Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

remember when the networks ran sitcoms on Sat nights....

I wish they still did that. Remember when shows like The Golden Girls were Saturday night staples? Guess there haven't been sitcoms on Saturday nights since I was a kid in the 80s
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: remember when the networks ran sitcoms on Sat nights....

• I still have massive love for the Golden Girls.  I find them between 11pm - 1am on the WE channel during the weeknights.
  • I used to have sleepovers on Saturday nights and we looked forward to watching Different Strokes and Silver Spoons.  I also used to love The Love Boat and Fantasy Island.  Good times.
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2ewd54w.jpg[/IMG]
  • Yes! I remember this. We'd watch Golden Girls and Empty Nest and whatever else was on when we went to my grandparents for dinner every saturday night.

Remember TGIF on ABC in the 90s with Full House, Family Matters, Step-by-Step etc?

TTC since October 2008
  • image Bronxgirl73:
    I used to have sleepovers on Saturday nights and we looked forward to watching Different Strokes and Silver Spoons.  I also used to love The Love Boat and Fantasy Island.  Good times.

Loved Fantasy Island and The Love Boat! I also remember watching the Golden Girls too every week. I also always watched The Facts of Life too. The 80's sitcoms were awesome!

• Ah, fond memories....there's no TV programming like there was back in the 70s and 80s.  Silver Spoons was also a favorite of mine, as was Facts of Life.  When we were kids my sister and our friends and I used to play Facts of Life and everyone would fight over who got to be Blaire because she was the rich and pretty one....although Jo was always my favorite because she was a tough chick  :)

Who's the Boss?, Welcome Back Kotter, Diff'rent Strokes, Golden Girls, Married With Children, In Living Color, Step by Step and Three's Company were also some of my other favorites throughout my years growing up.

And let's not forget Saturday morning cartoons!!!  They don't make them now the way they did back then!

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/x200p0.jpg[/IMG]
  • TGIF was the best.
  • image fl4lovers:
    TGIF was the best.

ditto!!!

image Anniversary
  • image MrsGlitteryHooks:

Remember TGIF on ABC in the 90s with Full House, Family Matters, Step-by-Step etc?

Yes

• I loved the Golden Girls! 
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/rka6nk.jpg[/IMG]
    6/50