West Coast Florida Nesties

Poll: Non-lame Bridal Shower Games

What were some of the bridal shower games that you played at your shower that you enjoyed?
Follow me as I train for my 2nd marathon
Race PRs {5K-23:55} {10K-48:54} {15K-1:24:30} {13.1-1:53:39} {26.2-4:30:43}

Re: Poll: Non-lame Bridal Shower Games

• First make sure the bride wants to have games played.  I say this bc I was anti-games.... so no games were played at my showers.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • She planned my shower and we played games so I'm thinking she's ok with games. I will of course confirm this before implementing any. Smile
  • My MOH asked H some questions head of time and then I had to try and guess what his answers were. (They also did this at my bachelorette party but the questions were very different!) One of the questions was sorta dumb. It was "what are H's favorite things, in order" I was sorta confused but I figured it out that it was Me, his dog, his family, and sports...in that order. MIL was very upset that family ranked third. Sorta silly, but I will never forget that!!
  • "Non-lame Bridal Shower Games"

I do not think these exist. 

image image
  • ok cool!  was just throwing it out there :)
    imageimageimage
  • At mine, we played "pin the veil on the bride" and "registry item memory" (my cousin bought a bunch of the little stuff off my registry and then showed it to everyone for a few minutes, then people had to write down what they saw). I don't really like games but both were okay by me.

At my cousin's shower I did a newlywed game (videotaped her fiance answering questions about himself/their relationship, then asked her the same questions), and Name That Tune with all love songs. I also just set a timer for a certain amount of time during the gift opening, and when it went off, the person whose gift she was opening at the time got a prize.

Ellie ~ 3.29.12
    Wedding | Blog
  • image nicoleg1982:

"Non-lame Bridal Shower Games"

This. ha 

• image moonstone523:
    image nicoleg1982:

This. ha 

Agree.  lol

imageimageimage
  • Not a fan of games generally, but I co-planned a shower with someone who insisted on games. So, the one I liked was a 20-questions-type game. We asked the groom a bunch of questions ahead of time, and then quizzed the bride on his answers. For every answer she got wrong, she had to chew one piece of bubble gum. She had a mouthful by the end.
    My silly Lily is almost 4. BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think we can all agree that, on average, bridal shower games tend to be lame. However, the older generations expect them and since the guest list has many older women on it and the bride has just told me she wants them, I will be including a few. I'm trying to come up with two, maybe three simple games that are not-as-lame-as all the others. Something where the families can learn a little about the couple. I really like 'ask the groom questions and have the bride guess his answers.'  
  • image MrsMEW:

"registry item memory" (my cousin bought a bunch of the little stuff off my registry and then showed it to everyone for a few minutes, then people had to write down what they saw).

I played a variation of this.  BM gathered small items that I might have registered for & put them on a tray.  I carried it around the room showing all the guests what was on the tray.  Then I was asked to leave the room & guests had to write down what I was wearing.  Guests will be paying attention to what's on the tray instead of what the bride is wearing.  Who ever got the most, got a prize. 

At my cousin's shower I did a newlywed game (videotaped her fiance answering questions about himself/their relationship, then asked her the same questions). 

I also played a variation of this where guests were given multile choices on a paper.  BM would pause the video after every question so guests could pick an answer (bride also played along).  Winner got a prize.

I also like Bridal Bingo.  Give each guest a blank bingo sheet.  They fill it in with items they think the bride will get as gifts.  Then, they play bingo while she's opening gifts.  Keeps them paying attention while she's opening gifts.  Winner gets a prize.

PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • At my bridal shower and also my sister in law's we played this game where the host collected before hand a few clothings and accessories and placed it in a bag. You suppose to tell a story about newly weds going on their honeymoon at some island and the electricity went out and its dark. Then you blind fold the bride and have her put on everything in the bag in less than 5 minutes.

Its the funniest thing because in my bag there's a thong that I put on the other way around lol on top of my a jean short lol.

"don't ever let go of my hands" teejay.. image
  • The only ones I really like are the Newlywed game type thing that MrsMEW explained and at mine they did a How Well Do you Know the Bride quiz which only took a few minutes and was cute.  At my friends bridal shower there was some kind of checklist to see how many of the items you had in your purse.. like - lip gloss, a hair tie, a blue pen, a receipt from a fast food restaurant, a coin from another country, a shopping list, etc.  It was kind of cute and again only took a few minutes.

I basically hate the games that take more than 5 minutes or force you to interact with people because I've been to showers where I have only known a few people and it can totally be awkward to try and make a wedding gown out of toilet paper on some lady you just met 3 minutes ago.

• image PinkWillow:
    I think we can all agree that, on average, bridal shower games tend to be lame. However, the older generations expect them and since the guest list has many older women on it and the bride has just told me she wants them, I will be including a few. I'm trying to come up with two, maybe three simple games that are not-as-lame-as all the others. Something where the families can learn a little about the couple. I really like 'ask the groom questions and have the bride guess his answers.'  

I never understand the backlash against games! I can see how they can sometimes be silly, but I always find them kind of fun. And I'm not even a competitive game-type person. I'm sure the shower you're planning will be great :)

• image lauren9317:

image PinkWillow:
    I think we can all agree that, on average, bridal shower games tend to be lame. However, the older generations expect them and since the guest list has many older women on it and the bride has just told me she wants them, I will be including a few. I'm trying to come up with two, maybe three simple games that are not-as-lame-as all the others. Something where the families can learn a little about the couple. I really like 'ask the groom questions and have the bride guess his answers.'  

I never understand the backlash against games! I can see how they can sometimes be silly, but I always find them kind of fun. And I'm not even a competitive game-type person. I'm sure the shower you're planning will be great :)

Haha yeah, it's like the electric slide. You either love it and want it at your wedding or you think it's dumb and should be banned.

• image MrsShawanaB:

I basically hate the games that take more than 5 minutes or force you to interact with people because I've been to showers where I have only known a few people and it can totally be awkward to try and make a wedding gown out of toilet paper on some lady you just met 3 minutes ago.

Agreed! I like the 'how well do you know the bride' quiz too.

• What about a famous couples in history type of thing (Romeo & ______, etc) or if they like movies, finish the romantic movie quote.  We played those at one of my showers and they weren't too annoying. 

If it makes anyone feel any better, I'm helping throw a baby shower for my friend and she is insisting on playing the melt the candy in the diaper game.  I could stab myself.  

• My MOH did a game like that too.  Except everytime I got one wrong she made me put a piece of bubblegum in my mouth.  It was pretty funny.  I had a lot of fun playing it (and it was MY shower, so thats all that matters, right? LoL)

My MIL looked disgusted that we were doing such an "unlady like" thing, chewing all that gum @ one time, and talking talking with my mouth full! LoL

She was also probably happy when I got something wrong. 

image blossomtg85:
    My MOH asked H some questions head of time and then I had to try and guess what his answers were. (They also did this at my bachelorette party but the questions were very different!) One of the questions was sorta dumb. It was "what are H's favorite things, in order" I was sorta confused but I figured it out that it was Me, his dog, his family, and sports...in that order. MIL was very upset that family ranked third. Sorta silly, but I will never forget that!!
  • I TOTALLY disagree!!  I think a shower with no games isn't really a shower, JMO.

image nicoleg1982:

• I have done one with gifts, like a bingo.  The guests fill in things they think she will open, then play bingo as she opens.  It gives you something to do as the gifts are being opened, which, IMO, can get boring!

I love the idea of actually videotaping his answers!

image MrsMEW:

At mine, we played "pin the veil on the bride" and "registry item memory" (my cousin bought a bunch of the little stuff off my registry and then showed it to everyone for a few minutes, then people had to write down what they saw). I don't really like games but both were okay by me.

At my cousin's shower I did a newlywed game (videotaped her fiance answering questions about himself/their relationship, then asked her the same questions), and Name That Tune with all love songs. I also just set a timer for a certain amount of time during the gift opening, and when it went off, the person whose gift she was opening at the time got a prize.