Fashion & Beauty

Miss Me jeans....why r they so popular?

After trying on a ton of jeans...I ended up w/ Miss Me as they fit me best w/no alterations.  I personally didn't enjoy spending the $$ on them but it helps they are pretty cute. With all the brands out there...just wondering why there seems to be so much buzz about these? Angel

Why ask why, when you know you're going to get a smart-ass answer

Re: Miss Me jeans....why r they so popular?

• I don't know that there really is that much buzz about them. I'd never heard of them until I started posting on this board.
  • I haven't heard of these jeans.

Who carries them?

• Cavender's carries them--a western clothing and boot store. I agree with the above posters; there's not much buzz about them unless you're in the western/cowboy circles (like my sisters are). cowgirls love them for the same reason you (the OP) do: they are very flattering and cute, as opposed to brands like Wranglers and Cruel Girl.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • I don't like them, honestly. I prefer seven jeans and joe's. I went into a miss me outlet and left almost instantly. NMS.

Winning ain't easy

• If you are 16, they are popular.  Or 40 trying to be 16.  Either way, they are NMS.
  • Hmmm...maybe it's just our area then. As far as western wear...have not heard that...they are considered more higher end jeans for those with a little more $$ to spend...much like purses.

Houstonkdw...popular for 16 year olds?? They better have jobs then, because I will never by my 16 year old jeans that are over $100!  LOL

If I could have afforded Paige, would have bought them, talk about making your booty look small!

• image boston:

Hmmm...maybe it's just our area then. As far as western wear...have not heard that...they are considered more higher end jeans for those with a little more $$ to spend...much like purses.

Houstonkdw...popular for 16 year olds?? They better have jobs then, because I will never by my 16 year old jeans that are over $100!  LOL

If I could have afforded Paige, would have bought them, talk about making your booty look small!

Yes.  I am a high school teacher and most girls wear those.  I teach dance so 99% female students.  

• image houstonkdw:
    image boston:

Hmmm...maybe it's just our area then. As far as western wear...have not heard that...they are considered more higher end jeans for those with a little more $$ to spend...much like purses.

Yes.  I am a high school teacher and most girls wear those.  I teach dance so 99% female students.  

it's because the moms buy them for their daughters.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • They are super popular among the teenage girl crowd here - my niece has several pairs (she's 15). That's the only reason why I've ever heard of them (hearing the teenagers talk about them)
  • I see them on a lot of 40-something's trying to relive their younger days - NMS. I much prefer Joes, Hudson, Paige, etc.
  • image pooh8402:
    Cavender's carries them--a western clothing and boot store. I agree with the above posters; there's not much buzz about them unless you're in the western/cowboy circles (like my sisters are). cowgirls love them for the same reason you (the OP) do: they are very flattering and cute, as opposed to brands like Wranglers and Cruel Girl.

Thanks pooh.

• OK, so I see them all the time. Never on a cowgirl. I don't personally own them but don't see them as jeans for moms wanting to relive their youth. I think that's a loaded statement, anyway.

They are popular b/c they typically have a good amount of detail. If you like detail, it makes these jeans your type. They are also good jeans with a nice cut and a good amount of stretch. That is why they are popular.

Francesca's carries them. I actually like the jeans but don't have any b/c I perform on Saturdays and am supposed to wear gender neutral clothes and these scream "girl!" I wear Abercrombie (I am 33 but they have a great inseam for me w/out having to get them altered) and AE.  

I know I look very young. I get it all the time but I honestly think that my wearing any type of jeans doesn't automatically mean I am delusional about my age. Maybe it's because people are shocked I am even 30 and I dress for the age I feel but I'd wear just about anything if I could rock it. I am glad you found fun jeans you like!

• image ape:

OK, so I see them all the time. Never on a cowgirl. I don't personally own them but don't see them as jeans for moms wanting to relive their youth. I think that's a loaded statement, anyway.

They are popular b/c they typically have a good amount of detail. If you like detail, it makes these jeans your type. They are also good jeans with a nice cut and a good amount of stretch. That is why they are popular.

Francesca's carries them. I actually like the jeans but don't have any b/c I perform on Saturdays and am supposed to wear gender neutral clothes and these scream "girl!" I wear Abercrombie (I am 33 but they have a great inseam for me w/out having to get them altered) and AE.  

I know I look very young. I get it all the time but I honestly think that my wearing any type of jeans doesn't automatically mean I am delusional about my age. Maybe it's because people are shocked I am even 30 and I dress for the age I feel but I'd wear just about anything if I could rock it. I am glad you found fun jeans you like!

How is it a "loaded statement", it's an opinion.  I think there is age appropriate dressing, and IMO a 45 year old woman stuffing herself in a pair of pants with bling all over the butt to look hip looks ridiculous - then again, I just don't like them so maybe I'm biased.  FWIW, I don't see them on many people at all; Joes, Seven, Hudson, etc are much more popular up here.

• I have them and LOVE them, I am 27 and not a cowgirl by any means. I like the way they fit, I have a small backside so these flatter it better than other jeans. I see no difference between these and true religion or hudson. They are ALL designer jeans with a high price tag. I actually have these in maternity too and they are fab! Much better than anything I found at motherhood or any other store that carries maternity. I have two teenage sisters also and never see them in any other jeans but Hco and AE, I'm quite sure they have never heard of them actually.
  • image Kimee13:

How is it a "loaded statement", it's an opinion.  I think there is age appropriate dressing, and IMO a 45 year old woman stuffing herself in a pair of pants with bling all over the butt to look hip looks ridiculous - then again, I just don't like them so maybe I'm biased.  FWIW, I don't see them on many people at all; Joes, Seven, Hudson, etc are much more popular up here.

i have never heard of these jeans before, so i did a quick search. not all of them are blinged out, and i actually think that some of them are nice. it really is a loaded statement for sure to surmise that a 45 year old woman is stuffing herself like a sausage into these jeans. seriously??? OP, i am glad you found jeans that work for you!!

• image Kimee13:
    image ape:

OK, so I see them all the time. Never on a cowgirl. I don't personally own them but don't see them as jeans for moms wanting to relive their youth. I think that's a loaded statement, anyway.

well, it's my opinion that a not all women need to "stuff themselves" in their jeans at 45. You would be surprised how young 45 really is and how good many women who who really care less about age ( see it as just a number I guess) really look. IMO if you look good in it, wear it. I can see dressing appropriate but not wearing a pair of jeans that you like because they have bling on them and that is "for the young folk" is just odd to me.

To outline my theory:

1. If you like it, it fits, wear it. Don't let age determine what you put on. Let something important like not looking like a tramp determine it.  

• Never did I say that 45 was old, or that all 45 year olds stuffed themselves into jeans.  They're not a popular brand up here and the few people that I've actually seen wearing these jeans IRL(at least that I have noticed) have been in their 40's(one sits right next to me everyday at work), the jeans have been too tight and most of the time paired with an obnoxious shirt of some sort  - hence where my "opinion" came from. 

Regardless, they would've never been my style, bling or not.

• The sell them at Macy's.  I have a pair--I like them because they are extremely comfortable and flattering.  They do definitely have a lot of blinged out styles, but they have adult-appropriate styles too.  I wouldn't wear mine to work or anything but for Saturday errand-running, I like them.  Maybe they are a little youthful, but they're just jeans!
  • Sorry ladies....didin't mean to start anything. Every area is different...and they are popular in mine w/the 20-40's crowd...and seem to be viewed as the Coach or LV of jeans versus brands that are about the same price. I just thought I missed something...like a certain tv star, rock star etc wearing them...making them sought after. I like what Bonbon bride said..."they are just jeans"....jeans that make my butt look damn good but jeans. Smile
  • image boston:
    Sorry ladies....didin't mean to start anything. Every area is different...and they are popular in mine w/the 20-40's crowd...and seem to be viewed as the Coach or LV of jeans versus brands that are about the same price. I just thought I missed something...like a certain tv star, rock star etc wearing them...making them sought after. I like what Bonbon bride said..."they are just jeans"....jeans that make my butt look damn good but jeans. Smile

Like others said, if you like the way they fit that's really all that matters.  I would never pay full price for them though, they are ALWAYS on sale at the boutiques(at least 25% of) that I've seen them at.  I don't consider these the "LV"(premium denim) of jeans though, definitely more along the lines of Coach.

• image houstonkdw:
    If you are 16, they are popular.  Or 40 trying to be 16.  Either way, they are NMS.

Exactly. They are beyond tacky.  And FWIW, I'm 38, wear a size 2 and hence don't need to stuff myself into anything.   ;-)