Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The Bachelor (spoilers)

Ok ladies....I LOVE LOVE LOVE Emily and Brad.  She is so sweet and southern they would be so cute together!! And I love how he gets nervous around her and he just looks like a teenager!

Also anyone else notice how Michelle, at least in the 1st part of the episode, is actually kind of normal.  Especially compared to how she was acting in the other episodes.  She actually entertained me too!

$5000 purse!! Heck I should have gone on the bachelor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Bachelor (spoilers)

• I really don't see Emilee and Brad together at all.  She doesn't seem interested in him in the least based on the interactions that I've watched between the two of them.  She may be beautiful and a southern belle, but I don't think there is much else there.  
  • Ooh ooh ooh! I'm west coast and I love to know the ending while I watch - I try to see all the clues leading up to the outcome =)

So do tell! Who went home???

• Marissa, Ashley S and Lisa M maybe was the third. I had to look at the pictures on the site because I don't remember their names.  I think he almost let Chantal O. go, but changed his mind.  
    Just a warning... I tried to go to the spoilers on Reality Steve and I shut my computer down just in time not to get a virus that popped up.  So, if you go there, be careful.  
  • What? Ashley S?! That sucks! I liked her. She is pretty young but I thought their one on one went really well. He got rid of the wrong Ashley for sure!! Well based on up to last week anyway - obviously I haven't seen tonights =)

The other two were super cute but I'm not surprised - abc has pretty much kept them off camera.

Thanks for the warning on Reality Steve! I googled the question but had a hard time coming up with anything... Now my curiosity is satisfied =)

• I think the wrong Ashley stayed.

That shopping spree would have been awesome! 

And I don't think Michelle is normal at all. That girl is straight up crazy. 

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Also am I the only one who isn't in love with Emily? I mean of course she is stunning! But she almost seems kinda.... blank maybe? I just don't see any personality or anything. I keep waiting for her to cut loose a little and it just isn't happening. I don't know what to do with her yet.
  • I am just tired of not even having any idea who the girls qre that he is eliminating, (except for Ashley tonight.) whoever is editing the show could do a better job of including the girls who are eliminated the first few weeks in the show so there is at least a little surprise at the rose ceremony. I thought the ashley who was eliminated seemed really really insecure. I liked her, but I think brad should share the number of his therapist with her.
  • I like Emily... just because she's gorgeous, sweet, and she seems really genuine. BUT, I really don't think her and Brad are good together - my only reasoning is because I really don't feel like she's over her past. I mean, yeah... it's been a long time ago, but it was a HUGE part of her life, and I think she's just not over it, yet.

I also really like Chantal.

Those are my two picks.

Michelle is a certified nutjob. And, it seems as if she shoots herself in the foot reallllly soon.

"Always have faith in God, yourself, and the Cowboys...'-Eddie Sutton

• ok so now I am watching and I have to agree with pp who said Michelle had some lucid moments early on and I think she is right when she says that Brad is a man babysitting a bunch of girls. (she is still batsh!t crazy though) I feel like we are having tears and "feelings" way too early on in this process. Did the producers make sure all these girls were pms-ing at the same time?! Pull it together ladies! At least in front of Brad. Jeez Louise. 
  • Uuuuuuugggghhhh!

I am so upset about Ashely S! From the beginning I said she and Emily were my faves and I've stuck by the all season until his one on one with Chantal.

I love her too!

I really thought he was going to get rid of her when he said there was a lot of drama last time he saw her, and he didn't need that, so I'm really glad she stayed.

I think she goes pretty far in the show but I'm worried that she won't pull it together.

I am glad (based on previews) that Brad FINALLY asks Michelle why she thinks she knows him so well to say who's good for him or whatever, because I've been saying that for WEEKS!

I can't stand her. She did seem a little more normal early on, but they were interviewing other girls, not here....but I loved the look on her face when he pulled Emily away for the group date rose instead of her, that was beautiful.

Who was that Lisa chick by the way? I couldn't remember her name until Chris said that it was time to say goodbye... 

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/9hm6vt.png[/IMG]

Love bugs unite!

Planning bio / Married bio
  • I think Emily is only one not going on about "the connection" she has with Brad.  Or have I missed this?  Has she ever said that or something similar? 

And wouldn't she have gotten over her "fear" of the racing scene when she dated Dale Earnhart Jr. or you know, hosted a show about RACING!?

I guess I'm not an Emily fan.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image kickin*wing:

And wouldn't she have gotten over her "fear" of the racing scene when she dated Dale Earnhart Jr. or you know, hosted a show about RACING!?

Woah, back up... Seriously??? If that is true she totally lost some credibility in my eyes.
  • Emily is cute and smiley, but I agree she is not over her past.  It's all she talks about (or they show her talking about).  It was 5 years ago and she keeps saying that no guys can handle her past...well if you keep talking about it constantly and not talk about your current relationship I can see why the guys can't handle it. 
  • Brad is such a tool. Between calling his therapist and saying, "I really want to be a shoulder for these girls to cry on."

Then when Emily was "so upset" by the racing date because of her FI, he said, "Oh. I truly did not know." Yes he did. Either that or he is on something that inhibits his ability to show any emotion or genuine feelings whatsoever. 

If I ever go on the Bachelor I need to remember to tell the producers that my worst nightmare and hugest fear is shopping. 

• Am I the only one who is sick of Brad's therapy sessions each episode??

We get it, you're in therapy, congratulations.

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2q9wcp0.jpg[/IMG]
  • image MrsZP2B:
    image kickin*wing:

Woah, back up... Seriously??? If that is true she totally lost some credibility in my eyes.

Emily and Dale Jr. never confirmed that they were dating but it seems widely accepted on the internet (a trusted source!) and she hosted a show called "Emily on the Scene" for the Speed Channel in 2006.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Erin2903:

Am I the only one who is sick of Brad's therapy sessions each episode??

We get it, you're in therapy, congratulations.

Hell, no! I haven't sat through one therapy session yet - I fast forward through all of them. IMO, they are laaaaame!

"Always have faith in God, yourself, and the Cowboys...'-Eddie Sutton

• image PunkyBooster:

If I ever go on the Bachelor I need to remember to tell the producers that my worst nightmare and hugest fear is shopping.  

LMAO! or overwater bungalows in Tahiti.  

• HAHAH! Good points here! especially about telling the producers your biggest fears.

Also not an Emily fan. She does seem a little blah and I can't help but wonder if she's only looking for her 5 (more) minutes of fame....

I agree with PP's that Michelle did seem more normal in the early parts of the episode and I do agree with her that he is just babysitting..... AS crazy as she is part of me does think she is the only one old enough and mature enough to be ready to settle down....

Ok - what absolutely KILLED Me was when Chantal broke down crying - she was dramatic - but when Allie cried and didn't feel special she got a private champagne ceremony - wtf was that??? And when Emily cried he was all shocked (I get it -that she was crying for totally different reasons...)

I think Emily shoots herself in the foot when she tells him he can't meet her daughter...

From the preivews it looks like Chantal and Emily make it through the next 2 rounds...

Also I think Ashely dentist - who I"ve nicknamed Minnie Mouse - must have been loaded last week. Her  behavior this week was a 180.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."

TTC #1 since August 2011
    MFI Diagnosis - April 2012

IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!

ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597

12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Trying to navigate through the world of IF

PAIF/SAIF always welcome

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt14fad8.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I don't like Emily either because it seems like all she talks about is her freaking past and worse to find out she hosted a racing show.  This irks me. 

I didn't like that Brad doesn't want Chantal to keep giving him crap which IMO is basically saying I won't give you a rose if you don't agree with me.  What is the point of a one sided relationship?  The objective shouldn't be to get a rose but to be your self.  Who am I kidding, it's the bachelor. 

I also love the group dates because it brings all the BSC out of everyone. 

• 1. Michelle is SO uber-manipulative and Brad eats it up.

As soon as she grabbed his face though in their little one-on-one chat, he should have seen that as a raring red flag and dumped her a$$.

She's not cute, she's possessive and manipulative. That is not going to change if she is the last one standing.

2. I think Brad's therapist sucks. He keeps "telling him what to do" instead of allowing Brad to make decisions that work for him (and give support in that). He does not listen to Brad at all (I feel uncomfortable making out with all these women) and just tells him "forge ahead and who cares..make out with them all!".  I am curious as to his credentials, as he sounds more like the life coach part of his description than a therapist.

Brad is being a fvcking "caretaker" to these woman and their emotions, and his so-called therapist SUCKS for not calling him on it.  

I am a bit proponent of therapy, but this therapy just sucks and I think all it is doing is turning Brad into one of those weird people who THINK they have found enlightenment, talk the talk, and are are still lost as they are not walking the walk. Clearly he is not as he keeps going for the freaking co-dependent, insecure and crazy ones that he can "take care of".

He needs to spend more time talking about his relationship with his parents with a "real therapist" and less time being encouraged to play tonsil hockey with multiple women.

3. I am not that into Emily. And I think she still has WAY too much to sort through about her dead fiance. She still wears those rings, and the fact that she says so many guys can't "handle" her past is a big red flag to me that it is not so much about the guys she is meeting, but how she still relates to that part of her life (i.e. it has become one of the way she defines herself day to day). Not to be cruel, but she is NOT the first person to ever deal with the death of an SO/FI/Spouse and many of them are not treated like lepers by ever person they meet after...so something is iffy there.

She needs therapy  - not with Brad's therapist though.

4. Ashley S who was eliminated has a lot more going on than just being upset Brad sent her home. She sounds like she is too desperate to be "picked by someone" and is not really focusing on developing her own life and selecting a partner based on who is right for her. She's only 22 (or somewhere near there) and talks like she is a freaking 99-year old virgin. I think not getting picked is a blessing in disguise for her.

5. I had no idea who Lisa was.

• So the previews for next week and the weeks to come when Brad is crying and hugging a blonde....Does anyone else think that this is Emily leaving the show??? That sure is what it looks like to me! And she says she doesn't want to take him home to Charlotte....I wonder if that is just editing and she says she does or it was a joke or something but of course they make me soooooooo anxious for next week!!!

• image PreggoMeg31:

So the previews for next week and the weeks to come when Brad is crying and hugging a blonde....Does anyone else think that this is Emily leaving the show??? That sure is what it looks like to me! And she says she doesn't want to take him home to Charlotte....I wonder if that is just editing and she says she does or it was a joke or something but of course they make me soooooooo anxious for next week!!!

I think this was just "clever" editing. It sounded like they cut her off mid-sentence, as if she was saying something to the effect of she didn't want to take him to meet her family/daughter if the relationship wasn't serious. She is always going on about how guys can't handle her and her past, so maybe it's another round of that same old tune. 

I am so entertained by Brad liking Michelle's BSC antics. He takes it as her being dominate and displaying how much she likes him. We, on the other hand, can see that she's actually just a psycho biitch.  It appears as though he might challenge her a bit next week, which I'm looking forward to. 

I don't have a favorite at this point. I feel like there are a few girls that get all the air time (which will end up as the final 4 likely) and they just sit and cry/whine. I don't really see true "connections" forming between Brad and anyone at this point because it really does just seem like every date is a constant biitch and whine session.

That really thin blond girl that got a rose this week- what's her name? She's gotten like 5 freaking minutes of air time this whole time. So annoying how this season has been edited.  When that brunette girl that didn't get a rose was going on and on crying at the end, that was seriously the most air time she's had all season and I just thought "Don't worry honey- your life will return to normal because no one has any clue whothefvck you are."

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/149wknp.png[/IMG]

After 12 cycles TTC and two losses, our baby boy is here!

Born in the water, 04.12.12 at 1:04am. 7 lbs 11 oz and 19.5 in.

Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mama
  • image PunkyBooster:

Brad is such a tool. Between calling his therapist and saying, "I really want to be a shoulder for these girls to cry on."

Then when Emily was "so upset" by the racing date because of her FI, he said, "Oh. I truly did not know." Yes he did. Either that or he is on something that inhibits his ability to show any emotion or genuine feelings whatsoever. 

Every Tuesday, Chris Harrison and Brad write blogs to recap the show.  Chris writes on EW.com and Brad for People.com.  They always give great insight for the show.  They both said that the producers and Chris knew about Emily's story and tie to Nascar, but Brad didn't.  Chris said him and the producers decided to put Emily on that date to let real emotions show.  Kind of lame, but it is a TV show and they're going for the entertainment factor.  And while I'm a HUGE Emily fan, she did agree to go on the show, too.

"Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wish I liked Emily more, but I don't get it. I get that she seems really sweet, but I also think she needs some sort of help to let go of her past, no wonder guys can't handle it, she can't handle it.

I don't see any "connections" either that they all keep bathering on about. I find most of the women this season to be the biggest whiners we've ever seen on the show. I kind of feel sorry for Brad because every time he has one on one time with anyone she goes into how she wants him to pick her and how sad she feels about him with others.

Did anyone find the Elvis show thing over-the-top cheesy for even The Bachelor, the interludes of lonely and Ashleigh leaving. I had to FF.

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • image Sloane99:

Did anyone find the Elvis show thing over-the-top cheesy for even The Bachelor, the interludes of lonely and Ashleigh leaving. I had to FF.

Absolutely, but it was hilarious for that reason. H was guffawing away.

• I really like Emily too (and was kind of hoping she'd bring Brad back home to Charlotte, as I live there as well Smile ) but... I agree with PP's, I dont think she's ready. It seems like she is not even close to being over her fiance (not that I'm knocking her, what a horrible thing to go through)... so how can she move forward, with anyone?

Also, unrelated side note, I am totally annoyed because our local newspaper ran a story/recap of Monday night's episode, I went in to read it yesterday, and some jerk-0ff wrote a one sentence comment with who makes it to the final two and who gets the final rose. Thanks a lot, buddy.

• image kickin*wing:
    image MrsZP2B:
    image kickin*wing:

Emily and Dale Jr. never confirmed that they were dating but it seems widely accepted on the internet (a trusted source!) and she hosted a show called "Emily on the Scene" for the Speed Channel in 2006.

Oh my gosh, weebles!  I used to love weebles.  I even had a weeble house where they slid down a slide!

Romney-Portman 2012 ORGAN DONOR: DEAL WITH IT. :-) :-)
  • I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Michelle is hilarious. And I don't think she's crazy - I think she's a paid actress and is doing an awesome job of stirring shiit up. I was laughing my ass off when she pulled Brad into that room during the cocktail party - he was SO uncomfortable. lolzies.

Chantal pisses me off. Enough crying and telling Brad to send you home if he's not "feeling it" or whatever - you're on the Bachelor, deal with it. Wahwah.

I'm not a big Emily fan, either. She's cute and sweet but something just seems...not there. She's just kinda bland. It's definitely her who he's hugging while crying in that preview, and I have to assume it's because she's leaving.

It looks like Ashley H. is the one who goes on the South Africa date, so she'll be around for that much longer, at least. I feel kinda 'meh' about  her, too.

I like Jackie and Shawntel.

image Sloane99:

TOTALLY. Holy filler. I was like, how many times can you show the same girl crying? Effing bore me to death, why don't you.

image Pregnancy Ticker