy coincidence that three of us are 4'11".  I remember once in my con law class, the instructor was saying that a little person was someone who is 4'11" or shorter.  He askes if anyone was this height or shorter, I raised my hand.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • image mushE:

Blurg.....ha!

• image debdebdol:

Crazy coincidence that three of us are 4'11".  I remember once in my con law class, the instructor was saying that a little person was someone who is 4'11" or shorter.  He askes if anyone was this height or shorter, I raised my hand.

Ha!  I got a lot of attention in school for my height, which is technically 4'10.5", but I round up.  Anyway, senior year of HS, anatomy, I did a paper titled something like 'Midgets, dwarves, and why I am neither.'  Back in '96, my research told me I did not qualify as a little person, but I can't remember the cutoff.  It's different for men and women. 

• image LauraT25:

Awww @ 'children's shoes'  I'm sorry.

Did you try looking at American Apparel for tights?  I think they sell them in short sizes but I could be totally making this up.

My complaint:

My cat licked my empty chili bowl from lunch before I had time to take it to the sink.  She then threw up five times in fifteen minutes.  I think she's fine now - if it had continued I would have taken her to the vet.  But for crying out loud, if she's going to throw up, can't she do it on the tile instead of the carpet??

My cat does that schit too.  She'll sit on the tiled kitchen floor, right at the edge of the carpeting and puke right on the carpet.  Seriously?!  It's like she knows it pisses me off!

Vacation

Vacation
  • one of my cats also threw up last night, guess he inhaled his dry food rather than chew it. he threw that up and by the time i came back to clean it up (within a minute of hearing a cat vomit), both were in there licking it up.
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i dont have a pet complaint, but my complaints are:

i couldnt sleep last night so i am tired and cranky

i have my period, so i am bloaty, in pain, tired, and cranky

the end 

• image shauni27:

i dont have a pet complaint, but my complaints are:

i couldnt sleep last night so i am tired and cranky

i have my period, so i am bloaty, in pain, tired, and cranky

the end 

This was me yesterday.  I am not proud to say that I went home and ate Domino's pizza and brownies to make myself feel better.  Then went immediately to sleep.  It made me feel like a$s this morning.

Vacation

Vacation
  • My complaints, in no particular order:

• dry skin
    • newest employee here - he is a whiny ahole who is apparently under the impression that I'm his secretary, which he is finding out toot sweet is not the case. I am not being nice to him at ALL.
    • my husband's pay going to all of his effing parking tickets
    • lack of gym mojo

• Hey ladies, it's been awhile since I've been here.

My complaints:

On the topic of animals - DH's dog makes me want to punch him in the face. He is eating his way through the baby gate. We are containing him in the kitchen because he's sick but he got determined yesterday and ate a hole. I'm pissed! If it's not chewing he'll jump over it. This dog should fly or something cause he jumps so high.

btw - cleaning throw up on carpet is bad but try pure liquid diarrhea, like three times!!

Another complaint: A Dr I used to work for is supposed to fill out a reference survey for me by today and he said he'd do it and he hasn't. I'm really pissed bc his reference is the most important since it's the most relevant to the position I interviewed for. Don't tell me you're going to do it if you're not! f*ing d*ckwad.

• image debdebdol:

Crazy coincidence that three of us are 4'11".  I remember once in my con law class, the instructor was saying that a little person was someone who is 4'11" or shorter.  He askes if anyone was this height or shorter, I raised my hand.

H and his friends have teased me over this for years!!! And I have been told, I should sit in the back seat because i'm not tall enought by Department of Transportaion to sit in the front seat. Which I don't think is true, but still funny!

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • image Northstar1808:

Another complaint: A Dr I used to work for is supposed to fill out a reference survey for me by today and he said he'd do it and he hasn't. I'm really pissed bc his reference is the most important since it's the most relevant to the position I interviewed for. Don't tell me you're going to do it if you're not! f*ing d*ckwad.

AHOLE.