Money Matters

Do Evites go to SPAM/Junk folders?

I'm pretty bummed.  2/3 of the people I sent out Evites to for a party I'm throwing my husband haven't even viewed the invite. 

It is going to be such a bust with such low attendance.  I've invited 43 people and maybe 9 are coming.

Re: Do Evites go to SPAM/Junk folders?

• When is the event?

Sometimes they go to junk folders, sometimes not.  It depends.  A reminder email will be sent closer to the date of the event.  You could also reach out too, right?

Don't worry, I'm working on it.
    Get it on!
  • image ClaireHuxtable:

When is the event?

Sometimes they go to junk folders, sometimes not.  It depends.  A reminder email will be sent closer to the date of the event.  You could also reach out too, right?

I just sent a more personalized message to all those listed as "has not viewed" the invitation.  

• Well, I hope you get many affirmative RSVPs!
    Don't worry, I'm working on it.
    Get it on!
  • Definitely reach out.  In spite of successfully receiving evites in the past, gmail sent the next to last evite that someone sent me to my junk mail.  The most recent one never even arrived.

Most great white bearopus attacks occur in only 4 inches of water.
  • Sometimes I don't open evites right away, because I'm not ready to RSVP and I know the host will know that I looked at it and didn't respond.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had the same thing...so I emailed everyone seperately with a regular email and a link to the evite...sadly, everyone who wrote back said it hadn't gone to their spam...they just hadn't responded

I don't think these are as popular as they once were and people are more apt to ignore it

oh, I don't think the "viewed" thing works so well as it used to...people that said they saw it, never actually showed as having viewed it...

• I'm a firm believer that the 'viewed' thing does work.  I think if people 'never saw it' then they aren't well versed in evites and didn't know they'd get busted by saying otherwise.

But I hope you get a better response!  Follow up with an email perhaps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • The viewed function on this new beta evite stinks.  People may view the evite, but it doesn't let you know that, and also there is no way to send a reminder sooner than 2 days prior to the event.

I've started using pingg.com and it is worlds better.  I'll never use evite again.  They made too many changes and now it's crap.