Health & Fitness

Warrior Dash Attire

This Sunday is the Warrior Dash and I don't know if I should wear shorts or pants. I loathe running in pants or even capri running bottoms so I really would like to wear shorts. The weather is a high of 74* and a low of like 50*. My only concern is there is an obstacle of running through palmetto bushes (read: spikey and prickley) and one jumping over hay bales. Do you think I will regret wearing the shorts? What would you wear? TIA

Re: Warrior Dash Attire

• I am going to be wearing old work out clothes. Old Capri type pants to better protect my legs, old shoes, and an old shirt.

That way if they get ruined so be it.

• I hear costumes are encouraged. Smile
  • Yeah I made a fur mini shirt and one sided shoulder thing (this like Capital One--what's in your wallet). Just wondering what to go underneath--I don't want scratched legs but I am hoping to get by with shorts.

• I have a feeling after it you'll be a little nicked up regardless.  the warrior dash in MI isn't until the end of July so it'll probably be 90 degrees. I'm wearing shorts for sure. 

You'll have to post how it went! Good luck.

Christmas 2009 image
  • image teds1chic:

Yeah I made a fur mini shirt and one sided shoulder thing (this like Capital One--what's in your wallet). Just wondering what to go underneath--I don't want scratched legs but I am hoping to get by with shorts.

I can't wait to see pics of this costume!!!!
  • I did it in Colorado this past summer and wore capri pants but there were definitely a lot of people who wore shorts and other costumes that were fine.  I just wouldn't wear anything that you love because it can get torn and of course really muddy.  Definitely wear old shoes because they will never be the same.  One girl I saw was only wearing strategically placed duct tape Surprise  Have fun!!