Fashion & Beauty

Retinol vs Differin

I've been using Differin for acne, my derm said it would also help keep wrinkles away. Has anyone used it for this purpose? My acne is not so bad now since I started using benzoyl peroxide and I bought the Clarisonic which has helped a lot! I'd like to focus on wrinkle prevention since I'm 34 and starting to see wrinkles around my eyes and mouth when I smile:( Would something else work better than the Differin for wrinkles?

Re: Retinol vs Differin

• I doubt you'll find anyone here prescribed Differin solely for its wrinkle-reducing capabilities - it is primarily intended for acne treatment.  That being said, it is a retenoid-like product.  I'm sure something else would work better than Differin for wrinkles...it depends if you're willing to stop using it to treat your acne.  I certainly wouldn't get my Differin anywhere near my eyes.  Perhaps you could look into non-prescription wrinkle creams for that sensitive area.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Retinoids are effective for wrinkles.  I used Retinol at first but had to switch to Differin because of my rosacea (now I use neither, FYI).  I would love to use a retinoid again but I don't like triggering rosacea outbreaks.
  • You'll want different products for overall face and for eye area since most products say they are not for use around the eyes.  For my eyes, I use this eye cream as well as these cloths that remove makeup and also have a peptide treatment for collagen production.  For wrinkles/prevention, you can check out this system.  It was on the Today Show earlier this month as a "must have" for anti-aging.  I'm not using it yet since I'm using other regimens to heal my skin right now before moving to the anti-age regimen, but the before/after photos that are coming in are pretty amazing.